The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by TellusEidolon »

For any of you rpg lovers, i got a free code for Divine Divinity that's about to run out (13th january), so let me know if you want it. :)
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Got my Oath of the Gatewatch fat pack today. It cost 40 Euros, but it was soooo worth it!

I drew:

Chandra, the Flammercaller (Mythic #1)
Kozilek, the Great Distortion (Mythic #2) + foil Mountain
Kozilek's Return (Mythic #3 - most expensive card of the set)
Munda's Vanguard FOIL (crap rare, but, hey, foil rare!)

Also a foil uncommon, an Endbringer and a Bearer of Silence.

Adding in the land pack, the value of the cards is close to 50 Euros! \:d/ \:d/ \:d/
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i am really rather happy with my armor and skin modded Pipper. for some reason i am having more fun suiting out my companions than i am my own character

ImageImage

she's doing better damage with that bat than i do with my own legendary melee weapon.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Damn straight.

Symmetra has a 2ndary fire that is a charged orb that passes through all players and shields. i wiped out an entire line of enemies who were foolish enough to walk into it
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Disgeaea available on steam now. Tempted to get it. Always been an Etna fan
ImageImageImage

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I'm busy installed the new version of Master of Orion, which just went into early access on Steam. The collector's package even includes the original games (yeah, including 3, but nobody says you have to launch that one). I'm just hoping that there are some cutscenes involving verbal sparing between the leaders of the Terran Empire and the Terran Khanate...

"Announcement" trailer
Voice cast, with a lot of familiar names.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i look forward to the game, or atleast getting to know more about it!

Overwatch POTG screens :3, Symmetra in the "Devi" skin i obtained for her.

regular skin for reference

ImageImageImage

Engy

Post by Engy »

Holy heck, I legitimately wondered for a moment what Symmetra was doing in Counter Strike: Global Offensive. The background in the first two images has a lot of similarities with CS:GO's Monastery.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

it is afterall based in nepal in a robot monastery. theming doesnt change much
ImageImageImage

True_Avery

Kindred Spirits on the Roof

Post by True_Avery »

So I've never posted in general before, and will probably mostly avoid it because, well, I'm old enough to know you don't ever cross into general discussion forums in an election year...

But this is a special case. You all need to play Kindred Spirits on the Roof

I'm like half way through it now, maybe less, but this has catapulted to my second favorite VN of all time. I'm like 13 hours in, no NSFW yet, its building up its drama, characters, backstories, etc and I love it. It has the honor of being basically the first NSFW VN to be released uncensored on steam, which should give you an idea that its pretty special - this isn't no damn Hunie Pop dating sim trash, this is some actual storyline drama, struggling with queer identity, and the game goes so far to take a political stance that homosexuality is not improper which is actually a HUGE step for Japanese media in general. This game is a milestone in what it is trying to do, because as someone who loves and despises the Yuri genre... the whole genre, and japanese media in general treat homosexuality like absolute trash. This VN really tries to explain where that comes from, but also is trying in it a small way to make a real difference by presenting open, honest, and i think realistic depictions of lesbian couples. Not yuri couples. Lesbian couples. They say the Japanese words for lesbian and homosexual - as someone who has been waiting for this for over 10 years since I became yuri garbage I cannot stress enough how big a smile this puts on my face.

Is it still an anime visual novel? Yes. Does it still have some problematic tropes? Yes. But it is really trying, and I respect that. I am like 13 hours in and almost none of the couples have moved past the initial coming out phase and some are dealing with the fact they don't know if the girl they just admitted to liking is straight or not. It is all simple, but in the dearth of good LGBT media out there, especially in Japan, this is a glass of water that is delicious after crawling through a horrid desert of feel bad lesbian/yuri media worldwide.

It is on Steam for $35 America, and I can tell you it is WELL worth it. I know that feels like a lot for what is essentially a really pretty book, but the voice acting is good, I personally like the simplistic art, the music is nice if you turn it down to like 20%, and it just feels... good. After a long, horrid 10 weeks of taking 6 college level art classes and dealing with a lot of depression and general "nobody really likes me" self hate, this VN in its own small way makes me feel better about everything. When I'm finally done with finals, I'm blowing through the rest of this.

If you're interested, do not look up any pictures. Do not even google image search it. If you get it, skip the opening flashy cinematic before the main menu - it spoils some of the game and half the fun is figuring out the couples in the early game. I want to spread this around because this is SO rare and I want to support titles like these in the future - in a genre as niche as this, every single cent makes a difference.

So if you want some good ol lesbian drama with a heap of anime, look into Kindred Spirits on the Roof.

Merged here. The DAMNed
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Mass effect andromeda leaks https://u.pomf.is/jksrro.mp4

also the game is blocked from access in my region : | but there are ways around that
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I know prolly no one gets a shit, but at the Shadows for Innistrad pre-release, I got a foil promo Arlinn Kord today!! :-bd :ymparty:

Of course, yesterday, there was a guy who drew: Arlinn / Sorin / FOIL Seasons Past / Behold the Beyond

And today, that guy with Thing in the Ice FOIL promo / Arlinn / Sorin / Olivia...

:|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Had a rather crazy day at the Shadows over Innistrad release party yesterday.

Except for the new Jace, drew nothing but crap. Built a bad Gruul Werewolf/Vampire deck and lost a lot. :(

But we get a single consolation booster now matter how bad we play. :) And in it I draw... Arlinn Kord (again, though now not in foil, but in English)!!! :D So I was pretty much break-even at that point. I also got another booster, for playing all three tournaments, but that one was boring.

Then I decided to "be suicidal" and buy two Modern Masters 2015 boosters with the last of my bills. They cost 10 Euros each, which is actually a rather decent price. On the other hand, tere's a LOT of chaff in the set, so you can easily waste > 9 Euros...

First pack I open, only a foil common but the rare is All is Dust, a former mythic. I actually underestimated how valuable this card is, it starts at 7 Euros. So... Not bad, actually. Could have been a looot worse.

Second pack, I first look at the foil - oh, a Spectral Procession, a really good uncommon! :) Ok, I overestimated this one, it's worth 1 Euro, not 2 or 3 as I had thought. Still, already a good beginning...

... and then the "rare" is a mythic, and the mythic is... TARMOGOYF!!! =)) :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :-bd ^:)^

Nothing less than THE most expensive card in this entire millenium, standing at > 110 Euros right now!!!! $-) $-) $-) $-)

So, yeah, paid 45 Euros, walked out with nearly 150 Euros of LOOT! :YMDAYDREAM:
ImageImage

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is finally out (tomorrow). ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmH7RvnjIA