The Art Thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

The Art Thread.

Post by Bear »

Here by semi-popular demand, the place for all you artist to show off your work that isn't Fan-Art related is finally here... The Art Thread! Yet another place to show off your creativity... Sponsored by Bear-Inc.

PS. Remember out Teen 16+ rating when posting! Try to keep it relatively clean.

And to start us off... heres some of mine.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Art Thread.

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow!!! You have talent, beary-mod!!

So the immediate question is... Who's the model? ;)

Alas, I'll not be frequenting this thread except as a lurker anymore... I can't draw worth shit... :((
Last edited by Don Alexander on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

She's an old friend of mine... and yes, 'just' a friend. I'd show more off but since some of them are newdz, the models don't want them flashing about. :ymdevil: I really need to get back into the habit of drawing.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

I don't know. Seems to me that if you pose for them, you should expect them to be published. Hell, the only reason there are no nude sketches of me online is because the artist doesn't feel confident enough in herself. Which I think is malarchy. X(
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:She's an old friend of mine... and yes, 'just' a friend. I'd show more off but since some of them are newdz, the models don't want them flashing about. :ymdevil: I really need to get back into the habit of drawing.
Well, you surprise us every day, beary-mod. Though "I really need to get back into the habit of drawing." has a nice double meaning in the light of nude drawings... ;)

@Pneu:

Nude sketches of self
None seen on the internet
World still revolves. Whew.

:D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

As someone who has been shot naked (I think I mentioned my photographer ex somewhere?), there's a line between them being their image to publish wherever (fucking release forms) or publishing them in an artistic community/ exhibition/ portfolio etc. I'd be miffed if they showed up on a forum, but I wouldn't mind the other three.
As a model you don't get the right to choose, but as the artist you can exercise discretion. :)

What am I saying? I want to see the nudes!
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:@Pneu:

Nude sketches of self
None seen on the internet
World still revolves. Whew.

:D
Attempted haiku.
Failure to communicate.
Very bad style. Snap.

=;

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hey hey.. move the haiku's to The Bards corner people, we don't need them cluttering up my nice new Art thread. /:)

And maybe I'll post some more if someone else puts in their own additions first. ;)

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

oh Bear, I love your drawings! X3

Well, heeeeeeere is a picture I actually colored! Over all there are alot of things that need improvement but I am absurdly pleased with the way the flames turned out so, you know, ignore everything but those, okay?
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

There were items in the pictures other then the flames? :-o ;) . I like it, for some reason it reminded me of the old 80's Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.

And thanks for the compliments :D

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

:ymsick:

I'm lazy, too lazy, in fact to even bother finishing "cleaning up" this fan-pic *sigh* ---also, it is so reassuring to view one of Dryopes artwork. :x :ymblushing: :ympray: :ymhug: =p~ :ymapplause: @-)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

oni wrote::ymsick:
I'm lazy, too lazy, in fact to even bother finishing "cleaning up" this fan-pic *sigh* ---also, it is so reassuring to view one of Dryopes artwork. :x :ymblushing: :ympray: :ymhug: =p~ :ymapplause: @-)
Huh?? :-\ :-\ :-\ This actually does look like fan-art...
ImageImage

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Yeah, oni. Keep the fanart in the fanart thread. (/sarcasm)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I don't really draw.

I can, sort of, but never seriously.

I usually only do it when I'm really bored.

Like when I did this comic:

Inspired by a friend of mine I sat next to in class several years ago. So this thing's old as all hell.
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Swayambhu wrote:I don't really draw. I can, sort of, but never seriously. I usually only do it when I'm really bored. Like when I did this comic: Inspired by a friend of mine I sat next to in class several years ago. So this thing's old as all hell.
ROFLMAO!!!!

That's actually pretty funny. I like the style. Very cute - and then OMG, THERE'S A KNIFE IN HIS HEAD!!!
ImageImage