What music are you listening to...

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: What music are you listening to...

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:37 pm
And I'm still waiting for Ride the Lightning... This one was not out of Germany but Switzerland and I'm wondering if it's going to land in customs... I've ordered from this Swiss eBay shop a gajillion times, they are very cheap, and I've always received their stuff without problems. But I've not received any message from the customs place either. Here at least, assuming it never comes and I get my money back, I can get it off Amazon for €10 more...
So something kind of crazy happened...

I write them Friday evening, exactly an entire month after I ordered the RtL. On Monday morning, I get a response: Yeah, they'll try to find out what happened to the shipment. Meanwhile, they'll send me another one (!!!) just to make sure I get one. And in case the other does still arive, well, I can keep it for maximum customer satisfaction! :-o

And just hours later... IT ARRIVES!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

No customs! \:d/

But it's entirely unclear why it took so long, or even what it was really shipped with...

Now, what I don't know is if they actually sent the second one off already. So far I've not told them I did receive the original... ^#(^ Let's see.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

=))

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

But hey, you gotta admit, gnome hats and kind of weird lyrics aside, the music totally rocks.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Tedeschi Trucks Band covering Sam Cooke's Bring It on Home to Me

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Larkin Poe covering Skip James' Hard Time Killing Floor Blues

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Scorpions - Action and Lonesome Crow

A little bluesy hard rock from 1972.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Dick Dale - Blonde in the 406

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Townes Van Zandt - Silver Ships of Andilar

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Link Wray and the Raymen - Danger One Way Love with Ray Vernon, Big City Stomp, White Lightning, and Big City After Dark

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

On first base?
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

That would be The Who.

Speaking of which: The Who - My Generation

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I have the rather insane plan of listening to most of my ripped music collection... On my external drives, older folders are "Bandname - Album title", but more recently, I've gone over to "Bandname - Year of release - Album title", that way, bigger clusters from single bands get sorted by time too. Additionally, in really old rips, if it contains double CDs, I labeled them 01 - ## - Title, 02 - ## - Title, before switching to CD1 - ## - Title or DVD - ## - Title. So in case I come across that, I also update it.

Aaaaand then I relisten to all that, check tags, and if all is fine, mirror it to my other external drive.

Yes, I'm slightly OCD. :P But I'm also just keeping things in order, not too weird.

Bands I've lately listened too:

Orphanage, Order of Ennead, Penumbra, Raise Hell, The Sins of thy Beloved...

Now Raunchy.

And loads of stuff already lined up in my WinAmp, like The Ruins of Beverast, Queensr\"yche...
ImageImage