Addictions & Cravings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Addictions & Cravings

Post by Don Alexander »

Thermite? :-?

That's microwaved Termites. They work like popcorn.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I thought thermite was the hot melty metal stuff?

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

That's why it's so good. It's warm all the way down, especially in your tummy :P

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

Fresh made still warm muffins in the morning as breakfast.

Eat to much cant really go to do something, just think to hibbernate the rest of the day.
Be creative, invent a perversion.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have to admit to a recent addiction. Ever since GothPoet posted a link to the webcomic Goblins, I've been reading it nearly obsessively. As in... I just finished reading the comic up to date, but now I'm only going to get four and a half hours sleep before I have to be up for work. #-o I'm sorry, it's just really well written! The author does a fantastic job of both making the various creatures distinctive and original, and get you to feel real sympathy for them when horrible things happen to them. And it does happen to them, a lot.

It definitely helps that the author is a major RPing game geek like myself so there's that common ground, but he really writes some engaging stories and maintains multiple plots running simultaneously. I'm almost sad now that I've caught up, because I enjoyed the hours I spent reading past issues immensely.

And now, I'm going to try and sleep. :p
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This post for Bear, CA, Xar et al.:

When we came here, we were told there was something completely gross called "Dandelion & Burdock"... Well, Thomas and I just had to try it, and while it tastes like weird + sweet, it's actually pretty good. But then, we drink Dr. Pepper too. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

doctor pepper is gross.. dandilion and burdoc is mmmmm...

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Heh, I'm a Dr. Pepper sort of person. ;) I prefer that over other cola's, they're often just too bitter or acidic.

Reminds me of a blog I read from another webcomic, the author being from Vancouver but visited Philadelphia for a convention and encountered a few things he hadn't seen up there in Canada. Specifically, I remember him trying "Cream Soda" without a clue what it was, and then saying it tasted like a vanilla jelly bean which isn't too far off the mark considering it was originally marketted as "Vanilla Cream Soda".
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

DR PEPPER!

and dandilion and burdock is yum.
Attachments
Picture 21.jpg
Picture 21.jpg (24.73 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm drinking cream soda now too! :))
ImageImage

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

If we want to discuss favourite soft drinks... I am totally craving the honey cola from this list. It is so goddamn tasty.

Phoenix Organic Soft Drinks
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

xxcthuluxx

Post by xxcthuluxx »

I'm addicted to the Manga "One Piece" I keep reading it from the beginning over and over! There's also a new chapter every week! It just keeps getting better! Here's a link where you can read it online! http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/
http://chewbaccastomper.deviantart.com/ <-- my artwork (I am definitely taking commissions right now. Hit me up! My prices are pretty darn reasonable.)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I wish my local grocery store hadn't stopped stocking fresh ginger, so I could make more ginger ale.

Cause ground ginger just doesn't cut it for that. :ymtongue:
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I'm not sure if Recca is old enough to remember, but I used to drink "Snow White Cream Soda" when I was young, back in Newfoundland. Finding any cream soda now is a treat!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Guess i've a few addictions, if it can be called that, ..guess it could be. For one i become frustrated/bored if i don't have access to internet and a computer daily, even if i'm doing something else like reading a book or something, i want the laptop nearby (or iphone with net access).

Second, though it's not really a must have, i prefer to have snacks (of any kind, be it chopped vegestables, chips, etc..) and tea while gaming, reading books or watching a movie.

Third, ..tea... it's my #1 prefered drink and i drink 2-3 liters daily on average. :p
Last edited by TellusEidolon on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.