Confessions

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Confessions

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm not having the best of weekends. Got grumbling displeased with one of my friends (again, for more or less the same issues that have been popping up for the last year), suffering from a bad headache, and was bored out of my mind with nothing to do because I didn't want to spend time with said friend. Then, I discover Texts From The Avengers, a mash up of "Texts From Last Night" and clips from any of the recent Marvel movies on Tumblr.

And after binge reading them I actually got to the point where I thought, "I wish I had poorer life decisions, was more of an alcoholic, and perhaps even did drugs just so my life could have this sort of hilarious drama. Not being this bland, pointless existence."

I realized that was a horrible thought, but there's a part of my brain that stands behind that thought.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You realize you could actually make those poorer life decisions now though? :ymhug:
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I kind of know how you feel. After watching Frozen, Let It Go has been stuck in my head but for probably different reasons than most people. It's about escaping and letting yourself be.. yourself. Testing limits of what you can do without parents, mantras, and fears keeping you still. She ran away. "I'm never going back, the past is in the past."

Not the first time I've thought of skipping town without telling anyone. Or just thinking of leaving in any way. I have actually asked my parents to kick me out of the house before.

Life can just.. be more. In my case, it probably should.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You could take an extended trip to visit some random friend? Just thinking of ways to get that freedom without completely losing a safety net. :ymhug:

Actually, I used to think a lot about just packing up and disappearing. Going to some other random part of the country and starting a completely new life without any ties to my old one.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

There is a tentative plan to head to either Roswell or Artesia tomorrow to see if I can do it. I've never been there on my own before, so... There's a start. Maybe. We talked about getting a hotel room until there's actually room in an actual apartment (everything is FULL here) but Dad thinks that everywhere is full- including the motels. Otherwise they wouldn't be building new ones.. or something. WE SHALL SEE.

Edit: Also, a hypocritical confession. My cousin Amy actually did this once- the whole running away thing. She moved to another state to get to know her dad who was, as far as I heard, pretty abusive to her mom. She took all three kids with her, trashed her mom and step-dad's house, and all without a word. I am STILL angry at her for doing that. I think it's the "trashed her mom's house" part that gets to me. Wants to leave to get to know her dad? Fine. She called after moving so there wasn't any missing person thing or anything. But she freaking trashed the house. Then came back. And did the same thing again only I think she had one more kid with her. It's.. yeah.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Oh no. Disproval ;_;

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Well, if you're going off to live alone, that's cool, but I'm worried for you :ymhug:

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

My poison of choice is red wine. When I'm drinking something alcoholic purely for relaxation, I grab a bottle of shiraz and mellow out. My confession is that I've been doing this once a week for the last several weeks. Considering my stress level of late, on one side I know it's understandable. However, I also know that alcoholism runs in my family. I went through a period in my 20's where I consumed rather massive quantities every single weekend. I know I've been lucky in that I've never been that embarrassing drunk friend or drunken family member - but I'm very aware of how much I drink. And while a bottle a week is hardly large amount, I'm aware of it. And I'm keeping an eye on my consumption.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

Dirty n Evil wrote:I'm not having the best of weekends. Got grumbling displeased with one of my friends (again, for more or less the same issues that have been popping up for the last year), suffering from a bad headache, and was bored out of my mind with nothing to do because I didn't want to spend time with said friend. Then, I discover Texts From The Avengers, a mash up of "Texts From Last Night" and clips from any of the recent Marvel movies on Tumblr.

And after binge reading them I actually got to the point where I thought, "I wish I had poorer life decisions, was more of an alcoholic, and perhaps even did drugs just so my life could have this sort of hilarious drama. Not being this bland, pointless existence."

I realized that was a horrible thought, but there's a part of my brain that stands behind that thought.
For a low price of 39.99 I can teach you how to have the drama you desire so that you can never be bored.
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

For the even lower price of a bottle of tequila and paying my way down to Tampa, I can start a shitshow in your very own home and you'll never have those thoughts again.

(yeah thread necro whoops)
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Don't tempt him!

*Takes up collection for Liliana to move to Tampa*
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

:)) I, ah... I appreciate the offer, Lilianna. ;) However, I'm smart enough now to keep drama out of my apartment. The last thing I need is that sort of insanity AND Saskia upset at me because I ruffled her feline calm.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

ahh yes, Maintaining Zen by not wanting to piss the cat off. I know that art well.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

I made a deal with the devil to have the world in my hands in exchange for my soul and all I got was a 12 inch globe.

[quoteFor the even lower price of a bottle of tequila and paying my way down to Tampa, I can start a shitshow in your very own home and you'll never have those thoughts again.

(yeah thread necro whoops)][/quote]
I hate competition but my source of shit showing will leave you questioning a lot of things. With me, you never know where you'll end up. Hell, I didn't ever think I end up where Im at now. Living the viva loca

With me you might find your self on stage of a concert to a big name act. Might end up in jail. Might end getting pocessed by demons. Might end up going outside and making a friend or two. Or drunk in America and end up waking up Japan. If I were well, I could make these things happen.
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!