The Elder Cave

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: The Elder Cave

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Nathan Dorian wrote:Image
I will not be bribed into abandoning my post! Not even for sweet... delicious... tasty... ohhh, chocolately goodness...

Dammit, ND! Had to aim for my sugar addiction, didn't you!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Every Elder Cave needs a good stash of the good stuff. ;3

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

I could just move to Canada.
It's right over there, and the drinking age is sixteen.
And it looks like I may have to spam the boards a bit, I'm at what... 165 posts.
So close I can taste it.
Maybe I should stop containing my multiple statements into singular posts.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

What's the post-requirement...I suspect I'm reaching it quite fast at the moment. I've only been here a few days. :P
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Pneumonica wrote:
Bear wrote:Oh yeah, Pneu and Retiarius are in once they turn up and pay for the monogrammed robes.
Robes? Nah, I go clad in the green! Which means I use my superhuman powers to force noobs into paying for them. Would you like to buy a tulip? Muahaha. :twisted:
Okay fair enough. Those monogrammed Grand Council Robes don't pay for themselves so as long as someone does. *Hands over Pneu's Burning Pitchfork of Office* Now.. we just need an official title for your possition...
Don Alexander wrote:Hm, need to pay for my monogrammed robes to. *here*
We are probably pondering the same person, yes... :D
Here in Germany... Hm... Actually, it's a bit indecipherable. There's a limit for discerning between low-alcohol drinks (beer, wine, champagne) and hard stuff. The low stuff you get if you're 16 and older, the hard stuff, 18. But I'm not sure where Bailey's falls.
The thought of wrestling in jelly is somehow enticing... *mind wanders off into perverse directions*
Member link!! w00t!! WHAT??? I'm at #4, even in front of Giz herself!! Jeez... The Grand Council is pretty small then, seems only Pneu has not looked in (at the time I started this post).
Edit: Okay, Pneu is in! :mrgreen:
Sweet, someone actually paid! That'll go towards the Elder Council Christmas/ non-denominational mid-winter solstice celebration party.
Well I think Oni is already the jester, so if he shows up for the meeting we've got the cap and bells somewhere.
I think since its a blend with whiskey and spirits and counts as a liqour, it'll be 18 there.
Hence the jelly wrestling 'debate' pit. We sell the security camera tapes for extra funding. :twisted:

I think everyone above 200 posts is elligable for the Grand Council... though we'll have special dispensations for possitions only certain people can fill. (That and Dave will get stropey since his post counts only 41).

Welcome in DnE! We've got a set of Robes and Burning Pitchfork for you somewhere! Until someone thinks of a better title for you, We'll call you the Offical Precog of Evil Thought!
Nathan Dorian wrote:Every Elder Cave needs a good stash of the good stuff. ;3
Okay... you get special dispensation for being cute and having chocolate...
aishabe wrote:I could just move to Canada.
It's right over there, and the drinking age is sixteen.
And it looks like I may have to spam the boards a bit, I'm at what... 165 posts.
So close I can taste it.
Maybe I should stop containing my multiple statements into singular posts.
Don't worry, your geek points count you as having over 200. We need a nerdy 'Elder Before Her Time' to get the youth vote.
Asaryu wrote:What's the post-requirement...I suspect I'm reaching it quite fast at the moment. I've only been here a few days. :P
At the moment, Over 200 for Grand Council. I'd say over 50 to be allowed past the Guard Splatters... Yes I sent out to Ankh-Morpork for them.

Okay.. Order of business.. we need to decide what limit of people to let on the Grand Elder Forumite Council.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Do you need a scribe or archivist for the Elder Cave or throne room?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hmm.. I'll have to discus it with the rest of the council, but I think Arantor gets in on geek points. That and we do need a good scribe for writing down the edicts of the council... when we run out of Baileys and get around to actually doing some work.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Work? What work?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Asaryu wrote:Work? What work?

Well we do have to plot world domination... Erm.. I mean how to how to watch over the forum and keep it as a friendly place for the betterment of all.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I'm more than happy to archive and catalogue the acts that lead to world domination. (WordOwl's top ambition is to be the 'Google' of webcomics, taking over the world is more of a hobby on the side.)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Bear wrote:
Asaryu wrote:Work? What work?

Well we do have to plot world domination... Erm.. I mean how to how to watch over the forum and keep it as a friendly place for the betterment of all.
The kiwi chan studio holds dibs on plots for world domination anyway >:|
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Bear wrote:Okay... you get special dispensation for being cute and having chocolate...
Story of my life..

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Nathan Dorian wrote:
Bear wrote:Okay... you get special dispensation for being cute and having chocolate...
Story of my life..
Well, I mean, there's other reasons for the special dispensation too, we just can't talk about them in a public forum. :mrgreen:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dirty n Evil wrote:Sorry I was late for the meeting... I was too busy challenging a greivous insult to my nature... nay, to my very name! Who ever heard of a Dirty 'n Evil individual being a White Paladin - hrmph!
Seems my position as Grand High Smart Alec is being cemented! :mrgreen:
Dirty n Evil wrote:I may not qualify for the sheer post quantity, but between my snarky comments and tendency towards hockey fights I have the perfect role I'd like to nominate myself for. I can be the guard to the cave. I can taunt the noobs while I lean on my Ronnie Hextall goalie stick. (Yes, I actually own one. If you know who that is, I might actually let you admire it.) And we can keep the Kodiaks around when they come to - I'm good with pets. ;)
Excellent choice. But "guard of the cave" sounds too lowly. I submit DnE for the position of Lord Marshall of the Guardians of the Elder Cave. And I'd say that's a Grand Council position.
Nathan Dorian wrote:chocolate bars
One really has to laud the audacity. I mean, not even any text. Genius move.
Asaryu wrote:What's the post-requirement...I suspect I'm reaching it quite fast at the moment. I've only been here a few days. :P
Yes, you are going orbital. stephaielikes was also in a fast trajectory to the moon, but she's been absent a bit these last days.

Anyhow, I'd have vouched for you regardless of post number. ;) But since Bear has suggested 50 (or special dispensation), you qualify easily. Hm, we do also need some ladies on the Grand Council...
Bear wrote:Okay fair enough. Those monogrammed Grand Council Robes don't pay for themselves so as long as someone does. *Hands over Pneu's Burning Pitchfork of Office* Now.. we just need an official title for your possition...
Ooooh, Burning Pitchforks of Office!!! I can haz? *takes pitchforks, breaks off all but the outer two tongs* Mwuahaha!! Burning Pitchfork of Evil Eye Doom!!! My new favorite LART!
Bear wrote:Sweet, someone actually paid! That'll go towards the Elder Council Christmas/ non-denominational mid-winter solstice celebration party.
Well I think Oni is already the jester, so if he shows up for the meeting we've got the cap and bells somewhere.
I think since its a blend with whiskey and spirits and counts as a liqour, it'll be 18 there.
Hence the jelly wrestling 'debate' pit. We sell the security camera tapes for extra funding. :twisted:
Hey, that party's coming up!! Need to start planning.
Okay, we were thinking of the same guy. :lol:
Yes, quite possible. Doesn't matter. I'm easily of legal age.
Ooooh, scandalous. Soon to be seen on the front page of the "Cave Network".
Bear wrote:I think everyone above 200 posts is elligable for the Grand Council... though we'll have special dispensations for possitions only certain people can fill. (That and Dave will get stropey since his post counts only 41).
Which Dave? Our dear Mod? He actually has... 51! Anyhow, Mods pass through walls, we could hardly keep him out.
Bear wrote:Welcome in DnE! We've got a set of Robes and Burning Pitchfork for you somewhere! Until someone thinks of a better title for you, We'll call you the Offical Precog of Evil Thought!
See my suggestion above. But he can easily hold two titles.

midgetshrimp also needs one. Do we make him our messiah? I mean, "Pirate Jesus" has kinda gotten stuck. Not to mention we recently found "Ninja Jesus, The Fallen One".
Bear wrote:
Nathan Dorian wrote:Every Elder Cave needs a good stash of the good stuff. ;3
Okay... you get special dispensation for being cute and having chocolate...
Now, don't start getting soft, Bear!! Remeber the "vile" in your title! I mean, notwithstanding that I agree with you to let ND in, soon we'll have all cute girls of the board (that is, all) posting pics of chocolate bars instead of pics of themselves... :(
Bear wrote:
aishabe wrote:And it looks like I may have to spam the boards a bit, I'm at what... 165 posts. So close I can taste it. Maybe I should stop containing my multiple statements into singular posts.
Don't worry, your geek points count you as having over 200. We need a nerdy 'Elder Before Her Time' to get the youth vote.
At the moment, Over 200 for Grand Council. I'd say over 50 to be allowed past the Guard Splatters... Yes I sent out to Ankh-Morpork for them.

Okay.. Order of business.. we need to decide what limit of people to let on the Grand Elder Forumite Council.
Okay, order of business.

Part one: Just by post counts and not counting Giz, the Grand Council would be four people. I deem that too low. Considering this board has almost 500 users, I'd say a number of 10 is good for starters.
Part two: 10 can't be filled by posts right now if 200 is the limit. So special dispensations are needed. Aish and DnE just got one, and though he has not looked in yet, I said right from the start that the Elder Cave can't bear :roll: its name without an Elder Geek, so Retiarius automatically qualifies. And I think oni should also be let in.
Part three: On the other hand, the 200 limit is not something to be set for all time. Assuming (hoping) that Giz and Dave continue this comic, and thus this board, for a long time yet, there will come a time when a lot of people have reached the 200. So it must be some kind of scaled limit.
Part four: What's open for debate is if the Grand Council is a set set of people to be determined now and in the near future and then frozen. As an elderocracy, we are vile, narcissistic creatures. At the very least, once you have been inducted into the Grand Council, you should hold a title for life (of the board). To think a bit in RL dimensions, though, it may be that GC members wish to leave the council one day (e.g., they have better things to do than post on a board of a web-comic all the time ;) ). In such a case, my suggestion is that they submit a proposal to who their heir should be. But beside that, at least in my opinion, we should finalize the council soon. We who were there at the beginning will always be we who were there at the beginning, no matter who comes later...

Concerning Arantor... Hm... Okay, I'm for letting him in.

(And by this I mean Elder Cave membership in spite of < 50 posts, not talking about Grand Council.)

Also, I will henceforth proudly update my sig... :mrgreen: Other Grand Council members are suggested to do the same.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Ok, I vouch for (if not jester) than the title of Exhuberant High Messiah, Spiritual Relief of the Elder Council.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?