Childhood Occurances/ Stories

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: Childhood Occurances/ Stories

Post by Asaryu »

I hand to you the mantle of fucked-up childhood.

I relinquish this dubious honour, for the sake of your poor, dead kitty.

Although, your brother sounds like my sister in a lot of ways. I think my mum was too clever about it all to give my sister anything to hurt me too badly over, and I was smart enough not to take the lack of attention personally. It still meant no Christmas presents for me til I was 8 though.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

EdenNamir
Location: On Dart Sureblade's Lap, Singing of a day when we will have many children.

Post by EdenNamir »

wuh? why?

:ymhug: :-*

I think we can share huh?

I had some good times... Like my uncle gaveme a pink stuffed bunny as a present one time.. but the thing was it was taller than me (ears included) and i had this cute littel pink slide (taller than the bunny though) that i would climb up and slide down teh slide with it.

I still have that rabit and me at 5'7" it comes to my shoulders. does that tell yuo how tall it was?
Now I have a RPG site called Haven For Role Playing. join if you wish.^_^
"To know ones self is to know true knowledge" ~ Kristina Roby

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

that is a big bunny.

I think I had the unofficial honour of having the most wrecked childhood, and having emerged from it relatively unscathed. Sounds like you've had at least as many trials as I have, so I say we share.

For more info, I think there's a things you're proud of thread laying about here somewhere.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah, yes, the "Achievements" thread - quite buried by now, should be resurrected...

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to both of you for growing up to become such lovely ladies!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

EdenNamir
Location: On Dart Sureblade's Lap, Singing of a day when we will have many children.

Post by EdenNamir »

*grabs Don adn Asaryu into a big hug*

Well, we have lived, adn learned... now if only i was so daring in my adult life...

I'm more of a stay at home stare at PC kinda person.... I have two friends and a husband and my mom dad and sister and then his family... but thats it... so i got you guys on here now though ^_^

*makes note: need to get more active in life...............*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Still unclear on one thing... Who exactly was this "brother"?? Sounded like... adopted at a quite late stage in life or so? :-\

And I think when DnE reads that post, he'll send the Kodiak Bear Infantry after him... and I'll be riding one!!!! X( How dare he kill a kitty!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

EdenNamir

Post by EdenNamir »

1: Krystail (pronounced Crystal) was a white Persian.. snowy white and would take baths with me ^_^ (climbed in of her own free will)

2: he was actually a cousin, but his parents , while traveling, put him on the side of the road and left him there at the age of five. no one else in the family wanted him because of who the father was (i myself don't know who he was.....) so my mom and dad took him in. and loved him for a time. but i think as he grew older and grew to feel unloved because of this act he started to hate adults... but he was always kind to me... okay so i got unexpected broken bones when we played and yes in one month he broke my nose a total of 10 times (but you cant tell YAY good doctors <no not plastic surgery>) but generally it was after he got into a big fight with my mom and dad and when they would remind him they were the only ones who would look after him. i mean i think the real problem was he didnt fell loved enough by the adults and i was always coddled until my sister came along and the same things that eh went through i went through....

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

It sounds like the boy was rather messed up from a lot of things.

I think it may be easier and better in the long run that you decided to forgive him. If not for him, then for you. Anger is a hard thing to carry around with you, and it takes a lot of the joy from life. It's much more pleasant to let it go and get on with life.

Though I must admit, I agree with your mum...I don't think it would be wise for you to resurrect your relationship with your brother unless you are certain he's at a stage where he isn't emotionally dangerous. Mostly for your own mental health...fucked up people can be very draining, and unless you have the patience of a saint (and I know I don't) you'll never be able to help them without getting a lot of support from the people around you.

EdenNamir

Post by EdenNamir »

Aye don't i know it....

There's one that happened last year and not to me but to my mother. As a child my mom didnt grow up with her parents and siblings she was abandoned as well (my doesnt this run in the family... just noticed...) and well she's tried to be sisterly to her twin sister but her biological family just seems to be F****ed up. excuse my language please. and well, this is like the twentith time that they let ym aunt (VERY unstable) live with them (i had moved to NC to be with my boyfirned (who is now my husband) ) and well, a month after living here and controling their lives (long story) she says im leaving my mom says ok. and then my aunt pins her against the wall adn tries to kill her IN FRONT OF MY , then 13, year old sister!!! tried to strangle her.

Anywasy, and my mom says she forgives my aunt.. but my aunt has tried to get my parents to divorce, has cause my sister to be scared of her and sleep with a knife (told her she would take her away and never let her come back) and hs tried to kill my mom numerous times....

But my mom still keeps in contact......... WHY?!?!?!!?!?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Sounds like your mum has issues as well...

Maybe the abandonment thing cuts her deeply, and he tries to maintain contact? Who knows. But yeah, that's a messed up situation to be in. I hope your little sister is okay for the most part...perhaps she should do what mum ended up doing for me, and get a lock on her bedroom door?

EdenNamir

Post by EdenNamir »

wel live in a 117 year old house (still has skeliton key door nobs) and my mom and dad wont let me change the locks on the bedrooms doors (believe you me i have TRIED) LoL

lets see... heres a happy thing

when we lived in OKC and the one tiem i remeber it snowing any (was the first snow i EVER saw) we were living with my mothers mom (i refuse to call her grand parent anythign) (unless it makes it easier to type then i dont really mean it) and my dog had to live outside ina dog house. so i made a little palet in the the tool shed (kinda like a slightly larger dog house) and left the door open.. i got my but beat my that woman... and my dad slapped ehr for doing such a thing.

but that week I made snow bunnies of me my mom my dad adn one in a tiny little stroller to depict my sister. ^_^ then i made a kitty adn a doggy... i had to run all over the street and house to house to get enough snow... but i did it... we have a picture of them, SOMEwhere... but im not sure if i can find them....

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Oh, I just remembered something!

It was the summer after kindergarten, so I was probably 6, and I had been swimming. I go into the bathroom. It's a linoleum floor. My feet are wet. When I go to wash my hands, I fall flat on my face and cut my chin open. It required stitches. Ten years later, you can still feel the bump.

It was funny, the only people dry enough to take me to the ER were my mom and uncle, who are horribly afraid of blood. And, of course, being a talkative child, I'm chatting their ear off. But with every move of my jaw, more blood comes out, so they eventually tell me to shut up.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

EdenNamir

Post by EdenNamir »

oh god.. see heres the thing i cant talk about blood or look at it... it gives me the ebby gebbys... same goes for the needles.... so my natural instinct is to laugh... so i would be laughing if my kid ever did that as i screamed internally worried about them...

heres somethign funny. Ihave asthma... pretty bad or i did when i was little (still do but its a LITTLE better) anyways we went over to my moms cousins house and i was playing with her two daughters... i started to have an asthma attack out of no where... i couldn't move without having my lungs feel like they were completely empty and i couldnt get any air into the,... (im about 10 mind you) and i start panicing.. what does this do? makes it WORSe... i finally make it to their lving room and collapse on the ground no one notices... and i crawl to my dad they think im playing around and i barely get the words out that i cant breathe and my dad white as a sheet grabs me up and rushes me to the car and to the hospital i passed out on the tripo there which my dad PANICED big time. and call the ambulance.. they followed us LoL anyways. he tells me that he got me into the room and was waiting on the nurse/ doctor (it was about midnight at the ER you get more LPNs than MDs you know?) i woke up adn grogilly said i needed water. i could barely breathe.

My dad went to get the water (i remebr this VIVIDLY and i dont think i'll ever forget) a few seconds after he leaves 2 female nurses come in carying the lab bucket ( you know the little white plastic tray/bucket thing they have) and i talk to them and then i see one rgab a needle and its not a butterfly needle it was one of the BIG needles. I spazzed momentarily not letting my body say ANYthing about not being able to breathe adn i scream and say i wont let them touch me my dad ran into the room adn asked them what the bloddy H**l they were doing. they explained they needed 4 tubes of blood and i then passed out. my dad said one of the nurses kinda went limp when she saw my body turn ashen white and my lips turn blue and then i colapsed on teh ground. ended up with a cuncusion from hitting my head on the gurny bar things you know the ones to keep a patient in. they took the blood and went on their way. and when i came to i was on oxygen adn had been in the ER for 8 straight hours (from start to then) and i had to stay on the albuterol/oxygen mix for another hour... that the nurses said something about my lungs or something but they didnt do much and for a year or so after that i had to take 3 doses of albuterol/ salin stuff and i was never allowed to do PE at school even though they still made me do it.

I think that one is funny. i have another from high school but i think i'll wait a few before i post that one. :P

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Everytime someone talks about theri childhood it made me feel pretty sad.

I didn't climb trees, I didn't run around places, I wasn't scared of anything, but didn't try anything either. I did murder some kittie by mistake. but I have no memory of that >.>.
If anything could be called exciting, it was being kicked out of school when I was 8 for kicking some guy' ass(ironically, I didn't), and in my new school having(and winning) constant fights. Alas, i was a good kid.

Oh, and my time was divided between Heroes II and Warcraft I. I didn't need to get out for fun.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

One time I was chasing a family of ducks around down the street, just running with them (I was I think 11) and one of the ducklings stopped... and I smooshed it... and I looked down and it's eyes were all bugging out at me so I screamed and ran home. All the talk about dead animals reminded me of that.

Um, the most unusual childhood story of me is one I don't personally remember. But I get told all the time. When I was about 7, my family (mother, father, 2 brothers, 2 sisters) took a road trip to Wisconsin for a family reunion in our '65 Chevy Impala (because it's huge and fit us all). All I remember from the trip was going to Six Flags (first roller coaster, called The Whizzer :D ), stopping at a 24 hour diner place for hamburgers at 1 AM, and catching fireflies at the reunion. Oh, and not being able to swim in the hotel pool, because I didn't finish my breakfast. Anyway, I'm told that we stopped at a rest area in Illinois for food and a bathroom break. Now, I have a history of... wandering off... so suffice it to say, I wandered off. My family got in the car and drove off. They didn't notice I wasn't with them for about 30 minutes, and all of a sudden it's, "WHERE'S BUD!!!" U-turn, drive back. They forgot me at a rest stop in Illinois (ok, so my wandering aided, :-$ ) and when they got back I was sitting on the curb, the 7 year old poster child of dejection and abandonment.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?