Addictive Flash game dump.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Addictive Flash game dump.

Post by yiraheerai »

I may have to try this after my school stuff is done. I could use destruction.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm sure you meant to say "distraction". O:-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

No, I mean destruction. :ymdevil:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

http://www.xkcd.org/1608/

It's... so.... huge.... @-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

*casts Necromancy on thread*

Ok, so technically not a Flash game... But talk about addictive!!!!

Several weeks ago, Easter weekend, I was looking for a WAV file on my C:\ drive - and a lot of little wave files in a folder C:\Programs\Windows NT\Pinball\ showed up.

PINBALL????

I DID NOT KNOW!!!

Which is kind of ridiculous considering there is actually a link in the games folder in the start menu, but I always thought that was just Minesweeper and stupid card games. :P

It's called 3D Space Cadet, and I started playing, actually already on Easter Monday morning, not long after midnight.

... I forced myself into bed at 10 in the morning! :-o

The following day, I found cheat codes, and, with unlimited balls, set out to conquer the game. Hours later, I had reached 230 million points and was missing only a single mission, when my Antivirus decided to update and demand a reboot... :/ You can pause the game but not save it.

I retried several days later, got to the same point with only 76 million points, and paused, and drive home for a week. :P

Only this morning, wanting to finally reboot my computer, did I resume. After an hour, I finally activated that last mission, it seems to be called Maelstrom in English, and got to the final shot... before running out of fuel! b-( b-( b-(

Another hour later, though, I made it, and...

... the game just went on!! :( No "Mission accomplished"???

I tilted multiple times because I had found out that that actually does make me lose balls, and when I had finally used up all the extra balls I had accrued and the game DID end...

... I was denied an entry in the high score list!!!!!! ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X(

It was the fitting end to an absolutely horrible day. :(( :(( :((
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

DA, you didn't know about the pinball game?!?!?! Wow... that's been in Windows for several different versions. It was a long time distraction for me - most often when there was a problem with the internet and I needed something to preoccupy myself with until the wireless signal returned. But yeah, like most pinball games it just goes on and on. I've never known anyone to take it half as seriously as you did. Sorry it frustrated you so!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I actually didn't know windows used to have 3D space cadet either. Although, i remember playing Epic Pinball a lot back in the 90s.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

After over eight years... a new record holder emerges.

Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?