D&D anyone? (:

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: D&D anyone? (:

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

It's been quite a while since I've posted on this thread, so let me tell you about our latest campaign. In a surprise move, Paul stepped up and said that he would buy one of the campaigns that Pathfinder puts out and run it. Paul rarely runs the games, so we were caught off guard but not upset by this turn of events as he's often a fairly good game master... it's just that he's very competitive and doesn't feel happy unless every encounter presses our characters to the brink of survivability. With this in mind, I make a decision to step outside my comfort zone and try two character classes that aren't my usual forte. I took the cleric (the least popular of all the classes between my friends) and one of the new Pathfinder classes the bloodrager - sort of a barbarian with a little sorcerer mixed in.

Well, not only does Paul pad every encounter from the modules so they're nearly all potential TPK's (Total Party Kill) if not for my cleric who's main role is to stand in the middle of the fight like a divine fountain of healing energy and nothing else (it's the only way we live through each fight)... but it quickly become apparent that for once this is an adventure where the encounters are prepared where the melee fighters truly are your ineffective meat shields while the ranged combatants are the most vital in the majority of encounters. I'm besides myself, all the times that I've wanted to play that more finesse and ranged attacker or spell throwing mage, and NOW when I'm not running one do they finally have an important role. Gah. So, I'm playing a cleric who is constantly occupied with healing every encounter, and my bloodrager who is more often than not limited in those opponents that he can get to because they're flying, because he's surrounded and pinned in with other lackeys, etc.

Which is a shame, because otherwise I might be having more fun with the bloodrager idea I'm using for inspiration. I'm not usually the sort who is drawn to the "brute" - the character who is effective purely on the virtue that they're strong. But having some fun with it, I'm drawing strongly on 'Adventure Time', and my character is called Finn. He's not the violent raging concept... he's more of a scrappy Huckleberry Finn ideal who has the whole psyched up for a fight mentality. And like Finn the Human, he's a very good and moral individual, so I chose the celestial bloodline for him. At the very least I'm have a bit of fun with his earnest do-gooder personality instead of your usual grumbling tough guy brute.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You know, normally it's pretty cool when you are playing an adventure and suddenly you are in a scenario which reminds you strongly of a movie you know...

Well, our group just fucking landed in The Descent!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------- :(( :(( :((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

^ That was fun and actually much less dangerous than I thought.

But THIS!!!

First off, I have to say that this thread has been really neglected I miss DnE's stories. :( I also miss DnE. :( But it is very obvious I myself have been totally neglecting it, because I theoretically have a huge amount to tell.

13 months ago, when I was still in my university town (and two months before I even found out I'd be going to Spain), one player from my old group there organized a new gathering of heroes... Two highly experienced players and one newbie (at my system DSA - he's a Shadowrun player). One of the two old hands would be GM, and he'd run a relatively recent, monstrously large campaign called "Splitterdämmerung" (Twilight of the Shards) I mentioned somewhere a loong time ago that the world was shaken by the return of the greatest dark wizard of all time, and in the final battle, his seven-rayed demon crown was smashed, each demonic shard fell into the hands of powerful underlings who established their own dark kingdoms. This campaign deals with the Reconquista.

We started the first adventure, I think, early May last year. We are now FORTY sessions in and likely 15-20 away from finishing the FIRST adventure...

There's tons I could tell but I'll start with introducing the characters:

Me: Xavier de Sato. Generally a "warrior" but not of the heavy blade (and definitely not the Conan type). He wields a slim sword (Degen in German, the term is also used for épées), more elegance, less damage. Also an excellent martial artist. Black as cool and looks like Snoop Dogg. From the Horasiat. Highly arrogant.
Old Friend: Same character from the campaign I played back in 2011. Heimtreu von Hundsgrab (literally "Homefaithful from Dog's Grave" - the latter the name of his village), a young cleric of Travia, Goddess of home, hearth and marriage. Wonderful character for roleplaying, terrible character for going on adventures... Heimtreu just wants to find a wife and return to his home temple.
Experienced player: Groffelmosh, [son of (Father) and (Mother)]: Dwarven mage (VERY rare), very theoretically oriented, can do cool stuff if you order it a week before, almost useless in dire situations, socially inept, think a Mini-Me version of Drax the Destroyer.
Newbie: Moriatio Nocturnus Galandi, a young merchant, also reasonable swordsman, secretly on the path to becoming a cleric of Phex, god of thieves, trade, the moon etc. (which we do not know) Very gay and not shy about it. Upsets Heimtreu a lot. :P
GM: NPC 1: Juan, a nigromancer who is actually a quite nice guy if you get to know him. This is a player character of the GM from other adventures, added to give us a bit of a magical Swiss army knife. Also a passable swordsman.
NPC 2: Jalbin, second cleric of Travia, a character from Heimtreu's past, not to be left behind. Mostly harmless/useless.

So, right at the beginning, we save a temple from arson, and as a reward, we get a villa! :-bd Of course, turns out there's a catch, like a basement with a demonic ritual room and shit like that. Plot ensues.

Several sessions later: Our Travia clerics decide our house is way too big for us. Decide to get about 20 refugees into the house to get them out of the camps in front of the city gates (Groffelmosh is aghast). One of these is a young follower (we never figured out if he is an actual cleric or was still in training) of Boron, god of death, sleep, dreams... Guy is a serious nut job. :P Insomnia, sleepwalks, mumbles things about "We killed them all... And didn't bury them..."

About 30 or so sessions later: We somehow - don't remember the details right now - get into contact with a special cleric of the church of Praios (Boss God, Zeus/Jupiter analog, stands for Light, Truth, Antimagic). This old man (but tough as nails, was a warrior for a long time) is a Penitent (think Paul Bettany's assassin, Silas, from The Da Vinci Code), and it's thought this harsh regime will break the young man out of his shell. "My analyst whips his back bloody, but it's helping." Indeed, progress is made.

Last week: We get called to the temple and the Penitent is dead!! Strangled by someone extremely strong. The young acolyte is gone - main suspect! We quickly come to the conclusion, it has to be demonic possession. The we hear of a new prophet in town who is preaching about a new pact with death, and seems to be able to brainwash people. We figure out he is staying at a certain inn...

Last night: After we all get there, it becomes clear the proprietor is also under the prophet's spell, who is upstairs with a bunch of lackeys. After some discussion, Groffelmosch goes up. The prophet invites him and tries to dominate him. But dwarves are exceptionally resistant to being magically influenced, and this really weird discussion develops - it becomes clear the prophet is indeed serving an almost archdemonic entity. The magical attacks become stronger and finally the dwarf has to withdraw.

Further discussion ensues. Moriatio hires a vagabond outside to go to the temple of Praios and get some high-level clerics to support us. Jalbin fails a courage roll and is happy to get sent to the temple of Boron on a similar mission.

Now, I've mentioned my character is arrogant. He actually has arrogance 10, which means rolls succeed 50% of the time, which can be really dangerous. He also has wrath (or rage?) 6. So after a while, this discussion is just taking too long for him. He's usually an experienced guy with a cool head, but I decided to see what the dice say. Arrogance? 7. "Oh, I can take him, if I'm just fast enough so he can't start talking and get me under my spell." Wrath? 6 - right on. He complains loudly and states he'll go up there and take the prophet out. "No, no, no!" shouts Heimtreu. "Sir de Sato, you can't do that!" Wrath again... 1!!!! CRIT!!! "NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

I actually completely forget that this would be the perfect moment for a "Let's do this!!! LEEEEERRRRROOOOYYYY JEEENNNNKKKIIIINNNNSSSS!!!"

But that is actually exactly what happens. The other are basically "Did he just run up the stairs?"

I get in. I'm fast. The prophet just starts speaking when I ram my sword toward his heart. Roll for Initiative, Monkey Boy! Success. Attack roll? Success! And then the dude just GRABS my sword and stops it!!! o_O This was the moment when I realized I had completely forgotten about the stories we had heard last session, that this guy was inhumanly strong and shit. I managed to get my sword away but then the magical domination comes... My resistance to magic is literally 0!!! :-bd :))

I suddenly decide to sit down and listen to what this friendly young man has to say. The others arrive upstairs and the first thing Juan does is blast ME with a spell named "Hellish Agony". It takes me out but I regain my senses and the domination drops.

The following battle takes less than a MINUTE within the game, and three hours to play out. End result:

- the young Boron acolyte is dead, neck brocken by a kick that Xavier critted, fucking 20 damage!!!
- the demon that had indeed been possessing him was obliterated by a combination of multiple attacks, a brute-force magic destruction spell from the dwarf, and an exorcism by Heimtreu, all within just five seconds
- Juan had animated his shadow as a battle companion, the demon had easily snuffed it out. Juan now doesn't have a shadow anymore, a crime punishable by immediate burning at the stake, no trial needed. He managed to flee before anyone noticed and will now have to hide in his room for like two months until it grows back. Then he'll probably kill me. :P Oh, also, he has no magical powers during this time so the character is basically out of action. Which means we will have to survive without him.
- Xavier got his arm broken and fainted dead away right after the demon was vanquished. About 2/3 HP lost.
- Heimtreu was severly beaten up (again, about 2/3 HP lost) by the other brainwashed guys. Oh, two of those were killed by Juan and his shadow...
- Groffelmosch lost all of his astral energy in the final attack, two of them permanently (he can buy them back but that costs muchas XP).
- Moriatio also had to endure multiple attacks and lost about 2/3 HP. He had also fallen under the prophet's spell as well, likely a very disturbing memory.

So we actually all managed to survive, but it was a pretty close call. If even one or two of us had gone down, it likely would have been a TPK. =)) The GM was really flabbergasted: "I thought you would have approached this in a more systematic manner, planned ahead, waited for backup..." Yeah no, Xavier is an honorary Kzin: SCREAM AND LEAP!!! b-(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Speaking of neglecting threads...

So it's half a year later... And after a whooping 59 (FIFTYNINE!) evenings, we finished the FIRST adventure of this 8-part campaign.

The last few meetings were solo adventures with different characters to wrap up some personal quests which bridge the time to the sequel adventure.

Before that, late October, we wrapped up the main quest, and of course there was a climatic battle at the end, one of those things that take a minute of in-game and five hours to play/roll out. During this battle, my character became dominated and killed the high priestess of the Goddess of Love who was our main weapon... :|

In my solo, I returned to the (now deeply flooded) demonic temple where this battle had taken place, to get my weapon back (I myself had exited it - not willingly - by magical means; my comrades had pulled out my newfangled personal rapier and just tossed it away when they carried out the corpse of the priestess...), as well as some other stuff. And had visionary meetings with both the Boron guy (see post above) and the priestess...

Anyway, we started the new adventure on Monday, essentially part II following a cliffhanger revelation just after that climatic battle. A very powerful sorceress and demon-worshipper who had plunged the region into chaos nearly a decade back was supposed to be alive - and in a new body!

Now we have been contacted by basically the CIA and were told they have an informant, but this person wishes to speak to us only. We meet... her in a densely packed tavern, and she turns out to be a minor NPC from the first adventure who mainly stuck out for trying to win the heart of our Travia priest. Just before she can tell us her discovery - you known, typical - she gets shot by an assassin with a magic crossbow bolt which kills her so fucking instantly dead no magic or miracles can get her back!

I attack the assassin and follow him to the doorway, where the two agents who had brought us come too - and the guy immediately surrenders! Telling the agents he belongs to some brotherhood (my character has never heard of it) and he demands to be brought to the palace of the ruler (our main employer and also the mother of said demon princess...). The agent do NOT look happy.

We go and do a bunch of research trying to puzzle out what the now deceased lady found out, without too much success, her killers searched everything that morning already! Finally, we return to the chariots (we are on the way to the palace) and our dwarven mage is really down and our priest consoles him that justice will be served and the assassin will hang! The agents look at each other, and, feeling sickly, go to the chariot where the killer is sitting as if he had no troubles in the world, and tell him to repeat what he had said before. Again he mentions this brotherhood, and then says:

"Let me tell you what's going to happen."

BAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! I laughed so hard because I immediately recognized the quote and knew how this would play out.

BUT we stopped there. And may I mention my warrior has the crossbow and two more of those superkiller bolts?? Might do a Jack Ruby... :ymdevil:
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Me again!

So, three pieces of news!!!

#1:
Don Alexander wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:56 pm
- the young Boron acolyte is dead, neck brocken by a kick that Xavier critted, fucking 20 damage!!!
I can now totally top that!

In a fight against real bad guys a few nights back, I did a flying dropkick. In my character's martial arts, certain attacks allow a "Zat" - I do 2d6 damage, and if I roll doubles, I get to add another 2d6! And so on... also, an attack+4 allows me to change one die result by +1 or -1. I roll 2d6... 12!!!! So I reroll, and 4+3 - I change that to 4+4 and reroll... 5+2 27!!!!!!!

Just a few hours later, in-game, in a last attack wave (we were defending the queen of the country who was giving birth to her daughter in an abandonded farm!!!) I rolled an aimed attack +6. And rolled a crit! And confirmed it... And rolled a 6 on the d6!!!!! Crit means double damage, and that was THIRTYEIGHT!!!! This is a system where most people have 30 - 35 HP in total... :| I skewered the guy's larynx and the rest of the attackers just fled, soiling their pants.

#2:
Actually a bit earlier, end of march, I powered through three evenings with one of my best friends who I have been playing with for over two decades, and we finished a three-adventure campaign which we had begun in May 2015. :)

#3:
But JUST NOW!!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: I played with the guy from #2 (as GM this time), my best friend and his wife, and we finished an adventure we had begun in JANUARY 2002!!!! This adventure had already become infamous because the second session had to wait until December 2007, nearly SIX years.
We had then managed to play "reguarly" once or twice a year, reaching a total of seven sessions and "we only need one more to finish it" by April 2012... #:-s But instead of finalizing it at, say, Christmas of that year, we just never managed to meet up again.
And now, thanks to the magic of Skype, from three different places, we got it done, indeed in one last session!!!! 16.5 years, baby!!! \:d/ \:d/ \:d/

Now, where next to conquer!!! :YMDAYDREAM:
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, time to make another post in ye long-neglected thread...

While we will still be playing an epilogue on Monday, the SECOND adventure has now wrapped up with a heart-stopping finale!! 51 session so far and 217 hours of playing time...
Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 am
BUT we stopped there. And may I mention my warrior has the crossbow and two more of those superkiller bolts?? Might do a Jack Ruby... :ymdevil:
I later used this very effectively on the main antagonist of the adventure, an arrogant bastard of a black wizard (and like top henchman of the Big Baddess). He was pretty buff, but those two magic bolts nearly blew him away! He then decided to vacate the premises, and transformed himself into a huge swarm of flies - just as I was tossing a "magical grenade" (that the dwarf thaumaturge had created) against a demon... Grenade blows, and a lot of singed flies drop to the ground... We never heard from this evildoer again, although our GM did NOT want to confirm we had 100% killed him even at the end of the adventure, just saying "He will not be bothering you any longer."
Don Alexander wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:30 am
#2: Actually a bit earlier, end of March, I powered through three evenings with one of my best friends who I have been playing with for over two decades, and we finished a three-adventure campaign which we had begun in May 2015. :)
Ok, I read several of my earlier posts and then came across this and it struck me as totally weird because I had written about that May 2015 adventure in excruciating detail. :P So, yeah, this is me and my pal Lars, our "god-tier" characters, and the "Shadows over Simyala" campaign. Since then, we've played another complete adventure and are half through the next one.
Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 am
Anyway, we started the new adventure on Monday, essentially part II following a cliffhanger revelation just after that climactic battle. A very powerful sorceress and demon-worshipper who had plunged the region into chaos nearly a decade back was supposed to be alive - and in a new body!
Don Alexander wrote:
(we were defending the queen of the country who was giving birth to her daughter in an abandoned farm!!!)
Which brings me to the now... Guess who is the actual soul in the queen's body!!!! We helped give birth to the daughter of a super-evil and powerful sorceress!!! I had also mentioned "our employer" who is like the Queen Mum in this country, and mother of both said sorceress and her brother, the actual king (and husband to the queen, of course) - who for years has been right at the side of his sister whose body he decapitated! :| That's like necrophilia and incest all wrapped up in one. :| Cersei-approved.

Anyway, some sessions ago, Queen Mum returns from an alleged long journey, only to tell us she's been in the capital in hiding all along. Her agents have found out that the queen houses the evil soul and that she has now retired to exactly the place where her former body was killed, an insanctum to Belkelel, the archdemon of rape and agony (and opponent of Rahja, the goddess of love).

So we went there and kicked her ass!

Most of the (complete) adventure was actually pretty bad. It consisted of starting some research, finding out what the Big Bad was planning, then running around the country and saving multiple holy relics, which Big Bad(dess) could use in her ritual to sacrifice them and ease the summoning (think of a Satanic ritual where you burn crosses and stuff). We were highly successful at this and so now we get to this dark temple, deep underground...

Dimiona, the Heptarch, has been performing a very long and elaborate dancing ritual, the "Dance of the Seven Veils". She has abducted the actual son of the queen, and of course is surrounded by a bunch of mooks as well as two demonic creatures. In general, I thought she was underselling it, but it had to be balanced. We had our employer with us, an old lady (who is a very powerful cleric of Phex, the God of luck), as well as some expert fighters from the church of Phex. Not bad but no army.

The following battle was one of THOSE. It took about a minute in-game and we played at it for 4.5 hours!! :-T

In the end, the state was:

- Juan, the black mage our GM was playing (as I had mentioned, he's a player character from other groups, but was a pseudo-NPC here), started casting spells with his life force, and turned himself into a heap of ash. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o I mean, think Thanos finger-snap and no Time Stone available. Or, more precisely, died like being finger-snapped, but before the snap and therefore can't be brought back! Dead. Completely dead. Actually more than that, even his immortal soul has been completely shredded. In a world where a kind of heaven (and hell; afterlife in general) DOES really exist, this is the worst of fates.
- My warrior went through the entire battle not getting a single fucking scratch. Against a demon horse, I critted two times in a row and with a third attack, did like 70 damage in total and vanquished it. :D I then also one-hitted one of the mooks (admittedly already hurt) and zergrushed the evil sorceress...
- ...who was in her final, final move. She had taken off the last veil and was just opening her hand to let it fall when I grabbed veil and her hand in a death grip (this after stabbing her with my magic blade, and giving her a savage headkick, both of which she just dusted off :| ), and after that, I just hugged her tightly and did not let go anymore. (Our GM later confirmed that she was literally one second away from finishing the ritual, and then we would have been ROYALLY FUCKED!!!!)
- Queen Mum used a very powerful ritual of Phex to open a portal to a pocket dimension. She then gripped an extremely powerful dark artifact, the Shard of Belkelel (you may recall this campaign is the "Twilight of the Shards" - here's the first one!!!), and took it with her into this other dimension. Goodbye. :|
- Our own Phex cleric Moriatio managed to wind his way through enemy lines and save the young boy off the sacrificial altar. He then performed his own ritual a Blessing of Harmony, actually just a little thing but it quelled the blind rage of the sorceress and actually prevented her from calling in favors from Belkelel herself, increasing her "pact level"...
- ... while Juan's last spell caused a field of zero gravity - no gravity, no possibility for the last veil to hit the ground! ...
- ... and it was possible for me and our dwarven mage to actually talk down the sorceress, remind her that she is a mother now, tell her we know of a soulless body to which she can be transferred (so the actual queen can return to her own body), and that her soul can be saved from eternal damnation!!!!!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

Anyway, with the last four of the surviving Phex knights, we've gotten out of that black pit of hell and are now leaving in a rush. Dimiona stood at the threshold and renounced her pact with Belkelel. It was a truly powerful moment.
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander wrote:
#3:
But JUST NOW!!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: I played with the guy from #2 (as GM this time), my best friend and his wife, and we finished an adventure we had begun in JANUARY 2002!!!! This adventure had already become infamous because the second session had to wait until December 2007, nearly SIX years.
We had then managed to play "reguarly" once or twice a year, reaching a total of seven sessions and "we only need one more to finish it" by April 2012... #:-s But instead of finalizing it at, say, Christmas of that year, we just never managed to meet up again.
And now, thanks to the magic of Skype, from three different places, we got it done, indeed in one last session!!!! 16.5 years, baby!!! \:d/ \:d/ \:d/

Now, where next to conquer!!! :YMDAYDREAM:
Ah, yes, me only one posting here, ugh.

As I have mentioned this group above... Not terribly long afterward, we switched to our "god-tier" characters and started "Im Jahr des Greifen" (In the Year of the Gryphon), a large, over a year long campaign setting about the latter part of the great orc invasion of the "Middle Kingdom". It begins with a huge battle right outside the capital city which marks the turning point of the war.

We managed to play three evening until March 2019, and then it stopped again... My two friends living in northern Germany did not find any time, and starting in the fall, our GM got fully involved in renovating a house which he was moving to with his family. Even after the move, work was not finished, and he put his computer room/man cave low on the priority list... :(

But he finally got it finished around Christmas, and astonishingly, my other friends had time too, and we agreed on a session just after New Year's - so a few hours ago.

It began rather chaotic. I had been out, including my computer, and returned just in time but had to set up the comp, get some food and drink, go to the toilet... THEN I started looking for my character sheets and especially my extensive notes on the last session. I did remember a few things from March 2019, like it ending with my mage storming into a wall of zombies... And some other stuff about the battle that had begun. The two other players were clueless. They mentioned some stuff they remembered, like a big parade in the city, and us moving out with the troops and setting up camp. Yeah, yeah, that happened, but that was the end of the second session, I tell them. But even the GM tells me the battle has not begun yet!!! They label me crazy. I finally find my notes (hand-written), and of course I was correct, we are already in the middle of the battle. :ymsmug: /:) :))

So we play for two hours, nothing really to report, and the GM tells us (after the end of the battle and a mysterious message summoning us to our next task): "Well, that concludes my preparations..." Turns out he had prepared the entire battle again, having completely forgotten that we had already fought half of it.

Anyway, the main piece of news is that my friends hope to have more availability in the future and we should hopefully be able to play once a month or so.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

To post in D&D, one must actually play D&D. Unfortunately I haven't. In years now. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

And yet you posted in D&D! Bad kitty! :P
ImageImage