Things You Desire.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

NobodySpecial

Re: Things You Desire.

Post by NobodySpecial »

Well, a girlfriend would be neat. I haven't had a date since *cough*.
GF would be good, I'd settle for the date.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I want a short bus, so I can travel with a handful of my friends nationwide.

We'd all paint the short bus really obnoxious colors/designs. Give it green and purple flames or something.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

It has been a shitty week, so right now I desire to be Shiva, Destroyer of Worlds.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Things I Desire...

I desire not to be in pain every minute of every day. (I suffer from a degenerative joint condition that leaves me in anywhere from nagging unpleasantness to I'm not even going to try and get out of bed today. Pain is like Evil fuel.)

I desire to have the alterna-version of the Leave It to Beaver household. Wife, family, home, stability... just not so boringly whitebread. I might be greedy, but just having a girlfriend or having a date isn't enough for me - I'm at the point in my life I want something reliable or it's just another let down.

I desire to not be unlucky. Yeah, that's not happening.

I desire to own a car, because I'm sick and tired of riding a bicycle everwhere. Of trying to balance a week's worth of groceries from my handlebars. Of pedalling through a summer downpour to get to work. Of really knowing that there's no way you're going to attract someone when you explain you're so broke you don't even own a car. :ymsigh:

I desire to not need so much to desire after.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

tilde

Post by tilde »

Swayambhu wrote:I want a short bus, so I can travel with a handful of my friends nationwide.
Heh. Was this meant to be ironic? I don't remember where you're from, so don't know whether "short bus" has the same connotations where you live than it does here...

EDIT: also, I want to be able to afford this: http://www.amazon.ca/Handbook-Brain-The ... 383&sr=1-3
Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. (Wernher von Braun)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Dirty n Evil wrote:Things I Desire...

I desire not to be in pain every minute of every day. (I suffer from a degenerative joint condition that leaves me in anywhere from nagging unpleasantness to I'm not even going to try and get out of bed today. Pain is like Evil fuel.)
Aw, darlin'...

If I had magical kisses, I really would kiss it and make it better.
tilde wrote:
Swayambhu wrote:I want a short bus, so I can travel with a handful of my friends nationwide.
Heh. Was this meant to be ironic? I don't remember where you're from, so don't know whether "short bus" has the same connotations where you live than it does here...
Here, ridin' on the short bus usually means you're a classified "sped".

I don't need a big bus. I always thought those short buses were perfect for group-travel. :D
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Speaking of buses, VW Bus for me. And a Prowler. And a Viper on the side. And a Smart Car for the weekend drives. Lifetime supply of rum cake, iced tea, hot cocoa, and ravioli, and French toast. Uh... my Creative Zen to be fixed so I can actually list to music when I don't have my laptop... At the very least, something interesting and life-altering in it's magnitude to turn my life around, instead of just failing out of college because I don't want to be here.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Hell, I might as well shoot the moon on this one.

I want a starship.

I’m not greedy. It doesn’t have to be a big one. Even a great one. Even a heavily armed one. Something in the light transport class would be fine. 200c minimum equivalent velocity would be desirable.

I was frickin' born too early. I blame superstition. :-w
I think outside the tesseract.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I have all i desire for myself. That which i've lost, i cant get back.

I only desire happiness for my friends. To get a job, to perform well in their education, that their loved ones are happy, that their loves stop being fools, that they get through troubles and are better for it in the end.

i have no unfulfilled material desires that i can think of right now.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Retiarius wrote:Hell, I might as well shoot the moon on this one.

I want a starship.

I’m not greedy. It doesn’t have to be a big one. Even a great one. Even a heavily armed one. Something in the light transport class would be fine. 200c minimum equivalent velocity would be desirable.

Now, wanting a starship is one thing, Retiarius. But messin' with THE LAW is yet another altogether! [-x

Otherwise, I'm all with you. On the born too early thing. I want to live in the future. Not just the near future. The real one. The one they keep telling us about...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I definately desire Kate beatons works.

i have few material object desires.

But it seems i have a lot of other types of desires.

iam sure theres SOMETHING material that i'd like.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I want a starship.

Well considering we were supposed to have flying cars by now...where's my flying car? Lying bastards X( .
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Don Alexander wrote:

I want a starship.

Now, wanting a starship is one thing, Retiarius. But messin' with THE LAW is yet another altogether! [-x

Otherwise, I'm all with you. On the born too early thing. I want to live in the future. Not just the near future. The real one. The one they keep telling us about...
Which law? Humans are good at finding ways to skirt laws, whether they are the ones they thought up themselves or those they’ve observed in nature. We’re kinda perverse that way, that’s why I still put up with us. :ymsmug:

Who are “they”? :-?
I think outside the tesseract.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I want Iron Man's armor and a real Mjollnir...

Doo do.. dodedoo.. dodedoo dodedoo... Iron Bear :ymdevil:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Retiarius wrote:Which law? Humans are good at finding ways to skirt laws, whether they are the ones they thought up themselves or those they’ve observed in nature. We’re kinda perverse that way, that’s why I still put up with us. :ymsmug: Who are “they”? :-?
Constant speed of light in vacuum... /:) At least, I interpret "200c minimum equivalent velocity" as a drive that enables hyperjumps which are equivalent to at least 200 times light speed within space-time continuum. :-B

But while your at it, might as well go for a Puppeteer Mk II Quantum Hyperdrive, that gives you 500k c equivalent velocity. ;) And a General Products Hull is a must, of course.

And by "they" I mean dead dudes who will never get to see the future... RIP Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke... :((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)