Pets: Friends & Masters

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Pets: Friends & Masters

Post by Tenjen »

Could try to use imgur for it. Add an l (L) at the end before the .jpg to make it reduced if you need to.

I regret Saskia's passing greatly :<. I remember a bunch of the memories you shared and how you spoke to her
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I'm so sorry to hear about Saskia. She was such a lovely being, and I know the warmth she brought to your life will always be there.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This thread needs...
1565120671720.JPEG
1565120671720.JPEG (85.77 KiB) Viewed 10095 times
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

KITTEN PILE! :x
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I have been remiss in posting in this thread.

But I am also lazy right now...

Therefore I'll just present:

THE GINSTAGRAM!

More later.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Remember KITTEN PILE above??

Add time and...
1609347028882.JPEG
1609347028882.JPEG (61.82 KiB) Viewed 6976 times
The Granny Scratch Neighbourhood Watch diligently performing their duties and ratting on the new kittens on the block.

While I'm not directly taking care of them, I have quite a bit of cat exposure right now. As I'm all alone here in Spain, I was giving access to both the kitten pile household, and two the two "monsters", the black cats of another friend of mine (where I do have the official duty of cleaning the kitty litter...). So I get quite some cuddles. :x
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Good to see that the kitties are doing well. :x

Mom was gifted with a cat, PK, a couple years ago now. He is a mix but other than a white star on his chest and one white toe he presents as a Russian Blue. He was born to a friend's barn cat and at first was a bit skittish but has come around nicely. For people he knows anyway. For anyone else he still wants none of it, thank you. She has also this past year "acquired" a stray cat. He showed up on her porch one day and decided this was home now. We've just been calling him Yellow Cat. He is kind of a patchy white and yellow-orange in colouration. I suppose we could call him Dixie because he rather looks like a old style Dixie cup ice cream treat.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Revisiting the last few pages, I see I actually introduced and posted pictures of the two "monsters", Jas and Lily, back from 2017. Both are doing well but developed differently. Jas seems to hate everyone but her owner, me, and a former boyfriend of the owner. :D However, she is not the cuddly type really, and has mostly been ignoring me during my recent visits (but still loves to sniff my shoes :P ). Lily is a cuddle monster with incredibly silky fur, a few days ago when I was there, she smelled foreign cat on my fingers and decided it was time to overwrite that blasphemy, she head-butted my hands for five minutes straight...

Anyway, for anyone who does not have an Instagram account (like me) and can't access the "GINSTAGRAM" pics (any more), here's in short, the story:

In spring 2019, after an especially bad bureaucracy day at work, the bosses of my working group decided spontaneously to invite us all for dinner and drinks. It would also be the first time we met the boyfriend of another guy in our group. I went to pick up the lady who owns the monsters mentioned above, which automatically implies we would be a bit late.. :P

While we were just leaving her place, we were told to come quick!!! The other guy and his bf had parked some hundred meters from the bosses place, and when they left the car, there was this probably a few-months-old ginger kitty cat basically waiting for them. Said cat then just followed them to my bosses' place and... came right in! "This is my home now! No more living on the street!" she decided there and then. They were "worried" she might leave before we two others arrived, but nope! She stayed the evening, then stayed the night, and another 24 hours later it was pretty clear she'd stay a while... STAY FOREVER!!!

She was named, for obvious reasons, Ginger, because she's orange with white stripes. She was healthy and well-groomed, though without any collar. Still, there was initially the thought she might belong to someone who would want her back, but no one ever showed up.

A few months later, she escaped the house and did not come back for two days. And then a few weeks after that, her belly starting swelling up...

Enter KITTEN PILE! As you can see, it's three mostly dark torties (initially named Pelonchi, Stripey and Naomi, now officially Andromeda, Sansa and, still Naomi) and a calico named... Calico, now Callisto.

It was planned to keep one and give the three other away, but the boss lady could just not part with them, so now it's a merry crazy five-cat household!!! Callisto had a hard childhood, a bit runt-of-the-litter, and is quite shy around most people. all the others are very friendly, especially Ginger herself. :) The "Minis", as we call the kittens, are now all neutered (it's a five-girl matriarchy!) and all are allowed outside. They are also leash-trained and love accompanying their owners on mountain hikes. Ginger herself has even travelled to ten European countries!!! :D I'll tell one tale about that some other time.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Unfortunately, Yellow Cat, my Mom's itinerant mooch of a moggy, forgot his highway code this past week. :((

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Run over???

OH NOEZ :(

I'm so sorry.
ImageImage