Server Move progress

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Kisai

Re: Server Move progress

Post by Kisai »

Sandra on the Rocks is now up (it's been up since last night, but I forgot what time it was when it started working)

Again like MA3, the dropdown is gone and the links to everything but the comic don't work other than tags.

dbartenstein

Post by dbartenstein »

Is this server move the reason why the RSS feeds have been messed up for a bit?

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Kisai wrote:Sandra on the Rocks is now up (it's been up since last night, but I forgot what time it was when it started working)

Again like MA3, the dropdown is gone and the links to everything but the comic don't work other than tags.
I've removed all the Seven Seas/Zoom Comics links since they are no longer pointing to comics.

As for why the pixietrix dropdown (upper right corner) is bugging out a bit, the dropdown originally had code to allow google analytics, but it looks like it might now be broken.

The comic dropdowns were originally generated by the xarigami CMS and added like 1MB to the pageload, so currently there's no plans on bringing it back like it was before. It might come back in another form.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

So, how's the server transfer for the other comics going?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The good news: The link bar of SotR (home symbol / ARCHIVE / FORUM... etc. ) is now not almost covered by the banner anymore.

The bad news: There are no links. :( They work for Ma3 and DC.

The worst news: EC and DC still don't exist. All old forum links to specific comics just lead to 404s. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Over on the EC/MC/DC FB page, I am getting a lot of questions from folks asking about the status of the EC page, which I can't answer. Anything I can tell them? Unfortunately, because I run that fanpage, people assume I have inside info...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Iknow just as little as you do...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Hey, Don, I think you're signature's broken. Those images don't work anymore...

But damn. No EC or MC for the foreseeable future. That's... upsetting.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Yeah, I have the images in my Dropbox and they changed folder permissions. Need to figure out new links.
ImageImage

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Ravenhull wrote:Over on the EC/MC/DC FB page, I am getting a lot of questions from folks asking about the status of the EC page, which I can't answer. Anything I can tell them? Unfortunately, because I run that fanpage, people assume I have inside info...
Everything in time.

StickyDillyBuns is back online. That leaves EC, MC, and CCS, probably in that order.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Anyone notice a lot of broken links and the archive navigation is missing? Was looking for the dropdown on ma3 earlier.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

hils

Post by hils »

The MA3 RSS feed is working for me. All the other ones haven't been updated and are pointing to invalid pages :-(

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

An all to common question I get on the EC/MC/DC FB page, that I hate not having an answer to:

There are times I wonder if it's best that I hand over the page to Pixie Trix... They expect me to have answers, no matter how often I explain that it's just a fanpage...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

someboddy

Many of Pixie Trix' RSS feeds are broken

Post by someboddy »

In Sticky Dilly Buns' feed(http://www.stickydillybuns.com/comic.rss), the links are all dead.
Sandra on the Rock's feed(http://www.sandraontherocks.com/comic.rss) is a month behind.
Dangerously Chloe's feed(http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/comic.rss) also has dead links.
(In Eerie Cuties and Magick Chicks the actual websites are down...)
Only Manage a 3's feed(http://www.ma3comic.com/comic.rss) is working properly.

Merged here. Problem is known and is being worked on after a server move.

The DAMNed

hils

Post by hils »

The dangerously chloe favicon is broken too :-(