Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Ask a question!

Post by Don Alexander »

Swayambhu wrote:Well, I've had good dates. Just...you know, it's the person that disinterested me.
What interests you in a person?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Swayambhu wrote:Well, I've had good dates. Just...you know, it's the person that disinterested me.
Yeah, I've had good dates. But I've never really had a good experience dating. They mostly ended up being nonconstructive - no beneficial outcomes.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Don Alexander wrote:
Oh, anyone, really. I'm all for diversity. It's just a matter of "clicking" for me.

I do have someone right now that's not a date or anything -- just a very close companion -- who I know has some very strong feelings for me right now, whether he admits it or not. And it hasn't been my body that he's been after, because we worked together for nearly a year, and I dress and look my worst when I work so that I don't have to deal with the shallows.

Except I'm cautious of him right now because of his past and his past relationships. He doesn't talk a whole lot, either, and he seems to bottle up a lot of stuff, so there's a lot about him I don't know just yet.

Even if I do get to know him better, he'll likely just stay as he is now -- a close companion, because to be frank, he's already getting on my nerves with his constant need to be near me.

Bless his heart though, he's so kind to me. I just don't like to be crowded or smothered, and I don't think he comprehends that of me just yet.
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Swayambhu wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:
Oh, anyone, really. I'm all for diversity. It's just a matter of "clicking" for me.

I do have someone right now that's not a date or anything -- just a very close companion -- who I know has some very strong feelings for me right now, whether he admits it or not. And it hasn't been my body that he's been after, because we worked together for nearly a year, and I dress and look my worst when I work so that I don't have to deal with the shallows.

Except I'm cautious of him right now because of his past and his past relationships. He doesn't talk a whole lot, either, and he seems to bottle up a lot of stuff, so there's a lot about him I don't know just yet.

Even if I do get to know him better, he'll likely just stay as he is now -- a close companion, because to be frank, he's already getting on my nerves with his constant need to be near me.

Bless his heart though, he's so kind to me. I just don't like to be crowded or smothered, and I don't think he comprehends that of me just yet.
It's always easier to tell the passing stranger than the person who needs to know...

Good night, m'lady!

*bows, flourishes, exits*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I'm sure I can ease things up eventually. Just have to figure out how to do it without being a big fat booger about it. :(
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Swayambhu wrote:When I was little, I never walked flat on my feet. Always on the ends. Everyone thought I was weird for it, but it was actually just more comfortable for me to walk that way.
Actually, I know a guy like that. It does stress the knees a bit more, though by stress from constant soft tissue use instead of impact. You probably have some pretty developed calf muscles from it though, and good balance. My knees are pretty much shot (and I just turned 20 yesterday) and my ankles don't work right, mostly because of the tightness of my leg muscles. Makes me a bit ding toed if I'm not wearing my orthopedic inserts... which doesn't help with the balance. I roll my ankles a lot for no reason at all... #-o
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

@everyone - Which sports do you/have you ever played, at what level, and at what age?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Swayambhu wrote:
And in all honesty, I actually prefer meeting someone through the internet and dating them that way. Which might sound dangerous or yucky to some of you guys, but I've been doing it long enough to where I know what I'm doing.
Careful! you'll get all sorts of offers if you say that!

I'd ask myself But then i dont know if i actually am thinking to do it, or just doing my ussual thought process where i always consider all possible scenarios, veiws, angles. outcomes and opinions on a criterion/subject matter. I wouldnt rush it or anything either. Let it flow as it would. There i go thinking too much again. Think nothing of it.

Hope that companion of yours fixes his act up. he reminds me of a colleague who really liked/loved Stephires best friend Cassandra. He never opened up and didnt take initiative or action to make it work, hell even to get it started or indicate.
Tenjen - Why a lynx?
its my spirit Animal. The totem of a lynx matches the person i am. Stephire and me found it out. And we were both literally freaked out by just how every aspect of the lynx totem seemed like they were talking about me. Like they looked at my life and wrote it out. Nearly biographical. I didnt even know such a thing existed till a few years ago. I've been ignoring it, but each time i run into it again, i realise that all my choices, my thoughts and my persona and life essence seem to match with this Lynx Totem.

Here.

http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/LynxTotem.html

I dont like posting details about the Lynx Totem on a public forum. It reveals much too many personal details about my life and who i am. My apologies if i get rid of this. I'd rather post nudes in comparison.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Phoenix wrote: @everyone - Which sports do you/have you ever played, at what level, and at what age?
Squash: When I was a teenager I was training for the state representative squad until I rolled an ankle.

Football (soccer), cricket, karate, Australian Rules football, all just local kiddy sports. Except for karate, in which we actually got a bit serious and had instruction from this little Yoda guy from Japan, the head of the school.

Horse riding, I did that a lot growing up, and did a bunch of local competitions.

In the navy I played rugby and volleyball just for fun and games.
Last edited by Scaramouche on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Phoenix wrote:@everyone - Which sports do you/have you ever played, at what level, and at what age?
Sports? Me? =))
I sport a flabby tummy, yeah... :(

Well, since I guess that "sports" does not totally imply physically strenous activity, but anything that implies organized competition...

I played Magic: The Gathering for some years at small tournament level in the mid- to late nineties. Never made it very far, though. One a single tournament. But the last match was legend. Two library burners... We were both down to a few cards. He lays down a Millstone. I'm in shock, look down, see I have UU - and blast it with a Counterspell. He concedes.

I win a mangy Skull of Orm. :((
ImageImage

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

My little brother and I played MTG for a few years. Against each other, at card shops, a university tournament, stuff like that. My brother got really annoyed that I kept getting my hands on great cards by luck.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:My little brother and I played MTG for a few years. Against each other, at card shops, a university tournament, stuff like that. My brother got really annoyed that I kept getting my hands on great cards by luck.
Then you approached deck building the wrong way. \:D/

But of course, for casual play, where you pack the Leviathan because Mark Tedin's picture is so awesome, yeah.

Magic... :ymdaydream:

If you people don't stop, I'm going to be forced to go and get myself a booster of the newest edition just to relive that feeling of anticipation when I carefully open up the package... :x

Oh, that Christmas when I managed to secure the last two Alliances displays in the whole city for myself... :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream:

God, I feel like a dryed-out alcoholic discussing favorite alcoholic beverages with casual drinkers... =))
ImageImage

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

No, I mean I'd acquire good new cards by luck. After a day of games at my brother's university, some dude asked if we could swap a couple of cards, and I chose one of his based on the cool picture. Then my brother, annoyed, iinformed me it was some early series dragon of uber-mojo. I'd buy a booster pack and get an obscenely rare card. Stuff like that.

As for building decks... I had a cool deck which involved turning all lands in play into swamps (I forget the card names), then a creature or something which gained power/toughness equal to the number of swamps in play, and another card gave it swampwalk or something so it couldn't be blocked. I think there were some other bonuses, but I forget what they were. Simple deck, too.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:No, I mean I'd acquire good new cards by luck. After a day of games at my brother's university, some dude asked if we could swap a couple of cards, and I chose one of his based on the cool picture. Then my brother, annoyed, iinformed me it was some early series dragon of uber-mojo. I'd buy a booster pack and get an obscenely rare card. Stuff like that.
Ah, that luck. Never had that. Knew a guy who had it. He stole a Star Wars booster package, and drew Darth Vader. Who was worth a hundred bucks back then.

And I think you mean Shivan Dragon! :x
Scaramouche wrote:As for building decks... I had a cool deck which involved turning all lands in play into swamps (I forget the card names), then a creature or something which gained power/toughness equal to the number of swamps in play, and another card gave it swampwalk or something so it couldn't be blocked. I think there were some other bonuses, but I forget what they were. Simple deck, too.
All lands into swamps. That would be Blanket of Night. And your creature was proably the Nightmare. (Awesome pic, that one!)

Hm, we seem to have created a tangent here... :-s

So... Question @peppercat: Where did you disappear to?? Here, kitty kitty!
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i played football [meh]and rugby [rawr] on occasion

i love playing badminton, i get to play with my cousin when i go to india sometimes, and i got to play lots with steph. But you know can guess i dont get to play that much anymore.

SO few people interested in playing it here. They're all so boring and 2 dimensional. Then again maybe iam just used to being surrounded by freaks [looks around the forum and smiles*] that "normal" {see "bland" under oxford dictionary} are just so horrendously mind numbing to be around now.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?