GD Announcements / Suggestions.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Zippy

Re: GD Announcements / Suggestions.

Post by Zippy »

Don Alexander wrote:Just to announce I shall be offline until Sunday. Going to the Party-San Open Air. \M/

Hands above the covers and no Molotov cocktails!!

*looks especially at Anarchy Kitty*

*sets up anti-pony firewall around Tenjen*
We'll see you when you get back :p

*cackles evily*

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

So... are we allowed to throw a loud forum party and destroy things while you're gone? O:-)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Don Alexander wrote:Just to announce I shall be offline until Sunday. Going to the Party-San Open Air. \M/

Hands above the covers and no Molotov cocktails!!

*looks especially at Anarchy Kitty*

*sets up anti-pony firewall around Tenjen*
Okay okay i got to admit, the moment i started reaading this i was like "HO HO iam gonna post pony stuff all over for when he comes back"

then i read to the end : |

YOUR HOLLOW WORDS WONT STOP ME FROM POSTING PONIES

*lynx kitten is suddenly surrounded by a literal wall of fire*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

JTheCreator, Shotgun65, JoybuzzerX, and zaprzapb have been banned for a month each in regards to the occurrences in the forum thread on Ma3 #975.

We don't like to do this but after having a discussion over it, and putting it up for a vote between a few of us, we decided for it. Why? Well, as much as we believe in free speech... slut-shaming and transphobia? Come on guys, you're better than this. Ma3 is a comic that tries to show acceptance. We should do the same with our fellow readers, right? We want this forum to feel welcoming to everyone, not just a select few. It's not the first time the content of a thread has bothered us, but this was the last straw. We felt it was time to show an example in order to avoid this kind of behavior in the future.

-- Giz, Don Alexander & TCampbell
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It seems the last round of bannings were not received properly.

After some very straightforward slut-shaming in the new SDB thread, majek and dwarfling have been permanently banned.

I have also explicitly written out that hate speech will not be tolerated on the boards any longer.

The DA
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander wrote:JTheCreator, Shotgun65, JoybuzzerX, and zaprzapb have been banned for a month each in regards to the occurrences in the forum thread on Ma3 #975.
It seems certain people can't keep to the general rules and accept their punishment.

eMachine has been banned permanently for being a sock puppet of zaprzapb, and zaprzapb has been permanently banned for creating a sock puppet.

The DAMNed
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

what happened to the forum today?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

^^^From PixieTrixComix Twitter account: "We're aware our sites are down. We're having server issues, and hope it gets fixed soon."

It was all the sites (main comic pages AND the forums), but they're back up now
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, off to Party-San Open Air.

Hands above the blanket until Sunday! :P
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Have a safe trip!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

HEY! EVERYBODY RIOT!
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

is that firewall still in place?
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

LadyObvious23 has been bannedzoned for attacking another forumite, hate speech, generally toxic behavior, overuse of expletives... I could probably come up with several more reasons.

The DAMNed
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

POW POW
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

AmiKobayashi, neneroi and Asellus have all been banned. I got the strong suspicion that all three were sock puppets of the same person. An inquiry in this direction was met with a week of silence, followed by this little expression of emotions. Obviously, the latter post alone is a reason for a permanent ban. As the two others never responded, but instead removed their avatars (both cases) and sigs (one case) just like AmiKobayashi had done, and also stopped posting pretty much after my inquiry, neneroi and Asellus are also removed.

The DAMNed
ImageImage