Helping a friend

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lokitsu

Helping a friend

Post by Lokitsu »

Hi Everyone,
I'm not on the forums a lot, I find someone else has usually made my point first and far more eloquently. This time however, I'm posting to help out my best friend. Her name is Samantha Thompson and she will die if she doesn't get a new liver. This donation fund is to help her and her husband pay bills while they wait for a suitable donor.
I met Sam in High School. We were typical nerds, smart, antisocial and awkward around others. We shared a love of roleplaying games and anime- although at that time, we only knew them as the cool cartoons from Japan. I was already a reader back then, but she introduced me to authors and worlds I'd never dreamed of. She handed me my first Larry Niven collection and Berserker novel, she showed me the worlds of Middle-Earth, but also Amber and the Foundation and Discworld and the Humanx Commonwealth. And HP Lovecraft, which led to the Call of CThulhu game by Chaosium which inspired us to try just about every roleplaying game they ever published. Three times she tried to get me to play and understand 1st ed. Traveller. I consider that a failure more on my part than hers. She also introduced me to MS-DOS and dial up computing and usenet and BBS's. Yeah... that went about as well as Traveller, at least at first. I was in awe of her intelligence, always trying to keep up with her and (at least in my eyes) failing badly.
We both had a hard time finding our places in the world. In many ways, I'm still looking, but she found hers with her husband Ambrose. He challenged and inspired her to get her Master's in Library Science and then land a job with the NY Public Library. He also supported her through the incredibly scary and difficult process of transitioning to a woman. The two of them are each other's bedrock, but right now, Samantha's stone is crumbling.
They need help and no matter how much I give them, it won't be enough. That's why I'm asking you folks for help, even just a little. Its not easy and it feels weird and intrusive, but I have to try something.

http://www.gofundme.com/ygvk8c4

If you click on the link, it'll take you to their personal donation page.
Thank you,
Lokitsu (Douglas)
Hampton, NH

Made sticky for now. The DAMNed

supremz

Re: Helping a friend

Post by supremz »

ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY LOOK APPARENTLY CANADA HAS FASCISM TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://8ch.net/fringe/res/76453.html#76485

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You know, I'm not quite clear whether you are a return of AmiKobayashi or not, but this does it. Talk about doing your absolute very best at being a loathsome human being. Are you off your meds? Seriously, you seem... unstable. Mercurial at the worst.

Banned. And don't come back.

The DAMNed
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

If I wasn't on disability :( I hope she finds a donor.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

DannyKiller5

Post by DannyKiller5 »

Hey
I hope you she ind donor. Did you add advert online? so She get bigger chance to find new donor. Good luck