Jabber!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Jabber!

Post by Don Alexander »

Headline: "Leonardo da Vinci may have painted another 'Mona Lisa'"

I'm so tired I read "Leonardo di Caprio..." and thought: "Mad skillz, bro."
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

One time, at work, I glanced at the calendar on the fridge and it said "Bully free kids" and my mind went "...FREE kids???" like they were giving kids away for free or something.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

There was a song which sounded to me like "Looks like tomatoes" but it really was "Looks like we made it." (Actually, more like "toe-may-tehs.) ;)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I sympathize with that sort of mishearing so hard.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Yiraheerai, I actually have a book of them. It's got a cartoon of Jimi Hendrix on the cover, because in one of his songs (Purple Haze) he sings "Excuse me while I kiss this sky" but some people thought he sang "Excuse me while I kiss this guy." ;)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That one's understandable though. "Looks like tomatoes" vs "looks like we made it" sound nothing alike. That's the sort of thing I was talking about. I do it quite a bit.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

@BlairFan: I've seen that book. Back when I constantly misheard lyrics when listening to music on the radio. One example is Def Leppard's Rock of Ages. What I always heard was:
"No serenades
No Pearly Gates
Just the pyre's in the air"

It wasn't until I bought the album that I learned it was actually:
"No serenades
No fire brigade
Just the pyromania"
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And now I have that song stuck in my head! :P

I always thought it was "fire brigades." Well, close enough.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

@DA and @Azrael, I hear lyrics in Def Leppard songs that are way off their real lyric often, so I think there's something about their singing.
(Azrael, I bet your favorite DL song is "Nine Lives" ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

@BlairFan: Yeah, they're BRITISH! :P
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Today, Monday is Celebrate Bisexuality Day. Wikipedia has an article connected to its front page. Let's be sex positive, not sex negative, and treat everyone with respect.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

In other words: FUCK IT ALL!!!
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

@DA, well, that too. ;)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my neighbors to the North. :ymparty:

And a very happy Indigenous Peoples Resistance Day to everyone here in the U. S. :p

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

My browser screen gave me a bit of a start when I booted it up today. Right at the top was a big picture of Betty White. :| Fortunately, it was just an article about her having the Guinness' record for the longest career for a female entertainer on television at 80 years. #:-s