Introduce yourself!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

Introduce yourself!

Post by Giz »

At the request of Aaron in the Q&A thread, welcome to the introduce yourself thread!

I'll begin. I'm Gisele "Giz" and I draw and co-write Menage a 3. I also draw for Penny and Aggie and Cool Cat Studio. I'm in a relationship and I have a cat. Hobbies include comics, music (playing and listening), movies and good food. :)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by midgetshrimp »

Alright, since I'm awake and here anyway, I'll go next.

I'm Ugo and I'm currently in between semesters, working two jobs to pay for my classes. I'm -not- in a relationship and I have two cats (or at least there are two cats here), neither of which I particularly like, seeing as they're Siamese and sound like dying babies. I like pretty much everything excluding rap and country music, and basketball. And probably a handful of other things if I really thought about it. I can play the clarinet, and I've just started attempting to learn the guitar. What I think an impossible task, but one of my friends needs someone to practice with. I've got myspace and facebook, those are good for the knowing of people. But FYI, any photos are at least a year old. The passing of time is noted by the length of hair. That's it. I'm not interesting. Deal.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Me me me!

I'm Dirty 'n Evil (or "Chris", as they insist on calling me when I'm not online). I work in a bookstore, and I'm an amateur league hockey player in my spare time. I read too much, I'm an insomniac, and I'm allergic to cigarettes. I have one cat, Saskia, but she's enough of a princess for this apartment I'm not sure I could tolerate another master. I have quite possibly one of the filthiest minds known to man, so clearly I'm single.

I also have the dubious distinction of being the "most goth non-goth in existence", as declared by my goth and pagan friends.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

ouphie

Post by ouphie »

Howdy y'all. My name is Len, and I have a problem... wait... sorry wrong forum. I'm an electronics design engineer with a bachelor's degree in electronics engineering (go figure). I live and work in a mountain city smack dab in the middle of Oregon.

I enjoy playing ultimate frisbee, hiking, biking, reading, gaming, drawing, and cooking. I recently discovered the joys of weight lifting with the other design engineers, one of which is an amateur body builder... and my manager. So when the three of us are gone for two hours in the middle of the day, I don't feel bad about it. I do not have any pets yet, but want to get a cat for a too long.

I'm a bona fide geek. I build PC's, have managed networks both large and small, have written programs and designed web sites. I also had one of my greatest moments on The Price Is Right back in '05. Yes I have lost the hat since then... and, as previously mentioned, hit the gym.

I've enjoyed this comic's humor and art style from day one, and hope for many long years of reading Ma3.
"Leaving a fresh Windows install connected to the internet without anti-virus is like walking the Vegas strip with your wang out. You are bound to catch something." -Len Simpson

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

"Annyong Ha Sip Ni Ka!" (Greetings in Korean)

I'm Jon, an Art Teacher/Security Officer/Tae Kwon Do Instructor/Struggling Cartoonist. I live with my wife in the Minneapolis metro area, no pets, since my wife has allergies (which made me feel for Gary when Lita invaded his space). My hobbies are Sci-Fi (especially Star Wars and some Trek), comics, martial arts, swords, drawing, and trying to get a handle on this thing called 'reality'.

I am working on my 7th issue of my mini-comic "Sa-Bom Jim", as well as networking through the International Cartoonist Conspiracy. I've collaborated with other local cartoonists, and have contributed to projects such as "Muscles And Fights" (www.musclesandfights.com) and just found out that I will have a strip appear online through one of the local papers. Yay! :D

I discovered Gisele's work through the first printed issue of "Pennie And Aggie", and have recently gotten current on her other works, and found them awesome...I know I say that quite a bit, but it is meant sincerely, and hope to follow them as long as possible!
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

LydiaRayne

Post by LydiaRayne »

Names Lydia. 22. I'm a brat who needs to get a life! Seriously. My own so I can stop taking care of everyone elses.

I'm extremely enviously of Giseles talent. I hope to one day be able to survive by drawing, doing crafts and being otherwise artsy. In the mean time, I'm a receptionist/nursing aid and I hate my jobs. I also bake cakes for birthdays and such. I currently have no pets and the past 10 months have been the first time in my life that I haven't had one. My apartment wont allow it but when I move out I intend to rescue my cat from my parents as she's putting on an awful lot of weight there.

I love this comic as it fits in well with my sense of humor. I adore all the characters and their quirks. Oh. And I think Gary is totally cute <3

HpNick

Post by HpNick »

Hi my name is Nichole, and I'm 22.

I am an Australian currently living in Kuwait while my fiancée (or since it is against the law to live with another man, that isn't your family) my 'husband' is working as a teacher. I'm currently studying a certificate in archaeology by distance, looking for a job to relieve the boredom in between trips. I'm a little bit of a writer. I'm also a big nerd loving comics, sci-fi/ fantasy books and other nerd like behaviour.

We have two Persian cats, that we saved and later found out they are pure bread. It's an interesting experience because we both have had dogs; but never cats. Sam is orange and has a large amount of issues (abandonment, the fact that he can get a key out but never open the door, ect), he is very sensitive and a bit special *coughstudpid* but still likes to try and fight Lyia - and as soon as she gets into a box; he fails. Lyia is a princess, and is plotting to take over the world (I'm sure like most cats without issues) - she is fierce when she can be bothered.

The internet is my life force and has kept me sane over the last year!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm Bear, I'm 25 and from Engand. I'm single right now but I don't really care, and I have a wide range of random hobbies from rolepaying to gardening.

Bear is more of a nickname for me since various people have said at various times that I'm built like one, and that I'm big and cuddly like one. I suppose you could class me as one of the few domesticated smart jocks, being that I'm 6'2", enjoy camping and hiking and can cook, bake and sew as well as being able to draw and write creativly. I'm a bit of a nerd with a knowledge of vastly random subjects and a love of all things sci-fi and fantasy. Pet wise I've a grumpy, elderly Yorkshire Terrier, and a pedigree persian cat thats really my sisters, but lives with me more often since as a Surgeon she works nights alot.

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

I'm kevin aka yen sid and so far I'm the youngest of all of you: 15

Let's see about me...I'm african american, black hair, tubby, a comic book writer in training, an Otaku/Comic book geek to the max :ugeek: , a fanfic writer and a gamer. always wanted to learn Japanese. I love complex characters who are hard to explain. I love saying qoutes from wikiqoute. and breaking the fourth wall. I love panic.at the disco, ludo, and other 'werid' bands.

I hate Racist people, racist music etc. Also hate rap because a lot of people think that what every black guy want to be: a gangsta, Rapper, or sports. Me; I just want to have fun in life. :mrgreen:
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

I go by "dianekikiula" on this and the Penny and Aggie forums; Diane is my middle name and you can call me that if you want. I'm 25 years old, have my MLIS (library science, basically), and work part-time at a bookstore and part-time at a small library. I came to this comic at its commencement, from P&A; I read several other web comics as well, but P&A and Ma3 are the only ones where I've joined the forum.

I'm a gamer chick, an avid reader, an occasional dancer (ballroom), and a knitter. One cat, two dogs, house-sitting for my parents as my dad went back into the Army to teach ROTC after being retired for 12 years.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

I'm Pneumonica, I'm 29, and I'm a highly virulent deadly disease.

"Hi, Pneumonica!"

Seriously, I'm a writer, scripter, and game designer for most paper-and-print media (RPGs, comics, novels, etc.), and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool geek (even if I "pass" around those I'm unfamiliar with). I have a fiancee who is unfortunately in Finland (being FInnish and all, it does make sense). I myself am in California, but I'm originally from New Orleans. I'm moving back to Texas (where my family is and where I grew up after leaving New Orleans) in a month. I enjoy long walks on the beach... actually, no I don't. I'm aquaphobic and light sensitive. The sand is nice, though. :lol: I am a Gnostic, but not Christian.

I'm also downright certain there was already a thread for this, because I posted to that one too.
Further affiant sayeth not.

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

Lonnie, aka NobodySpecial here. Picked the name because it's quite apt: Blue collar job, small amounts of college but no degree, live in the Midwest (N. Illiinois/non-Chicago), dating long distance for .... well, it's a long long story. 6'2", eyes of blue, could stand to drop a few (or more than a few) pounds.

Complete and utter geek. Second in my neighborhood to own a computer (Commodore 64). Fan of comics, some fantasy/sci-fi, played D&D with one of the original game testers as my GM as a callow youth of 12. Chessplayer who was reasonably decent at one point, but a couple decades past that time period.

Anyhoo, love the strip. As a ex-longtime virgin myself, it's going to be interesting to see how Gary ends up.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Double-oh-Seven

Post by Double-oh-Seven »

Heyy...you guys can call me Jack. Is Jack male or female? No one really knows...just kidding. I'm biologically female, but it's easy to mistake me for male just by talking to me, considering my habits and what I like(this includes electronics, cars, motorcycles, snakes, bugs, comic books, video games, violence and gross things).

Anyway...I'm sixteen, short, German, and live off coffee. I love art and biology and I have a very twisted sense of humour. I love good books. I'm pretty gay. I like boobs a lot. A lot...and yeah...I don't know what else to say. I'm an extremely loyal friend, and I will do anything to protect my loved ones. I'm also very honest, and will not hesitate to tell you if you DO look fat in that dress. :D I have a Myspace too, ask if you want linkage. I'm always looking for new friends.
>:D

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Biological unit code designation: Retiarius
Classification: Male hominid life form.
Coordinates: Sol III, 43°12’13” N, 86°14’36” W (approximate)
Observed behavior: operation of manually powered two-wheeled machines; operation and repair of primitive, presentient computing devices; visual input of massive amounts of bound printed material; consumption of combestibles beyond optimal metabolic limit; and obscure rituals involving the manipulation of numbered polyhedra.
Mating habits: none.
Recommendations: Subject has latent lethal genetic traits and a lack of interest in reproduction. Cull from herd.

:ugeek:
I think outside the tesseract.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Retiarius wrote:Recommendations: Subject has latent lethal genetic traits and a lack of interest in reproduction. Cull from herd.
Latent lethal genetic traits? Right on, brother. I'm diabetic. :D
Further affiant sayeth not.