Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Gil Hamilton

French Language Help

Post by Gil Hamilton »

For an art project for my wife, I'd like to put in the title of the work in French as well as English. However, I don't trust free online translators to do this well, so I'm requesting help from an actual speaker, which this forum seems to have several.

The title is "The Adventures of Meghan and Her Magnificent Space Cats".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Merged here. The DAMNed

albert.aribaud

Re: Ask a question!

Post by albert.aribaud »

That would translate in French as Les aventures de Meghan et de ses magnifiques Chats de l'Espace.

Lucky you, not a single accented letter. :)

Note: I did capitalize "Chats" and "Espace" because "Space Cats" sounded like a team name. If that was actually a species name, only "Espace" should be capitalized... unless of course the whole title is in capitals.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Thanks a ton!

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Ce fut un plaisir. :)
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

ccx

FOSDEM 2014

Post by ccx »

Hello forum. I wondered if there are more comic-geeks going to the awesome computer-geek convention that happens in Brussels first weekend of the next month. Would love to stay for a bit this time, perhaps visit the Belgian Comic Strip Center (group discount anyone? :) yes MA3 is at fault for this idea).
Also of note is that's where our great Chloe of GGaR lives, could not get in touch with her though to see if she'd be up for a fan meetup about that time.

Soo… anybody coming? :)

Merged here. The DAMNed

Commentary

I must know

Post by Commentary »

There is a question that been keeping me up for nights and weeks.

Who would win in a war?

alien vs flood vs necromorphs vs zerg vs borg?
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

If you really MUST know, the answer is NO, you are not allowed to make a new thread to pose a single question which, erm, does not keep most people up for nights and weeks. :| Also, yes, that's in the forum rules.

The DAMNed
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: I must know

Post by Artemisia »

Commentary wrote:There is a question that been keeping me up for nights and weeks.

Who would win in a war?

alien vs flood vs necromorphs vs zerg vs borg?
Necromophs?

Okay...Borg vs. Zerg? the problem for the Borg is that while they are heavily resistant to energy weapons, they are heavily vulnerable to physical damage. Given that, a flood of zerglings matched with hydralisks and roaches would probably decimate a Borg invasion within minutes. Not to mention the fact that Mutalisks would probably cut through Borg pretty quickly too.

Zerg getting old of Xenomphorph DNA would be disastrous, and yes, the Zerg would probably overrun Xenomorphs pretty quickly.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

The Borg wouldn't assimilate one or another group and take over that way?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

"http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Necromorphs"
From dead space.

No its more of a free form all.

The weakness of the borg is their need for technology.
The other dont need to get their way.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Then the answer is simple. The Zerg. Necromorphs, Borg, and Xenomorphs really are ground based and move slowly. When you're talking Zerg, you are talking the Hive Mind. Of those, only the Borg are comparable. The problem with the Borg is that they are shielded well against energy discharges, but since the Zerg are easily dispatched through physical weapons such as swords and bullets, a Zerg's claws would rip right through the Borg without flinching. While a Necromorph or Xenomoph would dispatch one or two Zerg in physical combat, Zerglings are designed to slice through quickly, neither of those are exactly fast movers. Additionally, both Necromorphs and Xenomorphs are ground-based while Mutalisks are fully air based and their glaive wurms can slice through up to three targets. Brood Lords can also shoot an unending supply of broodlings to kill a target. Add to that, roaches and hydralisks shoot targets from a distance and banelings explode spewing acid across multiple targets. Simply put, the Zerg are far more likely to win any kind of battle against any of those mentioned.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Hell, I haven't heard of half of those, but it boils down to:
Where does the fight take place?
On the ground, the Zerg are pretty damn tough, but if the Borg hold orbit, it doesn't matter. I haven't kept up on the later Starcraft games and such but I think a Borg cube could eat them all, and from there glass the planet, just by playing Drop the Rock if necessary. Space superiority counts for a lot.
I think outside the tesseract.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I have heard of all of them, but know basically nothing of them. Sci-fi has never interested me much.

Only alien race i really know anything about is the Evronians from PKNA. :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

The Zerg fly through space using genetically engineered beings called Leviathans. They carry large pods with Zerg in them, and the Zerg are able to infiltrate ships using these pods. Additionally, Corruptors are able to fly through both space and air and are designed to specifically attack anything flying.

In the end, though, it's a moot discussion.

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

Only reason I asked is screw attack didnt feature an episode on it.