Pleasures of the Soul

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Pleasures of the Soul

Post by Asaryu »

We have a pet peeves thread, and a things you desire thread...but we don't have a thread dedicated to the simple pleasures in life.

Rules:
  • You have to actually like something to post here...nothing cruel or mean-hearted like "my guilty pleasure is watching republicans suffer" or "shooting noobs who are too slow". This is a nice thread and I hope to keep it that way.
  • In order to comment on someone elses pleasure, you have to actually have one of your own. A new one. Even if your comment is to agree with the person above you, you still have to think of something else you like. (tough, huh. :P )
  • One pleasure per post. I woudl like a regularly updating list of things that make people happy...I don't want a massive run through and then the thread dies, cos the whole positive effect of the thread will go away when people stop liking things. And, for stylistic reasons, can we put our pleasures in bold?

My first one: Sitting around naked in the morning pretending I have plenty of time to get ready for work
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Re: Pleasures of the Soul

Post by ExplodingJoe »

A bottle of 18 year old bourbon and a 20$ cigar... sigh~
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Hooray! We have the first taker!

I do that too...but I haven't been able to for a while with George still here. He never seems to go out and do anything, so I never get to be nude anywhere except my room.

@EJ: Bold, man! I want your happiness to stand out!

Seeing small children excited about something that I take for granted, like a balloon...and realising how incredible it is and laughing along with them.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Aww. Little kids are so cute. I had a meeting with my professor, and she brought her kid. She's a wonderful parent with a wonderful daughter.

Seeing someone I know in a professional sense in an outside manner interacting with their kids. I like seeing people act... human.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Yum Cha.

'Nuff said.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I miss yum cha so much. Perhaps this weekend I'll go. =p~

Listening to someone as intelligent and entertaining as Stephen Fry talk about how much he hates to dance.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I like this thread!! I approve of many of a happiness in here (is sitting at the computer naked, though it is getting a bit cold now...). Especially the one from Asaryu about the little kids being thrilled pea green by everyday circumstances. The young family who leases their subapartement to our new student has a two year old daughter who is a totally cute button and runs around giggling and smiling a glorious, radiant smile. It is awesome. :)

Almost all contact with Sarah, being it chatting looking at pics, or having e-mail. I still love her as on the first day, and it is so wonderful that someone finally loves me. This is more important than everything to me.

*tears up a bit*

:x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Bear-mod approves of this thread :-bd

Approving of things. :P

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Playing with two fluffy puppies

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

thaldin wrote:Playing with two fluffy puppies
FTFY. ;)

Forgetting about calories and having creamy ice cream and pizza dripping with oil and thick with cheese! =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Heh... I was just about to list pizza and ice cream... :p

Being able to crawl back into bed and sleep a couple hours more on a Saturday
-->Steve
D.O.M.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

a thick cut of steak and a hearty Brown Ale after a tough work day.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I too very much like this thread... great idea, Asaryu.

Getting to sleep in while a soft rain taps away at the roof.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Looking at the stars. :ymdaydream: Sometimes I really miss living in the countryside. Especially considering the neighbourhood I currently live in.
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Finding something from your childhood that you'd completely forgotten about, but brings back happy memories.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)