The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by TellusEidolon »

Tenjen wrote:i could go with chronicles i guess. i have ss 2. lets wait and see if others want it though
Seems like nobody else are interested, so i'll send you the Chronicles of Riddick code.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

http://www.othersidetease.com/dd36tr.php

some sort of Game related release timer. with the initials S.S.

System shock 3 maybe?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

System Shock 3 confirm!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Expedition Wasteland confirmed! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

shush
ImageImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I'll just leave this here: Ghost in the Shell game in early access.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Steam store is currently down as they deal with extreme technical problems that were directing people to other users' accounts.

In related news, Steam's userbase continues to be absolutely fucking insane. Despite everybody who has an ounce of knowledge saying it's not an attack, it's a fucked up error, they continue to scream to the skies that Steam has been hacked, and it's a deliberate security breach, and everybody's information is viewable by the whole world, instead of random other people, and it's all Putin's doing, and....

I really wonder, sometimes, why I subject myself to the Steam forums....

[Edit - holy hells. When Valve was too busy actually dealing with the damn error to answer questions about it, and non-official (but in the know) sites like Steam_DB, SteamTime, Game Informer, and PC Gamer were saying 'it's not a hack', people were dismissing them as not official word from Valve. Now a Valve employee has officially been dispatched to say 'it's not a hack'...and people are dismissing it with 'well, of course they wouldn't admit to being hacked'. Conspiracy theorist thinking at its finest, folks!]
Last edited by Kamino Neko on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i got so excited about the gits announcement i forgot to post here!

*lynx lamb explodes but its okay because he's actually a cyborg shell*

*downloads into a new one*

edit: the entire reaction by those people is ridiculous.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

JUST when I was thinking of maybe trying Steam.

I am a horrible gamer, so I don't know how well that would go. Been getting the itch lately, though. The hype of Fallout and Spike playing SIMS kind of stirred it up.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

there are plenty of indie games you can try out and do well in
ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

yiraheerai wrote:JUST when I was thinking of maybe trying Steam.

I am a horrible gamer, so I don't know how well that would go. Been getting the itch lately, though. The hype of Fallout and Spike playing SIMS kind of stirred it up.
Go DRM-free and come over to the GOG side. ;)

(Sorry not sorry for that pun. Hehehe)

Speaking of indie games... i'd heartily recommend Undertale. :D

Best indie game of 2015, imo.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Engy

Post by Engy »

Just a quick reminder that Steam is not an enforced DRM and thus there is a good number of games on Steam that are completely DRM free. This list has noticeable overlap with GoG games. Interestingly enough, the Witcher games are not DRM free on Steam.

As for the issues Steam was having yesterday, it was a caching issue where people were shown the cached pages of other people's accounts. Any claims and 'evidence' of people being able to make purchases on other accounts or see PayPal details were fabricated/false in order to create panic.
The cause for the issue was a new configuration that went live on Christmas day. From what I heard, there was a massive DDoS attack on Steam just before that, so I'm guessing the new configuration was to deal with that (otherwise I wouldn't have a single clue why you would push updates on Christmas). I heard there were also DDoS attacks on Xbox live and PSN, all three attacks being coordinated by two script kiddy groups working together with the goal of just being jackasses on Christmas.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

What he said. One must remember that the Steam userbase is FUCKING INSANE.

Once Valve got the Steam Store issues under control (well...a couple hours afterward, just to be sure things were working as they should and not about to explode again), I got me HuniePop (best pr0n game, ever, let alone on Steam), To Be or Not to Be, and Morrowind. (When my refund for FFVI, which I couldn't get working, finishes clearing, I'll also be getting Borderlands 2 and...something else, I haven't decided on.) I was also gifted Papers, Please (about a week ago, but it was a xmas gift - so good), Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, and the Life is Strange season pass (which is what I was going to get with my FFVI refund).

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Well, weird discovery.

Apparently, Poker Night at the Inventory and Life is Strange use incompatible versions of the same shared resource...and PNatI will overwrite LiS's version every time, but LiS won't do that. Forcing me to fully reinstall LiS.