Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by midgetshrimp »

New England sports is going alright this year, I guess >.>

I'm enjoying watching the NHL playoffs, they are INTENSE right now.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Congratulations to the US female soccer team for winning the World Cup!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Now go show your men how to play this game. :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Huzzah! for the Seattle Sounders winning the MLS Championship for 2019. :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Seattle is on a roll, having beaten San Francisco on Monday night football. The Seahawks are a strong team especially the QB.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Tom Brady is certainly cementing his case for being the NFL's GOAT. If that magnificent bastard actually wins the Super Bowl this year it'll be pretty much marble pillared and heroic scale bronzed.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hail to the King, Baby. I hope DnE is enjoying the sports run this season for his adopted hometown. The Lightning won the Stanley Cup, the Rays won the American League pennant, and now the Buccaneers have won the Lombardi Trophy. Pretty good run.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

processed (1).jpeg
processed (1).jpeg (132.1 KiB) Viewed 6605 times
According to SidewaysPlatypus: "What most sports stuff sounds like to me =)) "

I answered: "BASEBALL"

Anyway, gratz to Brady I guess. But come on, man. You already have Gisele Bündchen. Leave some for the rest of us. ~X(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Eh, I like sports well enough and that was still funny. :))

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

SidewaysPlatypus sent me this:
processed (2).jpeg
processed (2).jpeg (190.97 KiB) Viewed 6591 times
Me: Are you aware that 75% of Chiefs fans believe that this game was rigged and the Chiefs actually won?
Tom Brady is not the legitimately victorious Super Bowl Champion!

Sideb(.Y.)bPlatypus: (rofl)
#notmychampion

Me: #fansmarch
#MCWA
(Make Chiefs Win Again)
#StoptheBallSteal

Best thing was, I initially had written Buccaneers in each place where I now have Chiefs. And she didn't even notice. =))
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Azrael wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:19 pm
Hail to the King, Baby. I hope DnE is enjoying the sports run this season for his adopted hometown. The Lightning won the Stanley Cup, the Rays won the American League pennant, and now the Buccaneers have won the Lombardi Trophy. Pretty good run.
Correction... the Lightning have now won the Stanley Cup TWICE in a row. :D
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hey DnE, great to see you. :D Enjoy it while you can because now the Kraken are in the league, baby. :p Nice to finally have major league hockey back in Seattle. Only been 97 years.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well regarding the Seattle Kraken inaugural season they're looking pretty good, but kinda inconsistent. They went 4 and 2 in the pre-season (who cares) and they are 1 and 1 here in the regular season. So far they look like they are going to make a showing of it at least.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So, the Kraken. Season hasn't been great but hasn't been bad either for an expansion team. They've been in the fight in most of their matches and have shown signs of improvement. Only real curb stomping they suffered so far was a 6 - 1 loss to Philadelphia. This week the played them again and took them to a 3 - 2 OT loss. Yeah, still a loss but big improvement there. All-in-all, I'm pleased with the team and still glad we've got major league hockey back in Seattle. :ymparty:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The Seattle Sounders have become the first MLS team to win the CONCACAF Champions League championship! :ymparty: \:d/

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Interesting news: Alex has a chance to see an NFL game in his home nation. The first ever regular season game in Germany ever, even. Then again, he'd have to go to Bavaria to see it, so nevermind. :p