Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 am
Schadenfreude

Likely the most experienced feeling in the world right now.

I mean, HOLY SHIT!!!
I love it when I am right on the nail. 30,500% increase in searches! :))

And, boy is it spreading. Not just a cluster, a whole clusterfuck.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Will this fucking year never let up???????? :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Now Bill and Ted will never have a triumphant video. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Completely overshadowed by the passing of Edward Van Halen, it seems singer Johnny Nash has also passed on. :(

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Two more for the Boatman today. :( Spencer Davis and Tony Lewis have both passed. Thanks for the music, guys.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Also James Randi.

Time to bust out the ouijs board.

:(
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Also i heard Nasa landed on an aesteroid?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (140.36 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I don't need to write anything here. :P
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Well he's has his own issues but atleast he's not Trump.

Theres a LOT of work to do though, a lot of damage to fix, progress to be made again, shit like the 2021 to 2027 Tax Hike Trump installed, cockroaches to send skittering back into hidey holes, watchdog positions to restore, etc etc

hopefully that keeps Biden and his 2nd in commander busy and away from some of their problematic aims.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

RIP Alex Trebek :(

Just to remind us: It's still 2020, bitches.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So, yeah, to add to the big middle finger of 2020, apparently Sean Connery passed away, too. On Halloween. :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, yes, that too.

There is so much shit happening we can't even keep up with it. :(

Anyway, now that Joe Biden is projected to win 306 to 232, exactly the same electoral college distribution of Trump's victory, I need him to talk about his victory in exactly the same words Trump used. "Landslide victory," "historic," "greatest victory ever," etc.

EDIT: Quite a shellackin'! Just came across this video which gives a good summary.
ImageImage

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The Dark Lord of the Sith has fallen. So long David Prowse, thanks for the memories.