Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by Fen »

mm, I did play basketball for a few years.
And soccer. And fifa:P.

And I was quite the soccer fan, till my team started sucking and I lost all faith.
I remember now. Manchester United, with almost only the substitutes, slaughtering our team in one of the most dissapointing games I've ever seen.
And 4 years later, I go to another game, the last one of the season(which we won), with a new(now one of the best) team. It was 1-1 and we were thinking "ah how cute, it's ending with a tie". But then the other team scored. And with a final defeat we celebrated our season win with dogs, horses, lights and concerts.
Pathetic.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Just be glad you've never played Drunken Darts with me. At one of my friends old pubs, that darts board they had was one of those proper professional ones with the metal wires to mark the different sections. Anyway.. after a couple of pints we decide to have a game. He distracts me while I'm throwing at high speed, the dart hits the metal wire, bounces off, and jams right into his shoe, luckily hitting between his toes after penetrating the leather, missing them by milimeters. #:-s

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Fen wrote:mm, I did play basketball for a few years.
And soccer. And fifa:P.

And I was quite the soccer fan, till my team started sucking and I lost all faith.
I remember now. Manchester United, with almost only the substitutes, slaughtering our team in one of the most dissapointing games I've ever seen.
And 4 years later, I go to another game, the last one of the season(which we won), with a new(now one of the best) team. It was 1-1 and we were thinking "ah how cute, it's ending with a tie". But then the other team scored. And with a final defeat we celebrated our season win with dogs, horses, lights and concerts.
Pathetic.
I don't get it. Did you lose the game and win the season? Or did you just win one game? Or did you just want to confuse me?
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:Just be glad you've never played Drunken Darts with me. At one of my friends old pubs, that darts board they had was one of those proper professional ones with the metal wires to mark the different sections. Anyway.. after a couple of pints we decide to have a game. He distracts me while I'm throwing at high speed, the dart hits the metal wire, bounces off, and jams right into his shoe, luckily hitting between his toes after penetrating the leather, missing them by milimeters. #:-s
Heh. My friend and I took my dart board and hung it on the shed. And proceeded to throw darts as hard as we could from across the lawn at it. Most sunk into the shed doors, but I actually hit the green. It was like a centimeter away from a 60 foot bulls-eye.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:F1 racing. The most boring moter sport ever. If your in one of the better cars, Ferrari, Mercedes, your practically garenteed to win which makes it uninteresting to watch as you always can tell who'll win.
:-\

I don't think the differences between the car are very relevant. That would be pretty stupid... And I recall that the last season's final was nailbiting.

Though it hardly interests me any more since Schumacher left.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

midgetshrimp wrote:Heh. My friend and I took my dart board and hung it on the shed. And proceeded to throw darts as hard as we could from across the lawn at it. Most sunk into the shed doors, but I actually hit the green. It was like a centimeter away from a 60 foot bulls-eye.
With that kind of accuracy you'd like a show called 'Last Man Standing' and the Butenese Archery episode they did. :D About the same thing from what must have been the length of a football feild.
Don Alexander wrote:I don't think the differences between the car are very relevant. That would be pretty stupid... And I recall that the last season's final was nailbiting.

Though it hardly interests me any more since Schumacher left.
Well you never see the lower end cars even with the good drivers like Jenson Button or David Coulthard comming high up because they just don't have the power.

And I just don't care for it at all. Lewis Hamilton may be British, but he's the biggest arrogant asshole I've ever had the misfortune to see.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

come on, everyone KNEW Schumacher would ALWAYS win.
And now Rossi's always winning at moto gp.
Boooring.
I don't get it. Did you lose the game and win the season? Or did you just win one game? Or did you just want to confuse me?
We lost the last game of the season to some newcomers. But we won the season anyway.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:And I just don't care for it at all. Lewis Hamilton may be British, but he's the biggest arrogant asshole I've ever had the misfortune to see.
I won't argue with you about it, as I'm almost not interested in it either (you obviously know more than me). My mom thinks it should be outlawed for causing Global Warming. :D

Edit: @Fen: What's wrong with Schumacher always winning?? :D

And he didn't. Lost several seasons.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Phoenix wrote:A fellow Patriots fan! Yay!'Ice girls'!? Pics or it didn't happen.
http://bruins.nhl.com/icegirls/bios.htm

Ice Girls.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Ooo.. Beary Ice-Girls :D :x

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Ooo.. Beary Ice-Girls :D :x
Those skates can't be good for your fur. /:)
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:Ooo.. Beary Ice-Girls :D :x
Indeed sir. Indeed.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Bear wrote:I quite like watching Ice hockey, though thats mostly for the fights. Even though alot of it is barging players out of the way, there has to be some tactics and skill in it since the puck moves so damned fast. A friend of mine used to have a roller hockey team for a while. He tried using me on it since I'm a big guy, but I've the balence of a mountain wombat on a wobble ball so sucked at skating. Luckily being big though, he could just sit me in the goal and I blocked most of it just with the padding.
You should try lacrosse. It's hockey without the ice or skates, and without the armor. And it's violent. Because hockey isn't. Not on the lacrosse scale.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

English lacrosse and East Coast USA lacrosse are vastly different!

English lacrosse is only played by girls, and there's minimal contact.
East Coast US (real) lacrosse is as you describe.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Phoenix wrote:English lacrosse and East Coast USA lacrosse are vastly different!

English lacrosse is only played by girls, and there's minimal contact.
East Coast US (real) lacrosse is as you describe.
The girls I saw playing lacrosse were making more-than-minimal contact, and not in any sort of sexy way. I don't think we have a "mutilated" icon, so let's just go with b-( .

EDIT: I've never seen English lacrosse, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recognize it if I did. "Hey, wait, we're two minutes into the game and nobody's bleeding!"
Further affiant sayeth not.