Childhood Occurances/ Stories

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

EdenNamir
Location: On Dart Sureblade's Lap, Singing of a day when we will have many children.

Re: Childhood Occurances/ Stories

Post by EdenNamir »

I've got three here.

1 when i was in like 9th grade i was in teck ed (was my entire highschool life) and we were putting a sidewalk in near one of the elementary buildings (we had a k -12) and i was taking a break from diggin (had to dig up the area first) and was leaning against the wall when i somehow i fell my head bounced off the brick wall a couple of time and then a shovel hit me in the nose. had a bloody nose and a HUGE bump on the back of myhead and i kept getting dizzy and was having problems seeing straight but i wouldn't let them send me home :P got yelled at for HOURS about how i should be more careful. turned out i had a concussion my mom made me sleep in the living room and kept waking me up and took me to the hospital because my nose wouldnt stop bleeding. I thought this was hillarious.

2. we owned ducks for most of my highschool life and 2 turkeys. 1 turkey would fly into the trees (you know onto branches) and the other would eat all the food. (note i live in the middle of no where) well, the one that would be in the trees... got its head eaten off we found it on the ground headless.... my sister cried for a week. i vomited. the other turkey (hers. the other was my moms) lasted a good 5 years... but it kept getting bigger adn bigger. well one day she went to feed it and it wasnt moving... it had died of a heart attack. (needless to say No we didnt eat them for dinner) now she refuses to eat turkey and has problems even with chicken... if it is close to the size of a turkey.

3. (midge. reminded me of this one) we were taveling to pennsivania when i was 7 and my sister was about 1 year at most. and we stopped at a gas station and my mom told me to go use the restroom.. well, so i went and i saw the sign for women and i COULDA sworn that was the one i went into... ( i was still SLEEPING... sorta) anyways i went to the first stall and was using the bathroom when i heard someone come in. so i called out for my mom thinking it was her... she didnt answer... well i finished, washed my hands, and left on my way out i thought i heard someone and turned around intime to see the door completely shut and notice it was the MENS room door... I got so embarresed that i ran all the way to my parents and kept telling them that i went to the bathroom in a mans room and there was a guy listening to me use the restroom... it was scarry then but now... TOO HILARIOUS!! :P
Now I have a RPG site called Haven For Role Playing. join if you wish.^_^
"To know ones self is to know true knowledge" ~ Kristina Roby

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

The talk of fowl reminds me of another cute story.

I was about 6, so my sister would have been 11, and we were on holidays on the Central Coast of NSW. We would rent a little place on a lake and stay for a week. Now, the lake had ducks and geese, and the ducks and geese had babies.

I'm sitting on the steps of the lodgings with my sister when she sees the baby geese, and she decides she wants to play with them. So she starts chasing the babies. I yell at her to leave them alone cos I don't like seeing animals afraid. As usual, she didn't listen to her baby sister. She chased them around the corner of the cabin, and when I next see her, she's running back the way she came and looking behind her as 2 angry adult geese run after her. My mum had come out and seen most of what happened, and we laughed at my sister a bit. Served her right, I thought, but she hates geese to this day.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

EdenNamir
Location: On Dart Sureblade's Lap, Singing of a day when we will have many children.

Post by EdenNamir »

:ymdevil:

i bet you look back on that and LAUGH still huh?
Now I have a RPG site called Haven For Role Playing. join if you wish.^_^
"To know ones self is to know true knowledge" ~ Kristina Roby

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

If she can laugh at the story where I get my head split in two, I can laugh at the stories where geese chase her. I call fair.

Oh, and another amusing one about my sister (I didn't do too much stupid stuff when I was little...I was a sit and read child for the most part)...

It was a long long time ago, when Haley's Comet was visible. I know little to nothing about comets, but it was visible, and we went out to the middle of nowhere near a run-down food-shack and a paddock to watch it. I made friends with some other kid my age who was in the same place, and my sister being herself, came and stole my friend away.

I don't htink my friend liked my sister very much, cos he then told her that there was a ghost horse in the paddock that only comes out once a month, and it happens to be there today. Well, he riled my sister up so badly that she started to run away...and she was running and running and running and then we hear this loud "Oof!" and she starts crying. She thought she'd been attacked by the ghost horse...she'd actually run into a low-hanging branch and winded herself.

I ROFL'd. And then I read my book. I think the comet passed overhead during all this as well. :P
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

=)) your sister sounds like the sort of girls i looooved hanging around as a kid... they were just so much fun :ymdevil:

now, regarding comets... not sure if it was haley's comet or just a meteor shower, but i was at the place where i spent the summers, the celestial fly-by was something we were waiting for... so there we were, me and four friends (one of my girls among them) laid on the ground in our small neighbourhood square, stargazing and talking about all sorts of stuff... from ancient civilizations and how their gods could have been aliens, to where we would go swimming the next day... it was about 3 in the morning when the light show happened and it was quite impressive... and after the meteor shower, came the more conventional one, as one of the neighbours used a hose in order to make us get out of the square and go home to sleep

ah... fun times
Last edited by Ithilion on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

This one isn't mine, but I found it and I thought it was too adorable not to share.

Young Love

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

That was in our papers yesturday too :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes, I thought that was awesomness!! =))

Asaryu, I have some doubts about your Halley's Comet story. :P

Because Halley's Comet last was in the inner Solar System in 1986. And you're 23, right?? Which seems to make you very young at that time, too young to be reading a book? :-B

Oh, and it will return again in 2061...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

As a Kid I had the bright idea to try and body surf on the wet bathroom floor, ended up with a few stiches in my chin.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gredinus wrote:As a Kid I had the bright idea to try and body surf on the wet bathroom floor, ended up with a few stiches in my chin.
Hoboy, this does just remind me of the one time I came close to killing myself!

We had a continuous-flow water heater in the bathroom. It had two settings (I and II, duh!) and a big switch to change them. Well, more of a slider, up and down. One day the slider broke. From then on, one had to reach inside to flip the switch.

One day,the whole plastic cover slid down to the right. The switch was now in the top left, but I did not know that, reached in... and hit a live wire, not insulated.

BANG!!! b-( It was like being hit by the Bear-jöllnir!!! I found myself several feet away, dazed, and the tip of my finger was simply burned, like a little blackenend canyon...

No other injuries, but my parents were inquite a hubbub after that. I also recall a freind of mine showing up sometime after, me telling him I had nearly died and him being pretty much disinterested, which made me very angry.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

Don Alexander wrote:Yes, I thought that was awesomness!! =))

Asaryu, I have some doubts about your Halley's Comet story. :P

Because Halley's Comet last was in the inner Solar System in 1986. And you're 23, right?? Which seems to make you very young at that time, too young to be reading a book? :-B

are you absolutely sure about that Don? ...cause i distinctly remember people rushing to get a glimpse of Halley's comet...and i sure as hell wasn't 6 at the time
Last edited by Ithilion on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Member of the Dream Team

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Don Alexander wrote: Asaryu, I have some doubts about your Halley's Comet story. :P

Well, it may have been a different large piece of rock I failed to pay attention to, then. I wasn't very old at the time, and I had a book with me. I vaguely recall being told I went to see Halley's Comet when I was little, and I must have assumed that this was it. But I was a very early reader. My mum says I used to have a book with me everywhere I went (I still do for the most part).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

@Ith: Yeah, totally sure about it. Just check out Wikipedia. The 1986 apparition sucked though, while 1910 was made of awesome. Perhaps you are confusing it with Comet Hyakutake or Hale-Bopp, two naked eye comets in 1996 and 1997.

@Asaryu: Did you get to see Comet McNaught a yer ago?? I was so envious of everyone in the southern hemisphere, it was one of the greatest comets in the last 50 years.
ImageImage

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

hmm... you're right, must have been hale-bopp
Last edited by Ithilion on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Member of the Dream Team

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

You've remeamberd me abaut when I first saw a comet. Must have been Hyakutake because I remeamber there being another one the next year.
We came home late that evening and when I saw it I yelled "Mommy, mommy!!! Why does that star have a tail?!".
My mom wouldnt even have noticed it if it wasnt for me :D