Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

stephaielikes

Ask a question!

Post by stephaielikes »

I was reading the confessions thread, and pondering the idea that it's very difficult to talk about yourself unprompted.
Thus spawned my new idea; ask any question to the poster above you in this thread. You must answer honestly (unless you feel truly uncomfortable doing so), and you can revisit the thread if you wish.
Go!
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Ask a question!

Post by Don Alexander »

Okay, Steph: Do you realize how pretty you are??

(Especially the fact that you obviously need no makeup, hairdressing or clothes to accentuate it.)

Erm, so how does this work?? Do I get an answer? Or does the next person get to ask me a question??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Erm... I guess I answer, and then the next person asks Don? So skip a post and ask the last asker!

I'll avoid the question itself, point out your inclusion of the word 'clothes' and let you flounder a bit!
No, in all honesty, I know I'm not unnattractive, but I find most people prettier than me; there are some very beautiful women on here.
'...was that... Doom?'

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Don: Favorite alcoholic drink? Kind of lame, I know. Sorry.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Lilianna wrote:Don: Favorite alcoholic drink? Kind of lame, I know. Sorry.
Hm. I'd have to say Bailey's. Though I will keep my mind open for really, really good white wines. I had a 1976 once which was awesome, and I know they can get even better.

Though I don't drink much.

Edit: @Steph: With the "clothes" thing, I actually meant special stuff, like, I dunno, deep cleavage, tight stuff, etc. I meant that you look great even in a totally normal T-Shirt or pullover or whatever.

Edit #2 at coming home: What, no question for Lili?? Come on people. Your chance!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

I feel unloved, now. I'm kidding, really.

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Can I cheat and dive right in again already? I have questions!
What is your pet hate?
'...was that... Doom?'

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Is that like a pet peeve but worse?

Definitely people who cannot ever seem to admit they are wrong. Especially when they go to great lengths to prove that you, in fact, are correct and they are wrong, then claim that what you said was what they meant the entire time.

God I hate my classmates.

FSU Class of 2014!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Lilianna wrote:God I hate my classmates.
:))

Tell them you are now part of this absolutely awesome web community. ;)

Okay, I'll continue to cheat and fire at steph:

What is the most beautiful/prettiest/coolest city/town/village you have ever seen?

Edit on the answer: Beautiful picture. And cool that you are now in exactly that place. This May, I passed, by train, Como, in Italy, north of Milan in the Alps. Immediately fell in love with it.
Last edited by Don Alexander on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Oxford.
'...was that... Doom?'

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

@ Steph: Which do you prefer to live in; North or South? And why?
@ DA: If you drew for Sunday At Ten, what would you change? :P

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

North by far! Although my favourite place is in the south, the south is missing several things;
-Holland's.
-Chips with gravy.
-People talking to strangers on public transport.
-Saying 'ecky thump'.
-Decent water for a good cup of tea!

Phoenix... what made you choose that as your name?
'...was that... Doom?'

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Chips+gravy is groovy. So were the Goodies.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Phoenix wrote:@ Steph: Which do you prefer to live in; North or South? And why?
I don't think you're allowed to ask her a question now. ;)
Phoenix wrote: @ DA: If you drew for Sunday At Ten, what would you change? :P
:))

That's an awesome question!!

Let's see.

I would reinstate the pinups. Don always drew awesome pinups when Wes had no ideas. This one is my fave.

Otherwise, very little. as you actually asked me what I would do if I drew - not what I'd do if I wrote it.

And I think Jenn and especially Tress ( :x ) are perfect as they are now.

Okay, people, time to shoot a question at phoenix. (Like why he won't enter the contest... :ymdevil: )

Edit: Hey, this is dissolving already. :-l Down, Scaramouche!

Edit #2 at phoenix's post below. Yeah, I totally dig Tress (except for the kitten-nomming part). Not only is she incredibly sexy, she is also a very sympathetic mix of evil and good - kinda like DnE. My absolute fave story arc is the band contest, and her smile in the last panel of the conclusion is pure Gold. I also find her naivité in many things human to somehow be endearing. All this despite her being a Gorgon, a monster from another world...

Edit #3: Just in case someone is interested... How I got my username. Well, the second part actually is my given name. My actual first name (yeah, it's weird...) starts with the initial D. This name was almost unknown to everyone, and I almost completely ignored it. Until I started writing scientific articles, and there, it just looks cooler of you have more initials. B-) Soon afterward, an Italian colleague asked me what the D. stood for (he just knew me as Alex), and immediately joked I was Don Alexander. That stuck. Otherwise, I've never had a nickname.
Last edited by Don Alexander on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

stephaielikes wrote:Phoenix... what made you choose that as your name?
I got called in for a bit (still do sometimes) IRL, because I used to constantly wear the Lynx fragrance 'Phoenix'. I kinda liked it, so didn't discourage it, and it kinda stuck. It's easing off a bit now, but my first 2 years of uni, I got called little else. Made sense to just choose the username as a result (I've had the username since I was younger than I was called it, but that's simply because I liked mythical creatures and "dragon" was often taken on forums. Yeah, I know it's lame, but what 12 year old isn't? :P )

Nice answer Don. I intentionally said "drew", not "wrote", btw :) Interesting that you like Tress so much.

I was unsure which of you I was inteded to ask a question of :)

I'm waiting! :D