Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by Azrael »

Even the U. S. has it's soccer hooligans. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

BTW: Gratz to Chicago for their third Stanley cup in the last six years. :ymapplause:

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Congratulations Golden State Warriors, NBA champions. :)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Well, I'm finally back... and I want to offer my congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for their Stanley Cup win.

In my opinion, the Lightning and the Blackhawks were the best possible combination of teams to meet in the finals for a fun, challenging game - and I think that's what we got. Mind you, it might have gone 7 games (or perhaps even had a different result?) if Tyler Johnson hadn't broken his wrist and Ben Bishop hadn't torn his groin muscle in the finals... but all the same, I think most hockey players would have to agree that a hard skating series in which both teams had lots of exiting chances was good for the sport. I'm still actively upset about my classic issue with the officiating of the sport as it pertains to how calls are made when the Lightning are involved in a game and I definitely feel it effected the outcome, but I also know that my team is going to continue to be a strong team for at least several more years.

And next time, I won't be job hunting so I'll be able to grow a playoff beard again!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Just a little something that showed up on my Facebook newsfeed today.

US Defeats Germany, 2-0, to Advance to 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Final.

*waves at Don and GermanMerc* :p
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yeah, boo to that. :P

Game for Third Place, Germany vs. England, is on right now, 0:0 after regular time.

cyanide_sweet is attending it live in Edmonton! :)

EDIT: Well, crap. [-(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Go, go, USA!!! :ymparty: **==

EDIT: Conga Rats! :-bd 5:2, quite decisive! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Vengeance achieved. :ymparty:

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

The power of the Hat Trick...

Though I am sorry Germany came in 4th.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Why is that Home Depot employee so sad? :-\

:p

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

In keeping with my tradition, seeing as how it's the final game of the regular season for the Toronto Maple Leafs, I yet again offer this classic image that is still true. :))

Mind you, I don't expect the Lightning to make it very far into the post season, either. We've been just so injury riddled all season long. Our superstar in Stamkos is out between 1-3 months recovering from surgery on a blood clot, our #1 defenseman in Hedman is currently hurt and may or may not be ready by the playoffs, our #2 defenseman has a fractured leg, the biggest hitter on our team in Callahan is also hurt and day to day... we're busted up all over. And that's not even addressing the problems we're going to have once the season is over, seeing as how Stamkos is going to be an unrestricted free agent by July 1st and is almost certainly going to ask for more money than we can offer. Never mind our team gets absolutely no respect, as our goalie in Bishop is without question the best goalie in the league (the best goals against average, the best save percentage, second in the league for shut outs) yet he's unlikely to win the Vezina simply because Holtby has a stacked team in front of him so he's won more games.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Time keeps slipping away from me, I have paid almost zero attention to sports this year. :|

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

You, sir! Off my wave length, post haste! :p