Pleasures of the Soul

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Marv

Re: Pleasures of the Soul

Post by Marv »

Alright.

Honestly, drinking coffee at any time of the day is relaxing for me. It doesn't necessarily have to be a certain temperature outside and I don't have to be in a certain mood, but a nice cup of black coffee always ups my mood no matter what ^-^

I don't even drink for the caffeine either; I actually like how it tastes =D

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

It's the same with me and hot cocoa. I tend to live by the creed of hot cocoa being a cure-all. If I'm cold, hot cocoa. If I'm sick, hot cocoa. If I'm sad, hot cocoa. Always makes me feel better :)
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

one of my pleasures is a thing about this forum.

hard to express. but its the fact, for example, that say if you uses the word "sub" you'll have people thinking everything from the sandwich to BDSM.

the essence behind that and what it means is a pleasure of my soul.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And when you use the word "sandwich"... :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:x :x :x

Waking up in the night, thirsty, and having a bottle of cold, yummy drink in easy reach.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Tortilla chips dipped in ketchup/mustard/mayo.

What?
Start running.

Please?

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Being mentioned on a personal hero's facebook page. I squeed.

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

My guilty pleasures are watching the Muppet Show and really old cartoons.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

That new book smell. :)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Laying down on a $5000 bed in the darkness while talking to an old friend, and getting an "I love you."

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Those are three words can be some of the best syllables one's ear ever hears. :)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

A couple of years ago I had this massive group of friends who all used to go out and do everything together and it seemed like we were this one, big, happy group. It was nice, and I thought I was happy. I thought they meant the world to me, and I loved how it felt that these people thought I was funny and fun and used to listen to everything I said and laugh at all the right times. Things changed for a variety of reasons, one of which is the occasional flipping of my 'bitch-switch', which sort of happens when I feel like I've been taken advantage of or been mistreated for too long. Not relevant. The point is that things changed dramatically in the social scene.

These days I have a smaller group of very, very close friends. People I love. People I love spending time with quietly reading or having a meal, playing board games or watching a movie. Having fun. But I don't feel obliged to entertain constantly. People who, for the most part, have matured to the same level as I have now. People who are genuinely happy and caring. People who don't just want me around for my entertainment value, but who deeply and selflessly love me for who I am, not what I can do for them.

I have my two darling housemates, one who I've known since the tail end of my depressive years who has stood by me through thick and thin, who has seen me turn bitch and has even been on the receiveing end of it, but always understood that even when I'm an unpleasant harpy I still have the best of intentions and I still love him dearly like the brother I never had. My other housemate is newer. Only a recent addition to our family-by-choice. And young, too. Only 20 years old at the moment. But she's been through so much and she's seen such awful things that she's had to grow up. She's still playful and fun, and we call her our pet because we want to look after her, but she's got this hard core to her. A tough centre that won't take shit from people without good reason. I have infinite respect for her and, to be honest, I see a lot of myself in her too.

I have this wonderful person I gave the last 3 years of my life to. For one reason and another the romantic relationship didn't work out, but I count him as one of my greatest allies, one of the people who has taught me the most about myself and who I still love and cherish, even though I'm not around so much to tell him.

I have my dearest friend from high school. She's sweet and vulnerable and loving and nurturing. She's all the soft things that I am too scared to be. She gets hurt, but she learns from it, but she doesn't harden up and push people away like I do, but she forgives them and sends them away to find what will make them happy. And my other dear friend from my high school days. Who, when I was sad and lonely, unloved and unwanted, picked me up every morning as I lay there broken in eggshell pieces and with careful words would bind and heal my wounds and send me off into the day, stronger than I was before.

And now, I have this new boy, who I have known for years, but who I have only gotten to know in the last year as we spent more time together, who has shown incredible insight. Who writes sweet nothings on my bare back when I am too exhausted to face the day.

All these people mean so much to me that when I am with them or around them I can't help but be thankful I have them in my life.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I forgot we had this thread :)

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

I think a lot of us forget about a lot of the threads...it takes a brave soul to head down to the lower pages.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Actually, this might be a good one for me to post in. Bit of an exercise in positive reinforcement :)

I've always valued my family and friends above all else, knowing the bond that comes with those kinds of relationships. Lately with the need of their support I've been given the chance to see why it's so important for me to hold that value for these people. I'm lucky to have a mother and father who actually and actively care, and who support and try to guide me as best as they can. It's easy to take for granted how much is sacrificed by the people who raised you, and in my case, continue to keep on my feet. I have my small group of friends here, friend's I've known for most and almost all of my life, who I can trust to be honest and fair to me, if not always the most sensible. They've all made time to help me in huge ways when they're able, listening, offering advice, and many times crazy schemes to help me feel back home again. Even after a year away, we're all much the same, and in regards to how close we are, nothing has changed. Then there's the person who has given so much of herself to me over the past few years, who I have been fortunate enough to have shared so many wonderful experiences with, who has allowed me to look in the mirror and see who I am and how I can be the person I am capable of being. The person who I not only can trust to be honest and fair to me, but also practically always sensible (sometimes almost irritatingly (but also endearingly ^.^) so ) when my other close friends have those moments where sense isn't always made. These are the people I truly love and value, who I know I've made deep connections with that will last a lifetime, an who I hope I can be for them a fraction of what they've been for me. I know my future can be even brighter than my past having these people in my life, and it is a wonderful feeling to have the clarity to truly appreciate them.