The Cranky Couch.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: The Cranky Couch.

Post by BlairFan »

Don Alexander, he may be president-elect, but there is one hurdle he must go over until he gets to move into the White House. That's the electoral college vote, which is conducted in each state on Monday.
"It ain't over til it's over." :-? PS Wikipedia has an article.
Yiraheerai, the warmest in the next five days here will be Sunday, It's supposed to go up to the low 50"s.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And we're hearing from various electors that they may not vote for Trump despite being from states he won. There's already two in Texas who are calling on others to vote against Trump due to various reasons. We need a total of 38, I believe, to change votes on Monday and give the victory to Clinton. If they do not vote for Clinton, this would just go to the House of Representatives who would still put in a Republican and given how things are right now, probably choose Trump. The thing is, the 38 do not have to come from all the same state either, and there are a lot of states who allow their electors to vote their consciences.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Can we put the entire year of 2016 in a strongbox, lock that box, throw it in a deep hole, fill that hole with concrete, dig up the concrete mass and shoot it directly into the heart of the sun? I found out on Christmas Eve that one of my aunts, who was always nothing but sweet to me, died.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I'm sorry to hear that :( Condolences to you and your family. :ymhug:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

My sympathies to you and yours, Count. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Sad to hear that. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

a very unfortunate situation :< sorry you lost her
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

Was going to post in "how was your day" but felt like this is maybe better.

I suffer from depression and Anxiety to such an extent that I tried to off myself multiple times.

In this month, my partner of 3 years has left me telling me I made him depressed, our mutual "friend" told me the same night that I drove him to leave me because of my mental health (this is the same person who encouraged my ex to lie to me when he was skyping his ex for hours and not coming home to me...) and I lost my job.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the middle of a mental health breakdown.

Honestly I'm tired of being treated with kid gloves but I can't blame people for trying to help. I guess I have a lot of issues to work through.

LIfe can honestly not suck harder now.
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:( :ymhug:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

thats a whole load of bulshit. "drove him to" yeah fuck that noise.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:( =(( :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Not sure what to say. We are here if you need someone to talk to. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I should just not talk very much. I never seem to say the right things.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

Thanks guys.

Arte - I saw your message before. you did say the right thing. you're correct completely. thank you - hug-
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

HUGS...Thank you. The problem is them not you. And I was worried I'd said something wrong. I've done that a lot lately and just...erk...I hope you are feeling better :)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So a cousin of mine who lives a few cities over should just now be getting out of surgery to have his foot amputated. According to his sister, he developed an infection in his foot and it deteriorated the muscle. Which is new information for me- the infection. What I had been told yesterday: he developed diabetes and had to have a few toes amputated. It sounds like he hasn't done a single thing to minimize the effect the disease could have on him. So this was, supposedly, why he was getting his foot or possibly a good bit of his leg amputated, depending on a closer examination of the area. It's more worrying thank cranky but here's the thing: No one knew about any of this. He didn't tell his dad, his mom, his sister- I mean ANYBODY. Just.. went through life like nothing changed. And it may have cost him his foot. I mean, who the fuck does that?

He does have some learning disabilities but he's also always seemed like he was lucid enough to at least tell his closest family members about this. Or, you know, to realize maybe he should change his diet some. My uncle is pretty pissed about it. I have no idea how his sister or his mom feels about it. Part of me worries that he's copying our step-grandpa, someone he looked up to quite a bit when we were kids. He had a tendency to do that. I can't think of any specific damages but I know there's been quite a few times where something big happened and everyone kept saying "OMG let's get you to the hospital" and he's just like "Nah, it's fine," and ends up not going. He ended up getting really really sick and dying, though I don't know if there was any correlation to his "I'm fine" attitude and the things that eventually killed him. Life was... that period was dark and chaotic.

I'm actually not too angry about all this. I feel like I should be, which is why it's here. He's always kind of done what he's wanted to. The damage is done, everyone knows now. Whether that'll get him to actually treat it like a disease and be more careful about whatever infection he got in his leg, I have no idea. I somehow doubt it cause you would think loosing a few toes would have made him realize "Shit, this is serious," but no.

Who the fuck does that????
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins