How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by midgetshrimp »

Ooh, that sounds super fun!
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Bard Warlock sounds like an amazing combo!

Do tell how it goes.

Hopefully better than my other friends group, who died in the first room when they started.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Our GM is good about not killing us too quickly. We've got a wide mix of experiences and some of our players have only just begun playing the game while some of us haven't played in decades :) The fun part so far is that I seem to be good at playing a spell caster and I'm enjoying the game overall :D
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Artemisia wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:28 pm
I've joined a local D&D game. It's the first time I've played D&D in decades! It's nice to be out and about a bit more, and I'm having fun playing a Bard/Warlock :D
Nice class combo with good mileage out of a high Charisma stat! ^_^ I like it. Hope you have lots of fun, Artemisia.

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

I got an email from a job that I had applied to, asking me to come in and interview next week. There are 2 positions open. Fingers crossed I get one of them!!!
ImpulseOracle %%-

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Good luck, ImpulseOracle. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

Thanks! I really hope I get it, it's something I've been working towards for 3 years!
ImpulseOracle %%-

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Good luck!!! Suerte! Viel Glück!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

Fingers crossed!
ImpulseOracle %%-

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

Ugh, what a day. Woke up dizzy. Figured not enough water, downed 12 ounces. Pretty much day went down from there. Didn't really recover from the dizziness till later today.

I had posted on my FB a few days ago about how these dogs kept approaching me and my dog while I was out jogging and their owners wouldn't recall them, even when I yelled "NOT FRIENDLY". My dog was on a leash, with a gentle leader on its nose--I had her all under control. But these dogs kept approaching and following us. This is all happening in public, at a local field--my town has a leash/at-heel ordinance. My dog was following this law. These dogs were not. Their owners were not recalling them. It was stressful. So I posted about it.

Today, a friend goes on to say how he didn't think these dogs did anything wrong, that it should be okay for friendly dogs to run around without a leash. I explain that my dog is not friendly, it had been raised with 7 other dogs before but due to a rare attack years after, that ended with me getting bit and in the hospital multiple times a week for an i.v. drip, the dog was now traumatized and didn't want other dogs near it. Also, my dog is old and is allowed to be finicky about who she lets near her. Anyway, the guy goes on to say that I'm traumatized and that I shouldn't take it out on other dog-friendly dogs. To which I explain, it's not the dogs' faults for their owners not following the rules. That my dog should not be penalized by other dogs' behaviors when she is following the rules. And that I am NOT traumatized, I just tried to rescue a stray pit bull outside my house the other day when my older male landlord ran for his truck because he was scared. I then tried to explain that it is not other peoples' rights to approach other dogs without permission--we wouldn't do that to a service animal, and just because your dog is friendly, does not mean that gives the animal the right to do whatever it wanted. There are rules/laws in place for a reason.

It's been a day, to say the least, and my nerves are fried.
ImpulseOracle %%-

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

that friend needs to step the fuck back
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

Right? It was very frustrating, to say the least. If I keep my dogs under control, there's no reason why I can't take them out in public, except for the fact that not everybody has this mentality, apparently.
ImpulseOracle %%-

ImpulseOracle

Post by ImpulseOracle »

My day was bland--not terrible but not exciting--except for this moment while I was at my summer job when this old lady came through to return the reusable bags she had bought in exchange for some different ones. I had an inkling of what this was about before I saw the bags. But then the lady comes around to my register and puts the Pride bags we had sold during and after Pride month. I ask her, "Was there something wrong with the bag, ma'am?" to which she replies, "No, but my son told me after I bought them what THIS stands for" (as she points to the rainbow going across the bag with the word Love written in cursive) "And I just don't support that."

I stood there for a second trying to bite my tongue. I silently refunded her money and rang in the "Be Wild" bags she wanted to replace them with.

All the while, I just wanted to say, "Well I don't support you being a fkn bigot, but sure ma'am, I'll refund your bags."

It was such a bad moment of my day--really the only bad moment--but it ruined the rest of the day for me. I'm glad it was me that this happened to and not the other 2 gay cashiers that also work the service desk where this happened.
ImpulseOracle %%-