Confessions

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Confessions

Post by yiraheerai »

I miss talking to people- IRL or online- 'cause when I do, funny (to me anyway) stuff happens. For example, a friend of mine is having a late Thanksgiving and took a picture with her 10 year old nephew. This ensues:

A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

Sometimes, rarely though, I feel like being in a poly relationship is selfish. I'm guessing it has to do with western culture pushing monogamy as the only acceptable relationship being ingrained in my psyche since I was a kid.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I've actually thought that my desire for a strictly monogamous relationship was selfish.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

I figure one should go with what will satisfy both them and their partner(s) and if that's monogamy then go for it.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I can't even manage a monogamous relationship...sigh...sometimes I'm afraid I'll end up alone and perpetually single.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

You say that like it was a bad thing. :|
I think outside the tesseract.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

tis for those who it is a bad thing for. different shades and all.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I've always wanted to get married and have a family.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

I hope you do marry and have the family you want.

Myself, I expect to die alone and not have the body discovered for a year or so.

Either that or get run over in the street while bicycling.

Gotta aspire to something.
I think outside the tesseract.

Sahrimnir

Post by Sahrimnir »

I can imagine being in a monogamous relationship. I can imagine being in a poly relationship. I can imagine remaining single forever. I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

I used to be all depressed about how I would never find anyone and I'm gonna be forever alone and stuff. Nothing has actually changed in my love life (meaning I still don't actually have one). It's mostly my mindset that has changed. Partially, I guess I'm more confident. I don't feel as hopeless as I used to. But mostly I think it has to do with not placing as much importance on being in a romantic relationship as I used to. If it happens, great! If not, well that's okay too.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Confession - part of the reason that I don't contribute as much to the forums anymore is because I'm so unhappy with my life. I'm angry, I'm bitter, I'm drowning in depression, and I hear it leaking out of me every time I open my mouth or communicate online.

I know that the stress of the new job site (the workload is exceptionally high) coupled with it falling on the heels of the holidays which was preceded by the romantic fiascos of "Aly & Ally" is responsible for the numbing level of depression I'm currently in. However, since those two ladies I've become overwhelming aware of just how unlikely it is that I'll ever find someone. And considering two of my four life goals hinge on a romantic partner, it's twisting inside of me. That I've done what I can to be the sort of person that another person might find interesting and appealing, but I simply can't manage to find anyone expressing interest.

In recent social outings, it's become painfully aware to me just how numerous the men are to the ladies - and those few ladies are always already romantically engaged. I am completely and utterly powerless to change this singularly important aspect of my life, and this helplessness is making me very poor company. I belong to two different online dating sites, and every time my widespread circle of friends get together I'm present in hopes of meeting someone... and I'm finding nobody at all.

At the same time, I feel like I've always been powerless in this respect. I've said this before, but it bears repeating since I'm on the subject; I've never in my life managed to even regularly date (much less managed a relationship) someone that I've romantically pursued. So I feel as though I'm spending a lot of time and effort on these avenues that really won't work for me. I'm in a situation that is not and never has been even the slightest bit in my control or even ability to influence in a positive fashion. And sadly, it's also vital to my happiness in life, because more than anything I want to be a father and I want to grow old with someone. More than even being a writer.

It's always on my mind.

I can't let go of it.

And more and more often I catch myself wondering, "If I'll never have these things in my life that are so vitally important to me, what's the point in going on?"
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Sorry to hear that this is still going on for you, DnE. Unfortunately, as I am in that boat with you, I have no words of comfort for you. Only my commiserations. :ymhug:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

This may not be a surprise but it's something I need to voice (or re-voice)...

Almost everything I do sends me into pits of dread or panic. Reading homework material, answering discussion questions -in fact, there's one discussion question that's very controversial (whether or not the ambitions of the former slaves after the Civil War was "realistic") and I'm a very opinionated person so I'm fretting over every answer, even my own.

Reading books does it too. Will I get so caught up in it that I'll forget everything else for days? Cause I hate when I do that. Right now, I can't do that.

Writing does it. It's part of why I quit. Just the feelings of...dread that come up any time I'm about to open a word document without a clue of what to write. My stomach ties in knots thinking about ideas I could use.

Even with my mental health and hearing therapies, I get it.

Things like this whole post get choppy because of all the feelings. It's just.. a lot of worry bouncing around in different forms and I can't seem to get ahold of any of it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So I'm starting to sort of regret going back into college and.. naturally, the voices around me are pretty adamantly saying that I can do what they think I think I can't do. (wait, what? >.o) But the thing is, I.. just don't know if it's what I'm looking for and then... with everyone pushing me in one direction I start to think... that maybe I need to get so down, there's nothing to do but come back up. Or at least prove to people that they don't know what I'm feeling and they don't know what I want just because I don't even know what I want. Do I really want anything?

Apparently, but nothing I've been trying has been working

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yira,

Part of why I attend Goddard is that I know that I can do the work, but I can't stand being around people too much. So, the question is- is it the work or is it the being around other people which is difficult for you?