Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Ask a question!

Post by Radbaron »

Remove Norton Antivirus.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I did that long ago, thanks :P
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

malcolm34

Is hiveworks the only popular webcomic hosting site

Post by malcolm34 »

You know i been thinking with comicgenesis,keenspots,SmackJeeves (which is probably a site for rookie webcomic writers and artist),comic rocket,comicfury and even Hiveworks the only webcomic hosting sites left and with most of them such as inkblazers ,comicspace and webcomicsnation are now defunct,I even think that most popular webcomics and webcomic artist use hiveworks which leaves me one question Is hiveworks the only popular webcomic hosting site in the world even for popular webcomics as in the 'google' of webcomics ?

Merged here. The DAMNed

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

There's also Blind Ferret, Collective of Heroes, Darkbrain (VERY NSFW). And a host of comics not affiliated with any group. Closest thing to a Google of webcomics I know of is TWC.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A couple databases of webcomics:

The Webcomic List

Top Webcomics

Go Comics for Newspaper type comics.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

On TopWebcomics.com, number 95 is Menage a Trois!
:)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I have a serious question.

What is the American Right seeing in Donald Trump? To me, he seems to be a worse idiot than George W. Bush.

:-\ :-\ :-\
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

They see in him the fulfillment of everything the conservatives in this country embody. He is their policies incarnate. The fact that he even sounds stupid to the Republican establishment is purely coincidental I'm sure...
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don,

In the US, the Right has relied heavily on "dog whistle" politics for about thirty years now. That is, they use coded phrases which are designed to attack the legitimacy of certain groups. This way they can avoid being called, say, racist while at the same time advancing racist ideologies. Things like "Welfare Queen" is designed to attack both the idea of a social safety net and Blacks, who are culturally seen as being lazy. Never mind the reality that there were never a lot of such people, and simply doing investigations into who was using what funds and how they were doing so would have netted them for fraud.

Trump has abandoned the use of the coded phrases and is literally telling the Right what they want to hear- which is some of the stupidest and most idiotic plans imaginable. Unfortunately, thirty years of code phrases and bad policy statements has created a situation where the Right would vote for someone who would, quite literally, destroy the country within a day.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Can anyone help me figure out what is making ordering stuff for my CI so horrible? I go to log into the store and in Chrome, it gives me this. I downloaded FIrefox specifically to see if it was the browser. It did the same thing. When I go to the frankenbrowser that Microsoft cobbled up after the disaster of Internet Explorer, it does this.

Anyone know what could help? Actual site is here

I'm tearing my hair out. ~X(
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

yeah its not appearing coherently on my firefox either

on the main page i get this
Gone

Access to the requested URI has been blocked by the URL Firewall.

If you believe that you have reached this page while performing valid operations within the application, please send mail to ohs_admin@cochlear.com explaining what you were doing when you got this error.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I get the same with Pale Moon browser as Tenjen.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I guess I'll have to mail them then. I wasn't getting the part with the e-mail. As far as I could tell, there was no tech support. *sigh*

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: Funny Bunny Pictures!

Post by Kamino Neko »

Don Alexander wrote:Why would you want to go there? It's four ice giants wayyyy far out from there star. :P
Jotunn will keep you from going to a place? Bigot!

This and following posts moved here as it was really going off topic in FBP. The DAMNed
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Funny Bunny Pictures!

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:Why would you want to go there? It's four ice giants wayyyy far out from there star. :P

But, yeah, that's a swell animation. Looks like that system has been observed very regularly.
For some reason, I couldn't figure out what Jotun had to do with this...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"