D&D anyone? (:

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Scaramouche

Re: D&D anyone? (:

Post by Scaramouche »

I don't get the orange reference.

I just remembered, we found the bag in the loot at the hydra cave (because hydras have magic bags), figured it out instantly, and then did the hydra poo thing.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:I don't get the orange reference.
Awww. :(

Here.
"He carries a seemingly empty rucksack, though he continually pulls oranges (or apples) from it."
After several novels, it's revealed that there's a portal at the bottom of the rucksack. The other end of the portal is in the warehouse of a fruit merchant.
"Want an orange?" is Nakor's iconic line, which he especially uses when the situation is really nasty.
The link is that hs rucksack once fell into the ocean. By the time he had recovered it, the merchant's warehouse had been flooded by a mysterious geysir of sea water... No oranges for several weeks. ;)
Nakor rules. B-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Story:
So..our group of adventurers find ourselves in a little town. Not much happening, so we drink the night away and wake up the next morning..as members (Conscripted via knock-out drugs in our last drinks) of the Ketchen Foreign Legion. All our stuff is back at the inn and we need to get back to it..but we're wearing uniforms now - so we might as well have fun with it. On a patrol, one of our members has the lead. He gets ambushed by a few Orcs, leaps off his horse and runs back to the group. When the captain asks what happens, he says that his horse was shot out from under him and he had to escape from the horde of Orcs so he ran back.

Well..the group decides to set up an ambush for this horde, so we track them back to their camp. The problem is that there are only 4 Orcs there and buddy's horse is standing on the edge of the woods..healthy and hale. So much for that story, eh. So...buddy pays two of the crossbowmen to kill his horse in the first volley..so that he isn't proven a liar in front of the captain (who isn't there for the raid).

The signal is given for the ambush to start. With a roar, we rush out of the woods towards the Orcs, thiking that we've got 'cover' - only to see two crossbow bolts fly over the orcs heads and into the horse. Voila! One dead horse. The Orcs were surprised as were we... although we continued the attack, our table of players was just pissing themselves at the 'great horse assassination. "D
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

I love it. Doing truly stupid stuff is where the fun is in gaming.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:I love it. Doing truly stupid stuff is where the fun is in gaming.
We me being the Dungeon Master most of the times, the players can become quite frustrating, though. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

It's not D&D, but it's something I feel needs to be mentioned: Earthdawn rocks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Scaramouche wrote:It's not D&D, but it's something I feel needs to be mentioned: Earthdawn rocks.
Never played it. And this isn't meant to be a D&D-only thread. Some people just... don't know anything else... :-=
ImageImage

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Well, this weekend, I start the 4E D&D campaign. I'll see what I can do about keeping a narative up for it =)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Scaramouche wrote:It's not D&D, but it's something I feel needs to be mentioned: Earthdawn rocks.
Earthdawn is the best of the FASA games, but I never liked the FASA games - they're not bad games, mind, I just don't like their style.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy is blowing me away, though. One of the best new(ish) games I've ever played. Indeed, I have my first online game of it tomorrow.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well managed to *ahem* Aquire myself the 4th edition .pdfs of the 3 core 4th edition books. Looks interesting so far. I like the Dragonborn :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Well managed to *ahem* Aquire myself the 4th edition .pdfs of the 3 core 4th edition books. Looks interesting so far. I like the Dragonborn :D
Our mod, the glowing example to us all. ;)
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yes... A virtuous example of a Paladin, liberating knowledge for the masses from the dark hordes of the Gygax estate... he doesn't need the money anymore. /:)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:Yes... A virtuous example of a Paladin, liberating knowledge from the masses of the dark hordes of the Gygax estate... he doesn't need the money anymore. /:)
Too soon. =;
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Oh fine... I can't make jokes about the uber rich... there goes the Bill Gates set...

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Bear wrote:Oh fine... I can't make jokes about the uber rich... there goes the Bill Gates set...
Well, Gygax was never, as you put it, "uber-rich". (Weren't we going to stop speaking German? :ymtongue: ) However, 4th ed I won't cry over. I have opinions on that subject that are likely unwise to share with the rest of the forum, but suffice it to say I find 4th ed a disappointment.
Further affiant sayeth not.