Dreams!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dreams!

Post by Don Alexander »

DnE... Wow... That's harrowing. The level of detail is excruciating. Kind of like the bad flipside of your awesome ability to tell anecdotes...

As I have mentioned several times before, I hardly ever have nightmares.

I have, somewhere else, told about the dream where an exploding candle in a glass holder slit my throat and I bled to death.

As a child, I had one bad nightmare. All I remeber is a drawing of a single image I recalled later: Two silhouettes, like the hoods of the KKK, extending above a horizon drenched in the blood of a dusty sunset...

And then, I was abducted by aliens once!! :-o

Actually, no. But I had a dream which is similar to what many abductees describe. In this dream, two things mixed: Total lack of motor control and a just-under-the-surface-of-reality consciousness. I felt awake. And in my dream, I was doing nothing but lying in my bed, unable to move, while little humanoid creatures, the size of garden gnomes, moved beside me... It was pretty terrifying, I can tell you. Total helplessness.

In another thread, LSD mentioned having a fever dream consisting of a green triangle!! (LSD, farm that out, you might start a religion. ;) ) My fever dreams, well, I hardly ever recall anything of them, but they are horribly repetitive and full of unrest.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i had a sexy dream last night. but iam not sharing :p. But ill tell you this. Didnt actually get to have any [or should i say not much?] sex because my partners father walked in @_@.

I had another dream. But it was a thinking dream, one where iam aware iam asleep and can conjure what i wish with my sleeping mind. notice that when i dream of Cheshire, its never a scenario but one of the dreams where iam "thinking" and creating and guiding the dreams.

oh and there were no interuptions in THAT dream at least :3. Though sex wasnt the only thing i thought about. But iam not sharing mushy romantic thoughts either >>
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I want to her about CS's dream!!! :ympray:

And she doesn't seem to have noticed I dreamed of her. ;)

And Lily and Lola seem... off.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Yes I noticed you dreamed of me :P I thought I commented on that, maybe I didn't...

My dream wasn't very exciting. I was having dinner with my friend and for some reason we were at a fancy restaurant and we were having a really deep conversation. But then all of a sudden he was like "Shh, we should stop discussing that, our guests are here!" And then pepperkitty and T2B came to sit down... and we all ate soup. And then it segued into this bizarre dream about zombies :|

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Yes I noticed you dreamed of me :P I thought I commented on that, maybe I didn't...
Therefore, noticing you have not commented yet, you shall not comment here either. ;)
cyanide_sweet wrote:My dream wasn't very exciting. I was having dinner with my friend and for some reason we were at a fancy restaurant and we were having a really deep conversation. But then all of a sudden he was like "Shh, we should stop discussing that, our guests are here!" And then pepperkitty and T2B came to sit down... and we all ate soup. And then it segued into this bizarre dream about zombies :|
My whole little fambly was there and I was out!! :((

*swears to have more forumite dreams*
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Don Alexander wrote: My whole little fambly was there and I was out!! :((

*swears to have more forumite dreams*
I shall do my best to have another forumite dream that includes you :ymhug:

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Don Alexander wrote:DnE... Wow... That's harrowing. The level of detail is excruciating. Kind of like the bad flipside of your awesome ability to tell anecdotes...

As I have mentioned several times before, I hardly ever have nightmares.
Me neither, thank goodness. The ones I do have are the kind that I can't remember much about (except being terrified) and wake up with a start >>;;
Actually, no. But I had a dream which is similar to what many abductees describe. In this dream, two things mixed: Total lack of motor control and a just-under-the-surface-of-reality consciousness. I felt awake. And in my dream, I was doing nothing but lying in my bed, unable to move, while little humanoid creatures, the size of garden gnomes, moved beside me... It was pretty terrifying, I can tell you. Total helplessness.
Weird :-ss There is actually something people experience where they're awake, but their body is still "paralyzed" from sleep...sounds annoying and creepy.
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Strange thing. I had a dream yesterday that we were all smushed and stuck in a tiny closet trying to get out.

it was hilarious. My mind kept switching the presence of you all between our forum persona's [those who have them] and the variety of pictures we've seen of each other.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

To elaborate (and necro) what I said in another thread;

I dreamt about Ali three nights back. She was really upset and kept crying, and was living in a falling down brick outhouse with no heating, and strange men kept trying to attack her, and a forcefield was stopping them from getting near, but each attack allowed them closer. For some reason, the outhouse was at the bottom of my mother's yard, and I saw her there and had to fight the men (who turned into orc-like creatures), to free her, and she exploded into bright lights that blew away on the wind.

Very odd. :-s Not my usual style of dreams.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I had a really weird dream last night. I was walking down the street barefoot and it was raining. And my friend showed up in front of me, he was walking backwards and just staring at me. So I was like "What are you doing here?" because it was in this alley near where I used to live, and he moved across the country a few months ago. He said "I'm here for the funeral." So I just stared at him, because I didn't know who had died. And he grinned at me and turned around. He has this tattoo on his back of an angel and a devil and it looked like the flames were moving, and the angel's head was missing. And then we walked into a yard, and a bunch of people were just there staring at me. And my one friend just came up to me and asked why I'd been gone. And then I woke up.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

That is really weird. :-s Rather detailed though!

Sorry, PFL :P It wasn't quite the same as yours though!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

phoenix: Our shining crusader... who, in the end, doesn't get the girl. :P

CS :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Don Alexander wrote:phoenix: Our shining crusader... who, in the end, doesn't get the girl. :P
It wasn't that kind of dream! Most dreams I have that I recall (I have a LOT of déja-vu's) are of me fighting something(s) to protect or save people/animals. It's odd, but a recurring theme.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

One from a while ago. I woke up from my alarm clock (had to go to work) but fell sleep again.

In the dream i was shopping with friends. We were talking about something and suddenly the work work fell. Somehow I knew i fell asleep and was dreaming this so I had to wake up. I run away from my friends and jump in a fountain. My friends come up to me and ask me what i am doing to what I say "I will explain later" Shortly after i woke up (thank god). Only time I knew i was dreaming.

Lately my dreams consist of me falling in love with someone girl or boy (depends what the last thing i have been watching reading before sleeping)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I fell asleep watching Xena once and had some freaky ass nightmares that I can't remember.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?