The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Engy

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by Engy »

Well, Source 2 is about to drop onto Dota 2, and since development on Source 2 went hand in hand with development on Left 4 Dead 3... It's entirely possible (disregarding the fact that only time Valve has announced anything during E3 was Portal 2 for the Playstation 3).
By the way, the Steam Summer sale has been pretty much confirmed to start tomorrow.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I'm looking forward to FO4. I just hope it's more stable. 3 and new vegas were as famous for crashes as gameplay.

Here's the ME:A trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUS8VJgB5M

And another one I'm REALLY looking forward to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsDyv-TtJg
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

]Fantasy Crate Draft Box for June:

6 Dragons of Tarkir packs, Max Protection deck box, and 1 Modern masters pack. (As a side note, I really like the way Wizard's packages the Modern Master booster packs.)

Highlights of my packs:

Dragons Pack 1:
  • Ruthless Deathfang (u)
    Graceblade Artisan (u)
    Atarka Monument (u)
    Dromoka's Command (r)
Dragons Pack 2:
  • Echoes of the Kin Tree (u)
    Scaleguard Sentinels (u)
    Dromoka Monument (u)
    Blessed Riencarnation(r)
Dragons Pack 3:
  • Scion of Ugin (u) :)
    Kolaghan Forerunners (u)
    Tapestry of the Ages (u)
    Assault Formation (r)
Dragons Pack 4:
  • Press the Advantage (u)
    Dragon Hunter (u)
    Aven Sunstriker (u)
    Commune with Lava (r)
Dragons Pack 5:
  • Cunning Breezedancer (u)
    Circle of Elders (u)
    Death Wind (u) :)
    Arashin Foremost (r)
    Mountain (foil) :|
Dragons Pack 6:
  • Gate Smasher (u) :)
    Orator of Ojutai (u)
    Silumgar Monument (u) :)
    Clone Legion (m) :D
Modern Masters Pack:
  • Devouring Greed(u)
    Golgari Rot Farm (u)
    Electrolyze (u)
    Long-Forgotten Gohei (r)
    Arrest (c, foil)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm puzzled. Best card you get is Dromoka's Command, but no " :) "? And what's so " :D " about Clone Legion, it's by far the worst mythic of the set... I've actually drawn it in foil, to my deep disappointment... :ymsick:

And your MM2015 pack is at least as horrible as the three I have bought so far. :-Q My condolences. :ymhug:

I recently bought nine further Dragons of Tarkir (English) pre-release packs. The seller had no Ojutai but I got 2 x each Dromoka, Atarka and Silumgar, and 3 x Kholagan.

My hopes were to get at least one Dragonlord (who is not Kholagan) and Kholagan's Command as pre-release foils.

And I did!!!! :D One Atarka pack gave me Dragonlord Atarka!! :x :x :x

In general, the pre-release promos were quite excellent BOTH Dromoka packs yielded Dromoka's Command (I now have three...), and a Silumgar pack had Sidisi, Undead Vizier! :ymparty:

In the category "bad cards but I did not have them as pre-release foils yet": Crater Elemental (Atarka) and Deathbringer Regent (Silumgar).

Only aggravating disappointment was that BOTH other Kholagan packs yielded an Ire Shaman - I have that thrice as well...

Also got two further foil rares in the further DTP packs: Dragon Tempest (nice!) and Blessed Reincarnation (yawn...)

The Fate Reforged packs yielded mostly junk rares... :( Two packs stood out. The good one had a Whisperwood Elemental and a foil Wild Slash, and then there was a pack with a mythic and a foil rare!! :-o But the mythic was Ghastly Conscription and the foil rare was Jeskai Infiltrator... ~X( ~X( ~X(

Further negative news was that from the DTK packs, I got 0 Dragonlord Ojutai, Deathmist Raptor, Collected Company... (of which I only have two, one and three so far, respectively)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

okay two things.

One is i started Wasteland 2 and iam getting a real kick out of it.

Two is i somehow got convinced to join a Pathfinder game on skype. i havent played in nearly a decade.

Oh my god i need help with that. who knows pathfinder?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.5 on steroids. I might have a beta copy squirrelled away on a hard drive someplace around here, but I haven't really played it.
I think outside the tesseract.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Fantasy Crate Draft Box for July:

4 Dragons of Tarkir packs, 2 Magic Origins packs, Hyper MAT Card Barrier card sleeves.

Highlights of my packs:

Dragons Pack 1:

Slat Road Ambushers (u)
Strongarm Monk (u)
Ambuscade Shaman (u)
Silumgar Assassin (r)

Dragons Pack 2:

Gate Smasher (u) :)
Scaleguard Sentinels (u)
Graceblade Artisan (u)
Living Lore (r) :D

Dragons Pack 3:

Seismic Rupture (u)
Great Teacher's Decree (u)
Acid-Spewer Dragon (u) :D
Obscuring AEther (r)

Dragons Pack 4:

Atarka Pummeler (u)
Warbringer (u)
Scale Blessing (u)
Sidisi, Undead Vizier (r) :ymdevil:
Surge of Righteousness (foil, u)

Origins Pack 1:

Sphinx's Tutelage (u) :ymdevil:
Citadel Castellan (u)
Somberwald Alpha (u)
Kytheon's Irregulars (r)

Origins Pack 2:

Zendikar Incarnate (u) :)
Gather the Pack (u)
Skyraker Giant (u)
Gideon's Phalanx (r)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Horrible. :(

The Sidisi is the only moderately cool card in there...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Anyone playing league of legends? I just got back after a 3 month hiatus. Man this Ekko champ is fun. New favorite. I used yo main Lux as a supp.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Stellaris, the sci-fi grand strategy game we have all been waiting for! :D

So hyped for this. I also love the FTL-ish vibe coming from the music in the trailer.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Fantasy Crate Draft Box for August:

6 Magic Origins packs, Ultra-Pro Origins Deck-Box, 2 Chessex d20s, and a Chessex D6 Dice Block (36 dice).

Highlights of my packs:

Origins Pack 1:

Runed Servitor (u)
Eyeblight Massacre (u)
Undercity Troll (u)
Kytheon, Hero of Akros//Gideon, Battle-Forged (m) \:d/

Origins Pack 2:

Skysnare Spider (u)
Citadel Castellan (u)
Fiery Conclusion (u)
Kytheon's Irregulars (r)

Origins Pack 3:

Acolyte of the Inferno (u)
Throwing Knife (u) :)
Malakir Cullblade (u) :D
Alhammarret, High Arbiter (r) :)

Origins Pack 4:

Magmatic Instinct (u) :)
Meteorite (u) :))
Enthralling Victor (u) :D
Chandra's Ignition (r)

Origins Pack 5:

Magering Network (u)
Bounding Krasis (u)
Dwynen's Elite (u)
Flameshadow Conjuring (r) :ymdevil:

Origins Pack 6:

Sphinx's Tutelage (u) :D
Skaab Goliath (u)
Sigiled Starfish (u)
Mage-Ring Responder (r)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Been playing Fallout: New Vegas again (inspired by the announcement of 4 coming out, though I don't know when I'll end up getting that)...Gotta love when the enemies ragdoll in fun ways...
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Konami lately in a nutshell.

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I just bought an RPG book for 106 Euos... :|

And consider it a steal!! :ymparty:

So, "my" RPG, Das Schwarze Auge (DSA, The Dark Eye) hasm after 13 years, decided to bring out an entirely new edition - 5th. Thes are offering the core rulebook in three versions which are wildly divergent in price. Softcover (20 Euros), Hardcover (50 Euros) and Limited Edition Hardcover (80 Euros). With a single exception, this is the most expensive limited edition they have ever made, and of course I wanted it. And usually, these limited editions do not sell out that quickly since it seems most people would rather pay less money for a more utilitarian version (that can also be more easily replaced).

But when I checked a week ago... It was sold out! :(( Not only that, some seller were offering Buy-It-Nows on eBay for ridiculous 180 - 250 Euros!!!

Some days ago, I looked again, and found two people selling it via auction. One was already at like 80 Euros, the other at 50. As the 80 Euros one ended a day earlier, I decided to first bid there. When I did so yesterday, it had already reached 100.99 Euros.

I bid 121.something, quite sure I'd immediately be overbid by a higher earlier bid. It climbed to 106 but I was highest bidder! :)

I then kind of forgot about it, absolutely sure I'd be overbid in the last seconds as usual on eBay - welcome to the bidding wars.

Then an e-mail comes in, and before even being able to think it's the info that I've been outbid... I see that I won!! @-) And not just that, no one else had placed any further bid!!! $-)

So, in the end (with S&H) it will cost me 30 Euros more than if I had ordered earlier, and I have learned my lessen. On the other hand...

I'VE GOT IT!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
ImageImage