Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by Don Alexander »

Boo to this!

Hank van Helvete, legendary Turbonegro singer and all-around wanker walking with an erection, has passed at just 49. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A massive outbreak of tornadoes spread devastation through several states surrounding Kentucky leaving as many as 107 people dead.

Washington State's Democrat Governor, Chairman of the Politburo of the WSSR, and all-around leftist wanker sinks to a new low in likening those who dare to thwart his will to domestic terrorists if they refuse to take the "vaccine" that he and the Biden administration still insist are "safe" and "effective".

Author Anne Rice, most famous for the novel Interview with the Vampire and related works passed at the age of 80 due to complications from a stroke.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"Governor calls group of residents concerned about their health..."

If they are concerned about their health, they should get vaccinated! There's a dangerous pandemic out there!

But anyway, yes, horrible with the tornadoes. :( Luckily, my US family lives for the most part in western Arkansas, which as far as I saw was not affected at all. Neither was Little Rock. #:-s

And sad about Anne Rice - at least she lived to a ripe old age. Same as my mom, though... :-s Now, I had wanted to say after her turn into a born-again Christian she had not written anything anymore that interested me - and now I learn there are THREE further books of the Vampire Chronicles published 2014 - 2018!!!! I had always thought Blood Canticle from way back in 2003 had been the last. And there's also something called "The Wolf Gift Chronicles"...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

could have probably done without the Mayfair Witch books though.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I actually liked The Witching Hour a lot - it even mentions my hometown! The other two were a bit weird...
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

:-o

:-T

~X(

Ben Bova is DEAD?????

And he passed away over a year ago?????

Why did I never hear anything about this???? Fucking hell!!!

I can't claim he has been my favorite SF author, but I've read quite a lot of his books, and sometime in the future, I'm hoping to read the entire "Grand Tour"... :( Which, it seems, he was not even able to complete, his last book "Neptune" seems to be #2 of the "Outer Planets Trilogy" - I guess we'll never get to Pluto or whatever...
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well dang. That one got in under my radar, too. :(

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

The war against the Machines has begun.

I, for one, welcome our new Tik-Tok watching overlords.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeeeeaaah, yet another reason why you won't find one of those things in my house. :ymtongue:

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

she grabbed 2021 around the neck and flung them both into the afterlife
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Joining Betty White, fellow nonagenarian Sidney Poitier has passed this morning 7 January. :( So long Sid, thanks for the memories.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

At least these people are in their 90s. A few days ago, actress Joan Copeland (sister of Marylin-Monroe husband Arthur Miller) also passed at 99...
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Sidney Poitier helped push boundaries in the film industry and set the stage for his future peers, in turn influencing things for the better in soceity. Hope he has found his rest.
ImageImageImage