Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Commentary

Re: Ask a question!

Post by Commentary »

I was wondering.
Since this features mature comics, is it possible to feature artistic nudes or attempts at drawing nudes?
Just looking for a place for encouragement and people to help me find sources.
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

shouldn't be a problem, just post a NSFW notice and put the picture behind the Hiddenspoiler. That's what we do in the "People we find attractive" Thread anyway.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

There's a guide for what's suitable in the NSFW department in the Rules.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And just to make it official:

Breasts as well as full rear nudity are allowed (assuming you put it behind a hidden spoiler like Adamas said), full frontal and genitals are NOT allowed. Orient yourself according to the Ma3 comic.

Details: What yira said.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

Well Im looking for things like this:
http://tinyurl.com/nndn8rl
It tsfw nudity.
Just figures displaying power or imply power.

Help?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

That should be fine without the spoiler, but better to ask or at least put it behind the tag first if your unsure. :-bd
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

No Im looking for theme described.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

♪Give me problems, give me troubles, give me woes woes woes ♪

So my computer was acting weird last night. I was playing a game and it was going super slow- and not just from the game, EVERYTHING was super slow. I went "Ah crap, I bet I got something." Hurry to the antivirus of choice- avast!

Lo and behold, it did freeze at 97% complete. I did a hard reboot of the computer and everything was fine. I tried to scan again and the same thing happened. I took to Facebook and got names of other programs to use. All of them froze.

Now what?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I had a program called "Stinger" a long time ago. You would put the disk in , reboot, and it would search and destroy at the root level for viruses (virii?)

Can't find it now, or I would /dcc send it to you

Edit... ahh, there it is! (This may or may not work)

http://www.mcafee.com/ca/downloads/free ... inger.aspx
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Yeah, I remember Stinger. Too bad McAfee got it,

For the really tough nasties, I recommend going to a clean machine, downloading Kaspersky's Rescue Disk 10 (this is a direct link to the download). This is an ISO image file you can then burn to a CD using a program like ImgBurn (download link from MajorGeeks), then boot from it. This way, no virus or rootkit has ANY chance of loading or stopping the program, as it boots completely from the CD. You can connect to your wireless network (if necessary), update its virus definitions, scan and destroy the nasties, then exit and reboot. It does take longer than other programs but it can remove stuff no other program can get. I would then run other anti-malware programs to bayonet the survivors. Good ones include MalwareBytes' AntiMalware, SuperAntispyware, and Spybot Search and Destroy. Some of these also have rootkit killers.
I think outside the tesseract.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I think I found the problem but not before some damage was done. And the program's still in there, as far as I can tell. Here's what I put on FB
Okay, so.. it's still freezing when I try to do a scan even though it says there are no problems up until that point. The Control Panel > Programs is acting weird, too. Usually it lets you decide to add or uninstall things but now it's only showing to uninstall/change certain programs. No AIM, no Adobe, no iTunes, none of that is showing up.
I'm done for now. I've been talking about getting a new one with Financial Aid money since, you know, my classes are ONLINE, it's kind of important. Might take it to a computer shop and see what they say. I've already tried a system restore and that... did nothing. Just.. I need a breather.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

yeah i managed to somehow get some malware on my computer. some advert things called fortune and >insert name here when it pops up next<.

nothing supposedly malicious but causes pop ups
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*Thread necromancy no jutsu!*

..Holy crap I can do magic O_O;

*Ahem* But seriously, anyone have tips or tricks for when your computer decides it's low on memory? I haven't even had this laptop for a year yet and I got a message saying it was low while I was trying to scan for viruses. It's been running suspiciously slow, especially when I try to play Bejewled on Facebook. I've cleaned up the browser and ran a disk clean up. Not sure if I should defrag or not but since I need to stop getting distracted and actually work on the pile of "finals" work my prof has given me, I'll probably end up doing it anyway.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Well, Windows? Restarting tends to help reset. Make sure there's no malware. I tend to check on what processes are using the most memory at work, because it sucks and I need several large programs running. Ad blockers help immensely for browser related activity. Like ridiculously so.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Got some tech help via PM. :) I will keep those things in mind, mik. Thanks.