Dreams!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dreams!

Post by Don Alexander »

Last week, I went to the movies and saw The Babadook - and immediately the following night, I had a Babadook dream! :-o Well, it did not deal with exactly the same creature, but it was still rather unsettling...

The dream begins with me waking up - actually snapping awake, immediately alert and focused.

I'm in bed, but sleeping in an impossible place - my old room at home, where I spent my youth. These days, it is stuffed with crap my dad put in, and I sleep in what used to be my baby room when I visit my parents, and my mom sleeps in the big bed in the guest room. While there are no indications that this dream plays in the distant past, my room is my own again.

I have been awakened by an approaching airplane. Even though it is night and dark, out there, I immediately see the silhouette of a B-1B Lancer bomber! The huge thing is flying maybe 100 meter agl, and is not more than 200 meters or so away!! Even though subsonic, it passes in almost an instant - and I must assume they pulled up really quickly, because a few klicks on, there's the side of a mountain to smash into if you are flying so low...

Despite passing so close, the sound is only moderate, like a nearby car, and not the earth-shattering roar I'd expect... I immediately jump up and rush out of my room, to see my father just emerging from the little bathroom. I call him into my room but of course there's nothing to see anymore.

Anyway, I decide to go to the bathroom - which my dad has just left. And I have no freaking idea what he did there, but when I rushed out, he had been applying toilet paper everywhere, on the floor, the door handle... outside the bathroom!! :ymsick: I quickly determine I will not check the state inside the bathroom, and go to the right, down the hall. Despite trying to be quiet, my mom in her room wakes up and says something. But as she is not sleeping in the guest bedroom - the only way to get into our main bathroom - I just go in there, turn on the light, and...

... and something follows me in to the room!!

It is a quite peculiar... thing. It is about 1.5 m tall and approximately humanoid. It's legs, torso and arms are all made out of what looks like thin grey plastic pipes, though - about 5 cm in diameter. The legs are two parallel pipes, which join at the hips in an inverted U, and the shoulders are similar except of course somewhat wider, to accommodate three of the pipes. Everything is rigid, no joints, totally straight. The arms and legs end in "spear points" - the tubes converge, retaining their rotational symmetry, to points, not triangularly, but slightly curved. On top of a very short neck is a head which is initially hidden in blond "hair" which looks like a bundle of dried straw.

The creature hovers toward me, absolutely silent, not threatening per se but utterly curbstomping my sense of reality!!! 8-}

After some short break, the flaxen hair is gone, and the head is revealed to be a kind of double point emerging from the neck. There are no facial features, no kind of clothing, nothing.

Then, I think I woke up, or the dream ended in some other way.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

All y'all need ta have mo' dreams

I've actually been remembering dreams every morning for the last week or so. Only a few last week seemed important. One felt more like a friend sharing hers with me. But, anyway, this one I'm still looking for these cushions.
So, dream, I was with a group, from school. It was relatively large group. We stayed at a place different than normal. I was walking with a cane because of all the reasons I walk with a cane. There was an old wood section we walked on to get to our room. It was large. I was surprised we were all in the same room. Not separate boys and girls, though I don't remember any male faces... There was a large "bed" made of some weird rectangular cushions over lots of books and stuff. The cushions were actually really comfy. The group dynamics were actually normal to me. I mean, I didn't feel entirely like part of the group, but I never do. Oh, there was another room somewhere, and males, but they were teachers.
I think the cushions also twisted when squeezed.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Had a dream last night, within 15 minutes of falling asleep, that I was working at my computer but then the power went out and the entire dream blinked out to a dot in the middle like older screens would do and I woke up with the typical elevated heart rate from that. Somebody flicked off my dream, meanies!

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Sorry, Mik, that was me. I tripped over a wire in the dark. :P
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

actually it was me, that wire was really long so i was playing with it and dragging it along. Then someone went and tripped over it.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I didn't sleep well last night. Restless legs. Couldn't get to sleep for a really long time. Felt tired this morning and went back to sleep for a while.

First one I came out to see that someone had parked right behind me. I had parked next to a portable container section in the lot and a little odd shaped vehicle had pushed right into my bumper. So I pushed it over and slid it out of the way to look at the damage.

Then the next couple seemed to be a continuation of that, but it's a bit complex for me to describe, though interesting, exciting, probably would be a good horror thing for most people, or make a good Halloween style episode on some show. But when I tried to go back into it one more time, I just kept hearing a woman's voice in my head saying "no". So, apparently some woman I don't know didn't like the dream, so I can't go back into that one. I've mentioned I can go back into dreams later, right...

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I've been having variations of the same dream for the last week and a half, and I'm so tired as a result.

I keep having a dream that I'm at my current job, in the pharmacy I started at a couple months ago. I'm dressed in my scrubs, but I'm armed with a Scottish Claymore. A really heavy, two handed chopping sword, and something much bigger than I prefer. I like a little bit of finesse in my sword fighting, but this is what I have. And I'm in this big fight that never really seems to end with other seemingly "normal" people who are also armed with some sort of hand to hand weaponry. Businessmen in suits with an axe and shield, or a construction worker with a spear, or a Wal-Mart person with two knives. This sort of thing. Nobody armored or anything, but we're all chopping and slicing and bashing each other to bits. And it goes on for hours. The constant threat of it all has this almost zombie-like survival feeling.

Now, some of my co-workers are there, and when we're both having to deal with someone else we can team up against them. Only, we almost immediately drift apart. Because it seems as though if we're both in the same place for too long, there's this odd compulsion to keep fighting. And even though we don't want to, if two or more of us were to try and back ourselves into a singular room and barricade ourselves in, we'd eventually start swinging on each other. We don't want that, so we're always briefly passing in the middle of a fight but then moving on.

I'm also under the impression I'm stuck with this Claymore. Now, it's a beautiful weapon, but it's far too heavy to keep swinging around for this long. My arms and shoulders are screaming in complaint, but it's either find enough energy to make another chop or die. I sometimes pick up a smaller weapon that's been dropped like a knife and I might hold it in my opposite hand... but I never set down the Claymore completely.

Every time I have this dream, I wake up exhausted. I've also been having quite a bit of insomnia lately, and I find myself remembering the dream quite a bit as the hour comes closer to getting to sleep. Subconsciously dreading going to sleep and going back there. However, this is the first time I've written anything down for it, so I'm going to see if I can't choose consciously to go somewhere else in my dreams as I turn in. I really need some good sleep.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That sucks :( I hope you were able to have peaceful dreams and a relaxing night.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I dreamed I was in bed with yira! :-o

But it was a huge double bed, and we were each keeping to one side.

Not to mention we were fully clothed.

So no idea what that was about. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Huh. I usually don't get into other people's dreams.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

BOMB KITTY

A fully realistic looking and acting, but robotic cat which has a deadly bomb inside, as powerful as several hand grenades.

No one knows when Bomb Kitty will blow.

Bomb Kitty seeks the proximity of humans to maximize kill count, to the point of running after them.

Is often seen being fucked in the ass by gay guys who wish to commit suicide, this makes bomb kitty complacent and causes it to lie down, as it has a guaranteed kill. Case in hand: My mom and I are running from bomb kitty, and a bunch of 1930s cartoon series characters (because they got banned) do a daisy chain on bomb kitty.

:|

Mind! What are you coming up with???
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

*crawls out from under Don's pillow*

Damn 1930's cartoon characters foiling my plans
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Don... you may need an intervention. On the other hand, maybe this means you should avoid suicide kitties for a few days.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Emvorvor.

Unlikely to be a good name for your daughter.

:|
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

@w@ hmm?
ImageImageImage