Jabber!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Jabber!

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm actually a bit disappointed I did not see this in the news. I mean, the "Back to the future" day in 2016 made the news, even if just for a short time...

I've never played Shadowrun or Earthdawn and only know a little bit about it. But I had heard the 7000 year cycle and that Magic returns to the world. And Dunkelzahn, of course. I bet he could run on "It needs a Dragon to control the Chinese Dragon."
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

To be fair, Back to the Future is just a little more universal than Shadowrun.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

A wee bit, I concur. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The more things change...

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

It's the circle of liiiiife!
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I live. ^_^
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

He lives! :O

Be it hurricane or COVID, nothing gets down the Dirty D!
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm having a little 'freak out' moment.

My partner has been allowing me to stay home so I can work on my novel. For the last two months, I've been carefully plotting, outlining, and more recently I've started writing the book. She was curious as to my progress, so I took a look myself... and started to do some calculations...

I'm at 10,351 words of my first draft and I'm half way through the 1st chapter. I have 13 chapters planned. At this pace, the book will be around 269,000 words and roughly 558 pages long as a paperback.

(Hyperventilating noises are heard.)

That's... that's too big. Too big for a first time novelist. What have I done.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

As I understand it, when you get a publisher they will assign you an editor to work with you to pare that down a bit. So let the verbage flow. Besides 558 pages really isn't all that bad, when you start clearing 1, 000 then you've gone too far. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

10,000 words? I do that in a day. :P

But good luck anyway!!!
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Anyone else (of the four of us :P ) having issues with logging in from the index page?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Hm, so far no, I think.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeah, whatever it was seems to have cleared up.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

To all Americans, Happy Thanksgiving! To everyone else a convivial Thursday in November. :p

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

MERRY NEW YEAR! :ymparty: