Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

ImpulseOracle

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by ImpulseOracle »

Azrael wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:53 pm
Netflix's new series Wednesday. I've enjoyed it so far.
I thought they did a great job with that series. I am looking forward to another season.

I'm currently watching Miss Scarlet and the Duke on PBS Masterpiece. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. I love how they haven't given into the romantic interest yet and they're on Season 3.

I really like the character Moses, too. He's excellent. Super surly.
ImpulseOracle %%-

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And I dance dance dance with my hands hands hands above my head...

Don't have any Netflix. But a friend of mine and his recently-turned-ten daughter are greatly enjoying Wednesday.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

My students have been talking about it a lot too. It's very popular.
ImpulseOracle %%-

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Finally finished Counterpart last night. Great series, totally a hidden gem.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I watch very little television these days, I just don't have the time. A couple series on Netflix but other than that, nada. That said there was no way I was going to miss Wednesday. Very glad they made it good. Now that they have set their bar this high however, hopefully season two won't go the way of Heroes. :ymtongue:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Ach ja, Heroes. Actually one of the first more modern TV series I watched (bought the DVD box set).

Season 1: AWESOME
Season 2: Good-ish
Season 3: OMFG, seriously?
Season 4: Actually kind of decent again, but good they stopped there.
ImageImage

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

In the honor of the holiday season, I've been watching the classics: Rudolph, Frosty, and then Santa Claus is Coming to Town this morning. I had forgotten just how short they are! They seemed so much longer when I was a kid.

Speaking of short, I watched Mickey's Christmas Carol at the behest of one of my students, and man, that was short too! Like, 30 minutes! And it cut out a whole lot of the content from the book (which makes sense, as Mickey is usually for kids). But damn!
ImpulseOracle %%-