Achievements

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: Achievements

Post by Asaryu »

I love hugs!

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Careful...I may get addicted...then Juan would get lonely on Thursdays when I'm here hugging instead of with him.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Hugs Asaryu* :ymhug:

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

*wins*
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well here is an achievement we can all celebrate as a forum.... We've got above 10,000 posts over all 166 topics we have posted. :D :ymparty:

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

I'm a bit of an underachiever, heheh. Um, let's see...

1988 Western Open (chess). 34th out of 111. Doesn't sound like much, but there it is.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

stephaielikes wrote:My current partner spent a year repeatedly trying to kill himself... I had a hand in prevention many a time over it. It wasn't very pleasant (somewhat an understatement) and terrified me for a good long while. There's nothing to make you feel hopeless like a loved one wanting to move away not only from you, but from themselves.
O... M... G... :|
And... You told us you had Asperger's, and could not feel other people's moods, IIRC?? That does not go well at all with someone who is suicidal...
But I hope "spent a year" means that it is past and you saved him... #:-s

Asaryu... Again, speechless. WTF is that about your whole family trying to kill you???? :-o :ymsick:

You are a grand example to us all. That one can have a bad life for a long time, and still come out of it a good person. And let me tell you, from what I've read in your posts so far, you are a very good person. One of the best I've ever met. I seem to recall you wrote in another post that you are not a saint (concerning your BF's headaches and sex), but I'd say we need to reconsider that. For you are clearly a much better person than I am... :-s

So: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

@T2B: In case you are still talking with me ;) congratulations too!!! That with the story sounds really cool. do you do role-playing. I think you'd make a good DM! :D

@NobodySpecial: Well, you are NobodySpecial, after all. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:I don't do role-playing. My life is quite centred around studies, sadly. And it would probably have caused me problems with my ex If I've tried.
Why?? Don't tell me he was, ahem, how to put this tactfully, very religious and would have seen that as sin... :-s
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Don Alexander wrote: And... You told us you had Asperger's, and could not feel other people's moods, IIRC?? That does not go well at all with someone who is suicidal...
Didn't know that one. I have that. I was diagnosed after two days of IQ and psych testing at Deakin University, at the end of which the shrinkologist said it was actually pretty obvious from the moment I walked in. Doesn't bother me much though. They also scored me in the "awesome" range. :P
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:
Don Alexander wrote: And... You told us you had Asperger's, and could not feel other people's moods, IIRC?? That does not go well at all with someone who is suicidal...
Didn't know that one. I have that. I was diagnosed after two days of IQ and psych testing at Deakin University, at the end of which the shrinkologist said it was actually pretty obvious from the moment I walked in. Doesn't bother me much though. They also scored me in the "awesome" range. :P
Looking at your nerd stats, you obviously excell in a lot of areas...

(So, again, what about that Head Technologist position in the Elder Cave??) ;)
ImageImage

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Don Alexander wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:
Looking at your nerd stats, you obviously excell in a lot of areas...

(So, again, what about that Head Technologist position in the Elder Cave??) ;)
Does it require adding it to my sig then?
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:Does it require adding it to my sig then?
Well, if possible, this would be very cool. My sig also contains still the quote I started with, as well as my Elder Balcony Cred. ;)
Teacher2B wrote:No, luckily. But he would have probably think me to be crazier than I am :D . Role-playing is something quite new here, and many people still look those who play with bad eyes. Now is being a bit more accepted, as some magazines and newspapers have written articles about RP and people isgetting to know more about it.
Crazy is good!! :ymhug: Storm the barn!! And you need more ~o) , your English is getting a little whonkerjawed (I :x that word! My mom always uses it. I've never put it in print before...). ;)

Edit: Wow, it only took two hours to catch up... #-o Breakfast now.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

How you think I feel when I've got to catch up with every single post in the mornings to make sure your all behaving? /:)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:How you think I feel when I've got to catch up with every single post in the mornings to make sure your all behaving? /:)
Hungry?? :ymdevil:

*flees the ban hammer and the hungry bear*
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Test out Mjolnir Ban-Hammer mod and sends hammer flying after Don*.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:*Test out Mjolnir Ban-Hammer mod and sends hammer flying after Don*.
*Catches Ban Hammer without even looking, then ads second l to it to make it the Mjollnir Ban Hammer, and tells everyone that in Old Norse and Icelandic, ll is pronounced tl, so it's actually the Mjotlnir Ban Hammer*

Now that's an achievement.

@T2B: And we are pround of you!!! :ymhug:

If we allow study-related things, I might actually have some achievements to brag about.
ImageImage