Pranks!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Pranks!

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

This is a bit silly, but I decided to make a thread for prank ideas (harmless of course, or nearly) :p Mostly because of April Fool's day, but I thought it would be silly to make a thread just for a one day thing so I decided to broaden the topic to pranks in general. (Mods, feel free to change this or whatever if you need to :p)

And to start...I'm so excited to tell this (incredibly stupid :)) ) story!

When I was younger, about 8 or so, I had what I thought was a brilliant idea for an April Fool's joke to play on my parents. I decided to TP the house, but since we had one of those Brinks alarms that my parents set after everyone was in bed, there was no way I could go outside without setting it off. And I couldn't turn it off, because the keypad was in my parents' bedroom and the numbers made beeping noises. So anyway, I very intelligently decided I would do it anyway, only inside :)) I can't remember how much toilet paper I used, but I remember draping it everywhere and wrapping almost everything in the living room. Then when my parents discovered it the next morning, I think I tried to pretend like I hadn't done it.....as if a complete stranger would sneak into the house in the middle of the night and put toilet paper all over everything for no reason =)) =)) Needless to say, they weren't too happy with me, especially for wasting all that toilet paper :p
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Re: Pranks!

Post by GothPoet »

One really fun one that I pulled on my sister was to put a piece of electrical tape over the sensor on her optical mouse. You might be surprised how often the simple solution eludes most people.

Spoof programs were really big in the computer lab in college. We had one that inverted the font on the screen, and another one that would turn on the HD light and make the computer make sounds like a bathtub drain.

One spoof program prank that I found hilarious at the time I pulled it, but later felt a bit guilty about was one that made it look like I had hacked a certain government computer and inadvertently started WWIII. The guilt came in from pulling this one on my brother and having him in tears he was so fully taken in. :ymblushing:
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

:)) I think my mom might have taken pictures, but it was so long ago I have no idea where they are :p

I'm glad it's okay, I'm always nervous when I start a new thread :)

GP: That's awesome :))
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

When I was younger, I was quite the April Fools' Day prankster. :ymdevil: Very often, my younger brother Sean was the target. Amongst my pranks?

One year, I wet his toothbrush and liberally covered the bristles in salt. When the salt dries, you can't see it... until you brush your teeth.

Another year, I was working the night shift and came home before he woke up. I got a roll of packing tape, and cut out long strips in another room so he wouldn't hear the sound of the strips being pulled out. I then took the strips and sealed his door shut. The door swung outwards, not inwards, so he couldn't get out of his room. He told me when I woke up he had to hop out his window to get out of his room.

Yet another time, I went for the classic "shaving cream in the shoes" gag. Now, this prank worked very oddly, because at first I didn't think it worked because of some unusual circumstances surrounding it. My brother for a while there wore these neoprene "deck shoes" everywhere - and I figured they were the best target, because he could easily just rinse them out since they were make of neoprene and there would be no harm done. (An important element to pranks, in my opinion. Inconvenience, nothing actually ruined or costing the person money.) Only, I don't use plain shaving cream... I use shaving cream gel. It doesn't lather up until you rub at it. Well, April Fools' Day came and went, and Sean didn't come back to comment on this latest prank. So a few weeks later, I ask him if he'd caught sight of the shaving cream in the deck shoes or whatnot before the prank got him. That's when he busted up laughing, because the prank worked out in an unexpected way. Because without my knowledge, Sean had washed his neoprene deck shoes the day before... and throughout the day as they kept foaming up, he thought it was as a result of some soap he hadn't managed to rinse out properly. We both had a good laugh about that.

And in case you're wondering, Sean tried a prank on me once... once. He got my stepsister Nicole in on the act, as she caught my attention and asked me to come over and check on something. Well, she was leading me past an open door that had the light off... and Sean was waiting inside. It's a rather odd fact, but I seem to be lacking a "flinch" reflex - something they'd witnessed before, and wanted to see if they couldn't test its limits. So as Nicole led me past the door, Sean leapt out and yelled at me to see if I would duck away. I didn't. I heel-punched him in the face without even turning my neck to look in his direction. I immediately apologized, got him an ice pack, and he said it was all right. But he never tried to pull another prank on me. ;)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I are serious Sithlord.

I do not do pranks. :|
Dirty n Evil wrote:When I was younger, I was quite the April Fools' Day prankster. :ymdevil:
Dude, you have a coyote tattoo, it figures! :P

@SP: :)) :)) :)) That is too cute!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I used to turn the batteries backwards on the remote, so my grandma would be watchin TV and go nuts trying to change the channel.

"Are the batteries in there? yes... what the hell?"
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Okay, not mine...

But this morning, on this dating website I'm on, I saw a status update - a girl had gotten married! :-o

So I wrote her and congratulated her.

And she later answered me, telling me it was just an April Fool's ;)

(I answered her, asking if I should be relieved, because she sure looks interesting. :P )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I've had two people do that to me on Facebook. One was on April Fool's the other was just a wry joke. He changed his status to married and a friend responded to the status with "to your job?"

Yep.

Oh and there's this:
LiveJournal wrote:Hi guys. This is (name deleted), the chick who shares (name deleted) toothbrush. It appears that Miss Priss over here has been privately writing a series of harlequin romance novels which feature a family of incestuous, acrobat dancers who work at a cyber-circus in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Since I simply cannot let this stay under wraps, I feel obligated to share the first installment of this wondrous wonder with all of you and the rest of the internet. Especially since I can't get my head wrapped around all the laser-pumping sex toys and pan-sexual orgies.
Under the cut entitled "( Excerpt from Carousel of Contortions, Book One: Beauregard and the Big Topper )" there is this image

Following that is "Now, excuse me. I'm working my way through Book Two: The Swan Sex Robots of Saturn."

...My friends and their girlfriends are awesome.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins