What music are you listening to...

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: What music are you listening to...

Post by Don Alexander »

Crown of Asteria is something really rare - One-Woman Black Metal!

Here's an interview with Meghan Wood, the sole creative artist behind CoA.

The old material is pretty bad, with weak production values and horrible timing problems with the drums... But the newer stuff, like the Animism split or the Rauðskinna album, are really nice.

Now listening to really old Opera IX stuff, female-fronted black metal from Italy.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The cenotaph upon the grave of mankind...

And I thought The Anthropocene Extinction was great... :-o @-) @-) @-) =p~ =p~ =p~ :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Link is broken. Is that Der Blaue Reiter?

DESTROSE - maze

From Japan with love. \M/
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Iommi - Who's Fooling Who

A little something from the Rifflord and three quarters of Black Sabbath.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Black Sabbath - Swinging the Chain

Happy B-Day Bill Ward. :ymparty:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ted Nugent - No Man's Land
Bad Company - Fame & Fortune
Brian Howe - Here They Come Again
Kraftwerk - Autobahn

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Motörhead - Whorehouse Blues

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I've finally found it.

The quest has been hard and at times dispiriting, seeking more and more extreme sounds, and finding you like them nonetheless.

But now I have reached the end, and behold the Indescribable.

You know... well, probably you don't maybe Az does, and I sure do, exhibit a) is my mom! But anyway, if you listen to extreme metal (or also extreme electronic stuff), you'll always have people who come and state "That alleged "music" you are listening to is nothing but noise!!!"

Well, now I have found the track that represents how all those undifferentiated ears perceive our music. :) Or, alternatively, the track you can play to then wisely nod and say "Yes, it is indeed just noise."

Abruptum - Dödsapparaten

Or, maybe, I'm just an undifferentiated ear on a somewhat higher level. %-( L-)

In better news, some bands I can recommend @Az:

- Vananidr
- Sarkrista
- Minenwerfer
- To Conceal the Horns
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So here's my take on that track. They got the band together, got everyone hooked up and ready to jam, and then kicked them all down the stairs. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

It's a one-man project, so the guy had to throw himself down the stairs. Otherwise, makes sense. ;)
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Vito and the Salutations cover of Alex North's Unchained Melody

For those of us most familiar with the Righteous Brothers version of this song this rendition is most decidedly odd sounding.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

One especially for the little black kitty who posts so much here:

Allegaeon - The Azrael Trigger
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

*two ankle swipes up \M/

Dave Evans' rendition of Down in the Willow Garden

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Dame Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again