Dreams!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dreams!

Post by Don Alexander »

I dreamed I had a daughter. And that was her name. That's all I remember.

Upon being awake, I decided it was not such a good name.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Last night, I drempt that I was in the Star Wars universe, running around firing grenades at Gungans....I'm awful.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Your dream self is very awful :p

I woke up this morning after finding an extraterrestrial space craft. It was still inhabited and we were talking and figuring out the different customs and culture of the ship. There was also a hunt kind of thing that we wandered into. And, yeah, it was kind of strange and nice. I miss it.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh... God. :|

So I had a very long, pretty much interconnected dream. The earlier part is rather fragmentary, and I won't relate it. It included some annoyance, but that was it.

The second part was one of my rare nightmares.

I was going to attend some kind of concert in a place that does not really exist in my hometown. Not very far away, just some kilometers. Leave my part of town (a former village), go over a big bridge, and just beyond, opposite an old church on a road up into parts of the city on the opposite hillside from where I live.

I'm driving a new, white van. It seems I just recently bought this car, this may even have been in the earlier part of the dream. I initially have the impression I am driving on the leftmost lane of this big bridge, which is three lanes, not so much in a sense of passing lanes, but more in that it splits into different directions later on.

And for some weird reason, while, it seems, listening to loud music, I let the car just roll out on the bridge. I do not even notice this at first, but "suddenly" to me, there I am sitting, having come to a stop, on the middle of a bridge with lots of traffic!! :-\ :-o

Anddddd... it seems my car has gone out, too. I try to get the engine going again, but nothing doing. A short while later, I get "hit" from behind. But very softly, someone is actually pushing against me to accelerate me.

Moments later, I realize I'm actually in the middle lane. In the left lane is the wreckage of a Porsche 911 of roughly that color. Kind of yellowish green. It's really, really smashed, but seems to be standing there just like that, no one around it.

While I'm pretty annoyed my car is not starting, I get the idea that if I ever need to explain why I was standing in the middle of the road, I'll tell them I saw the wreckage, went super slow to be careful, and my car then died on me. Elegant. ;)

I'm rolling faster, meanwhile, and now I start seeing people on the roadway!!! :-o At the moment, they are all on the left-hand side, not in my way, but I'm getting worried. I'm still being shoved which means braking will be hard, and, you know, the guy behind me can't see what's in front of me!!! I jab the key HARD into the ignition...

And sparks fly and my car completely dies! :| Beforehand, at least, my lights and my dashboard stuff was still on. Now I am plunged into absolute darkness, which of course does not really make sense, the bridge itself is lighted... But absolute darkness it is, and now it feels like I'm careening across the bridge where there were people everywhere and I can see nothing!!! :-s Also, I feel I am drifting to the right, into the third lane, and of course toward the guard rail... and the river below.

I slam the brakes, which magically still work. I do not remember actually feeling any kind of impact. I fumble around in the pitch black for the emergency blinker button, and activate it. Weirdly enough, it also works. Dream logic. Oh, and also dream logic? Mr. Shove behind me seems to have disappeared.

I come to a stop. I get out, already shaken.

And outside is a scene. Just behind my vehicle, a huge splotch of blood on the ground!!! Black on black asphalt, lighted by the pulsed lights of an ambulance standing beside it, on the left-hand lane. A medic is... gathering a bunch of bloody clothes, without a body in them. White shirt, brown spotted tie, brown corduroy pants, the vividness of dreams.

I go blank. Did I do that? Did I just run over and likely kill someone??? :-ss As stated, I do not remember feeling an impact. And of course, it makes no sense that I JUST ran over someone and seconds later they are somehow gathering up his bloody clothes. But this is a dream, I am unable to think logically. All I can think of is that I just wanted to go to a concert, and now I have killed someone, vehicular manslaughter, my life is over. (Crazy thing is, many years ago, just beyond where this is taking place, I had gone to some kind of disco party, and there were some girls who wanted to get something to eat at the McDonald's on the other side of the bridge. And the guy they asked to drive them was drunk, and when he tried to turn left on to the bridge, he overlooked an old man on a scooter, tearing off one of his legs below the knee. I actually gave my belt to the EMTs so they could create a tourniquet...)

I somehow mumble something to someone, there are also other people around, the whole thing is a huge SNAFU. I am told to go into a big tent and talk to someone. A tent which is beyond the left-hand land, so... hovering above the river?? :-\

The tent is fully done up, featuring multiple cubicles, people inside them with desks, etc. Real world logic would dictate it must have been there for multiple hours at least... There are other people milling around. One I distinctly remember, tall lady in a blue dress, svelte, quite pretty, redhead. She is standing, talking with someone. On side of her face droops, like she had a stroke. On the wall is a drawing of her face showing the same droop. I don't know who I am to speak to, or what I am supposed to say.

Then I wake up. #:-s
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I had a really graphic dream about suicide and my old best friend getting blamed for it. I'm not going to go into too much details (cause daaaaamn) but I guess there was a place where you could go to do that. Kind of like the suicide booths in Futurama but more corporate? It was a building, not a booth, and there were several people there in the act of doing that (the part I'm not getting into cause damn. DAMN). She was trying to figure out why I did it and kept running into "this is your fault" messages which... doesn't make sense? At all? I don't have the thoughts as much anymore but when it was at its zenith, she was one of the farthest things from my mind. I don't think I thought of any of the RL friends I had. I mean, I never see them so.

Anyway, it was really messed up.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

brrrrr
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Hoooly shit, I just had the WEIRDEST dream in my life!!! Like Kanye West Imma let you finish but this was THE weirdest of ALL TIME dream!

I had woken up this morning at ten after not quite enough sleep. Had some breakfast, decided it's bed for me again. Sent some time getting to sleep, was not gone long when the phone woke me, one with no caller ID, got ignored. Decided to go to bed again.

A while later, then, I woke up. Got up to go to the pot and notice that in the corner to the left of the door between my main room and the front hallway, there's... almost nothing there. That's the spot where my DVDs and roleplaying books were and that is exactly where I've already taken a load of stuff to Trier, but this was too much. I'm not sure if there was much else but I decided I must be dreaming, so...

I wake up.

I wish I could tell this really narrative style because that would give it much more impact, but it was all way too crammed with details to do so. The gist is, I wake up, get out of bed, and notice my room is not like it should be, decide it must be a dream, force myself to wake up and... repeat. :| With each iteration, I REMEMBER what happened before and feel more and more TRAPPED in an endless cycle!!!

Snippets I recall:

- Seeing that at the end of my bed, on the wall, my old Metallica back patch has been torn down, and above it, the Dream Theater flag is somehow... blown upwards and there is another above it and when I unfurl that down, it's bright orange and has the face of the Lorax on it. And then I look to the left and my computer is totally smashed! :-o :-o :-o
- Looking outside my balcony door and I'm quite a lot higher than I really am and there's a big lawn down there and lots of cuddling (dressed) couples, but it is raining a bit.
- perhaps within the same iteration, there's an absolute cloud burst out there and water is sluicing into my apartment and I'm super worried my Magic cards and CDs and stuff will all get water damage.
- waking up naked next to the totally naked body of a friend of mine who's one of those I'm soooo straight I'm homophobic people and who would probably kill me if he learned of this dream. I lie there and wait for him to get erect and stick it between my buttcheeks... :|
- A sequence where I look out of my apartment door and saw the stairs in the building but also multiple apartment doors, all open, all completely empty, and there was some kind of scaffolding that made it look like all this was just a hastily erected front for a film.
- the longest, most coherent sequence involved my apartment being mostly empty already, there was a table, looked like mine, but it was out on the floor, and angled to the walls, and then there were dogs. TALKING dogs. And they were sitting at the table, one was a pug, and a short while later, a huge black Great Dane just magically appeared in the middle of the room. I tried the balcony door but there was just a black wall behind it. I went to my computer and turned on the monitor and pretty much knew what I would see, a low-detail travesty of my usual programs and that was what I got. Then there was a tall, gaunt old man there in blue coveralls, who just had wisps of hair on his skin-and-bones skull. I tried the front door but it was locked. And there was a shelf between balcony and computer which does not exist, and there in a small box I found a set of keys including a Beemer car key and I wanted to try it to get out. The set of keys belonged to the old guy and he stood in my way and I screamed at him that I wanted release from this dream and he resisted and despite it being dull, without a sharp point, I push it sideways into the very front of his flabby neck, just under the skin, draw a bit of blood, not very lethal... And then I wake up.
- Is it over? I stumble out of bed, it's dark, I have a flashlight and shine it toward the exit of my main room, and there's a young man there, cute guy actually, looks Russian, and he looks scared, like "What am I doing here?" and I scream and scream and drive him back against my front door, and...

And then I wake up and immediately feel myself slipping DOWN again and think NO MORE and the I actually wake up.

:-o :-o :-o :-o

My very first thought is that in all the dream layers, my mind was ergonomic and removed most of the clutter from the dream apartments. :P
ImageImage

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

So I have to share this one;

I fell asleep and found myself in a bizarre version of my school where the school was segregated into these tall towers that classes took place in. I had to partner up for a project with this latina looking girl who I can only assume I invented in my brain because I can't recall her as someone I know, and we had to make this like model kit or something for a group project. So I was all worried we wouldn't get it done and that I'd mess it up, and for some reason we were building it in a version of my bathroom with a tub, and I look up and she's suddenly naked and silently walks into the bath now full of water and sits down in it. Then I assumed for some reason I needed to do the same, and was like "sorry, I'll join you, but its ok I wont touch you without asking" and I slip naked into the other side of the bath where were both sit on opposite ends knees up and then silently work on the project together until we finish it, then we went down to join the rest of the class and turn in the assignment.

I have no idea either.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Had a dream last night, no shit, that I witnessed a brawl between the Bionic Woman, Lindsay Wagner, and a female ninja dressed in white. Lindsay whooped that ass, btw. ;)
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I had a strange dream where everyone in my family plus all of my friends were suddenly moving away to a distant location. It was strange, because the name of the place was never mentioned in my dream. However, the prevailing emotion of excitement and enthusiasm held by everyone was that this place was so much better than where we lived now. Across the board, it was better in every single way. They were all behaving as though they'd suddenly gotten the golden ticket from Willie Wonka. However, there was one catch... because of strict travel regulations, no pets could join us. Not even put into quarantine for a while and eventually joining us, but rather they were forbidden from ever going to this destination. Which was difficult on several of my family and friends, but in the end they all said something along the lines of "they're just a dog / they're just a cat, compared to your family."

Well, I refused to go because of leaving Saskia behind. I kept imagining trying to live without her, and I couldn't. What's more, in the dream I kept imagining her trying to understand my absence and complete abandonment, and imagining that would bring me to tears. I was getting into fights with everyone over the matter, as they tried to push and cajole me that I would be happier once I settled in to this new life. However, I knew I couldn't do it. That for the rest of my life I would feel this guilt, even though there's every chance that Saskia likely won't be alive past another 10 years. There was also this odd condition that if you were going to move to this new location, you had to do it right there and then. Meaning, that I would be forever cut off from everyone I ever knew by this decision. However, I stood firm, and they all left while I remained and spent the next several years with Saskia as my sole companion.

I can't help but feel that this dream mirrors the growing misanthropy I feel towards most people, even those I'm close to. That Saskia is one of the few beings that is unconditionally fond of me and will care for me regardless of what's going on in the world. She'll get mad at me for clipping her nails one moment sure, but the second I offer her a treat in response it's as though the incident is over and I'm forgiven for all past misunderstandings. She holds no grudges, and just loves me after it's all said and done. Sadly, I can't say the same for most people in my life, even those I call friends.
Last edited by Dirty n Evil on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Cats are better than humans. Right decision.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I had a peculiar dream... snippet this morning. It was exactly before the alarm woke me up and almost all of what had come before immediately disappeared. Only the vague impression that I was actually at home, with my mom, watching the following on TV was left.

So here we see a guy, looks a lot like Christian Bale but is not, black sweatpants but nothing above that. He is absolutely ripped, like, his six-pack each has a six-pack of its own. But he is not a mountain of muscle like Dwayne The Rock Johnson, more ninja-lithe. He is training to keep this physical perfection. But the device he is wielding is not some heavy weight. It is a glass rod, transparent, a bit more than an inch thick, so you can easily grip it. It is about a yard long and the two ends are covered in shiny silver metal caps. He is moving this rod through space with extremely precise movements that consist of speed bursts and total stops, each time advancing it only an inch or so. But this is done at high frequency, multiple times per second. There is a sequence where he has his arms stretched out in front of him and pulls it to his chest, and the TV program adds a metallic ratcheting sound as if he were pulling it over some metallic sawtooth pattern. The precision needed to create this stop-go movement must be incredible.

The narrator narrates: "Being Space Mafia entails..."

I am awoken.
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That is pretty strange.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, now, long time no dream!

A few days ago, I went to bed early, and promptly succumbed to dream. A dream that was not as weird as the layers-in-layers one I described above, but it was quite crazy and awe-inspiring for some other reasons...

I do not recall the beginning of the dream, but considering the very high realism of the parts I do remember, it likely involved the following:

A female friend of mine asked me for a big favor. She had been invited to a party with some friends, but these lived way out in the countryside or so. She herself has no car and no way to get there, and for whatever reason, her friends also can't pick her up. So, could I drive her there and take her home again? I strongly assume it's implied that I'm allowed to take part in the party. I mean, of course! The distance is too far to just drop her off and drive back home for zilch. It is likely also implied we'll spend the night there.

But from her side, what later happens strongly implies the issue of how she will get to this party was never discussed with her friends. She just tells them she'll be there.

So, we arrive at this place, and in a certain way, it's similar to where I live. It's a moderately large apartment with an inner courtyard, the apartment doors leading into this courtyard. We go through the gate, being buzzed in. Seems the friends' apartment is on the ground floor. I guess it must be summer and very warm outside. There's some benches on the side wall opposite the door.

Suddenly, the door of the apartment bursts open, and four people burst out. Screaming, but with laughter, hooting. They are quite clearly already somewhat drunk and stoned. Two guys, two girls. NAKED. Completely stark naked. The guys have erect cocks. They glisten in the neon lights of the lamps, clearly, they have just all been fucking when the doorbell interrupted them.

I guess I have a short "Holy Shit!!! :x :x :x " moment before...

Anyway, the two girls, I do not really remember them. One blonde, one brunette, both tall, lithe, pretty, but also rather generic. Their whoops of giddiness quickly turn to screams of disgust when they see me, and the both hide behind one of the guys, hands on their breasts and pussies. This guy is rather remarkable, a prime human specimen, very tall, quite muscular and just dreadfully fit. Oh, and also, he's not the youngest, and he's Mark Strong. :| He looks really pissed, and like someone you do not want to be pissed at you.

The other guy looks a lot more average. He's somewhat shorter than me, thin and reasonably well built but not a hunk. He has short, curly brown hair and a full beard and looks a lot like some student at my institute! :-o But it's more a case of kind of borrowing the RL face, in the dream I know it's not this guy (who I don't know really IRL, just from seeing him in the hallway or at journal club or so). This dude speaks good English, and seems a lot friendlier. He seems rather unselfconscious of his nudity as he sits next to me. He explains that they had not realized I'd be there, that I would have been - as I explained - driving my friend. My friend, who, interestingly, does not seem to have a comment on this fiasco. I mean, what the fuck did you think would happen? But the others - two couples, by the way - also have no intention on censoring her.

So I am told, in a friendly but decisive manner, that I'm the, erm, sixth wheel on some five-wheel five-way fuckfest. I was not expected, and plans will not be changed because of my presence. You shall not pass! It's not spoken out loud, but it's amply clear to me that I'm too fat, too ugly, too repulsive to be joining lithe, fucking humanity. It's also perfectly clear to me that no way does my friend suddenly want to have sex with me...

Now, these people are not complete savages. I'm allowed inside the apartment, which, at first glance, consists of a kitchen, a big living room (where some sleeping mats and bed stuff have already been laid out), and a bedroom behind a door which can be closed. I'm told that I can help myself to some food, and lie down.

Then, the four naked people and my friend go off into the bedroom to do their five-way, not even a glance back.

I'm left alone in the living room with my absolute misery. And this is where the dream really stretches, because now comes at least 20, maybe even like 45 minutes of me being alone with my thoughts!!!! :-o I have no clear memory of my internal dialogue beyond the very long stretch it occupied.

Then I wake up. FUCKDAMN, MIND!!! ~X( Why do you give me such crappy narratives?? I want to dream to escape, not live through theoretical but way to realistic possible circumstances. :-T I'm also angry that I woke up, as I have the thought that if the dream had just continued long enough, maybe I would have gotten a piece of the action...

I turn around and actually manage to go back to sleep again. AND THE DREAM CONTINUES!!! Not sure I've ever had that before.

But not in a good way. I spend some more time thinking dark thoughts when the bedroom door opens, and curly-haired guy comes out. He's actually dressed, in a t-shirt and boxers. He sits down and starts talking, telling me nonchalantly that he's powered out, he just can't get it up anymore. "I went too often through the back door, not often enough through the front door." Yes, those were his words. As if I'd appreciate the joke.

There was more to the conversation, but it's slipped my mind.

I have the impression I woke up once more (well, I definitely did that), went to sleep again, and got part 3, but I do not have any memory of that.

So, yeah, fuck you, mind! This one really dragged me down. Story of my life.

And the spiciest thing? I've mentioned how the two couples bore certain resemblances to real people (at least the guys) but they were dream-entities otherwise. My callous friend, who just used me?? She's actually a real person, a person I have recently quit friendship with. :| There's definitely a connection there...
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Last night, I had several weird dreams... In one of them, my father was resurrected and returned home... :( In another, I was in some subway station and it was tightly packed and no one was wearing a mask and... :-s

The one I do wish to tell was more amusing.

I was... BRAD PITT!!! =))

And was acting a role in a movie. It was a Quentin Tarantino-style one, it seems. It begins with me and some other guy driving somewhere in a car. Marcellus Wallace and Vincent Vega style.

We were on the way to pick up two broads, a blonde and a raven. My friend (I guess) goes in to some house/building to pick them up, while I wait, but outside the car - probably smoking a cigarette.

Then I felt a really strong urge to piss. So I did. I did not even surreptitiously go into a corner somewhere, I just pissed right there on the street. And boy, what pressure! And what an amount! I just pissed and pissed and pissed.

Brad Piss.

What made it worse was there was a huge amount of back splatter. My shoes got covered in piss, my pants started getting soaked, it was all over my hands.

And still I pissed.

Then the guy came back with the two ladies, and I turned to them, said hi, and pissed in their general direction.

The were aghast. I explained to them it would soon be over, and not to worry, I would not stink despite being totally drenched in piss.

And I pissed on.

And then I awoke, and noticed I REALLY needed to go to the bathroom! :)) :)) :)) Looking at the clock, I remembered having woken up two hours earlier, already feeling an urge to urinate, but turning over and going back to sleep...
ImageImage