The Art Thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Nev

Re: The Art Thread.

Post by Nev »

Reviving this thread. Sorry. ;) It's my new years resolution to draw more stuff.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Very nice :) All three are lovely.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Very nicely done, indeed, Nev. :-bd
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I decided to try to change up my art style recently, as well as playing with more dynamic poses than I used to... The first result was a nude bust of my character Lydia Marx. I'm shocked how happy I am with it, thus...sharing. >_>
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Nice. Keep up the good work. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

*deep breath* Okay. I have started doing a comic on DeviantArt, "Res Mira". It starts here. Comments welcomed...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i will forward to seeing your art growing even more and more refined as time passes. as with all of the other web based comics i follow.

i really like your style and believe this will go places
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Thank you! ^_^ In all humility, I've seen some improvement myself in recent pages, but backgrounds remain a bit of a chore.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

TELL ME WHAT TO DRAW!

Post by 'J' »

Ok boys & girls, I've always liked to draw but over the past few years I've found myself doing it less and less and less, to the point of dwindling down to almost nothing. This displeases me.

So in an effort to kickstart my sense of inspiration and motivation, I am now taking requests.

-Would you like a portrait of yourself or a loved one? Post a selfie & I'll try & make you look good.
-Have an RPG character you'd like to see drawn? Give me a description & I'll see what I can come up with.
-Want some fan-art of your favorite character, but don't want to pay a pro for a commission? I'll do it for the low low low price of free.
-Script for a short comic-strip?
-Photograph you'd like to see drawn?
-Favorite celebrities?
-Green elephants on unicycles?
-Nothing is off the table.

Give to me your ideas!

All fulfilled requests will be posted to my Imgur page, which has until now been sadly neglected.

That said, I feel I must give one brief disclaimer: No Promises! Some people are going to get 60-second sketches, and some people are going to get fully inked and colored drawings, and some requests are going to get ignored. Which ones I do and how much time/energy I spend doing them depends entirely on how inspired I am by the requests, and whether posting them would get me banned or arrested.
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Lynx lamb pulling a sleigh ridden by a fox

references!

http://imgur.com/a/jgGYq
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I've been sorta productive, lately. Jesus, though, I really need to work on characters looking to their right...John in the latest one and Dina in the Becky/Dina picture both look kinda scary (though Tedd and Becky in the same ones look good).

(And 'J', I wouldn't mind seeing one of my original characters in another style.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Tenjen wrote:Lynx lamb pulling a sleigh ridden by a fox

references!

http://imgur.com/a/jgGYq
i r slow

http://imgur.com/gallery/3PqzkvU
Kamino Neko wrote:(And 'J', I wouldn't mind seeing one of my original characters in another style.)
there's somebody from another forum in line ahead of you. but in the meantime, it'd help me if you could post some direct links to the characters you'd like to see done.
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Thank you :D!

whats that by the foxes ear btw
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I got the feeling it WAS the ear. Now mush!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Yeah, I'm not 100% happy with how the line-work turned out. I'd hoped it would be a bit more clear that that particular fox just happens to have a cool cyborg-ear.
Yet still, I live...