The Cranky Couch.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: The Cranky Couch.

Post by yiraheerai »

Verizon makes anything and everything to do with them hard. X(

I have a contract with them but my last bill increased to $70 thanks to a raise in surcharges (which were almost $10 worth of surcharges). I can't afford this. I also can't afford to buy a new phone with any other network that will also work with my smart watch. It's been very very helpful in making sure I actually get my messages since I can't hear it buzzing/ringing and the vibrate function doesn't seem to work well when it's in my pocket. So the little buzzing on my wrist? I feel it. It's great. I want to keep it but it's Samsung and it's very limited in the phones it's compatible with. So I can't afford to do that.

I switched to a prepaid contract with the company so I can keep my current phone. It's supposed to be $20 cheaper than the contract one. I had my mom call for me because hearing, etc. They tell me to switch it off for 15-20 minutes and turn it back on. Cool. I go do things and let it sit. I come back,nothing works. No texts, no calls. I check my email and there's a receipt for the change in plans.

They have me with an HTC phone on the .pdf receipt. Even though my mother made it clear which Samsung phone I had. So mom's at her place on the phone with Verizon trying to get it fixed and keeping me updated through Facebook messenger since I can't receive texts or calls right now.

It shouldn't be this hard, man.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Urgh. its the usual thing really.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Still not working. Mom's gonna call on her lunch break. So for now, no phone.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So apparently everything the guy did last night was wrong. My phone is not compatible with their prepay plans, which he did not say. He ordered the HTC phone to be delivered to me which he did not tell us. He didn't even ask for phone preferences or anything like that. Just.. ordered a very specific HTC phone for me. Mom called on her lunch break and was on the phone 45 minutes (mostly being put on hold) and was told it would be cancelled and that should return my service back to the plan I had been on before the whole mess started. Then the call dropped, so if there was any confirmation of it being turned back on, we didn't get to find out. It is, though. It's working. So that was a lot of work just be to be right back where I started.

Today has not been a good day.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGHHHHHHHHH GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA @YiraSituation
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

*side-steps massive hairball.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm single again. Well, that didn't last so very long. L-)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, shit. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

... oh.

:(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

:( I'm sorry.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Here in southeast New England, we are going to get very cold weather. Then warmer, then cold again. I call it "yo-yo weather."
:(

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

How warm there?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

well, it was up into the 50's for a while, then bounced up to the 40's, now a warm day is about 37. Well, here in the Otter Valley of Vermont, that is.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It was 69/70 yesterday. It's supposed to be that hot again today.

So much fretting cause Climate Change! *sob*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Shush you.

The president-elect says it's not real, so you better believe it!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)