The Elder Cave

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

The Elder Cave

Post by Bear »

The Elder Cave... Because every good forum needs a place where the elder forumites can plot world domination, plot how to keep the noobs down, generally arse about, kick back and relax and watch over the community in style.

Soo, pull up a wing-back comfy rock chair, bring in your national/favourite snack and drink, grab a place by the fire and fight over who gets the higher membership number when we form the commitee. :D

Being English and proud, I bring crumpets and Marmite, lashings of Tetley tea, and because I'm stealing it... Lots of Baileys :twisted:

Just watch out for the KGB (Kodiak Guard Bears) at the door...

Flaming pitchforks and elder robes will be issued once your security deposit clears.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Elder Cave

Post by Don Alexander »

*drags up a worn easy chair*

*brushes KGB fluff off hands*

Bear, next time, better guards please. :lol:

Well, let's see, Germany is not that wel-known for its cuisine... So I just brought some kegs of icecold Weizenbier.

So, we should be setting an Agenda. One of the first points, just so that we can show our elitist *bling*, is to make some rules who is allowed into the Elder Cave. Well, I guess it's too late to kick Bear out, so he stays. But, yes, rules?? Number of posts?? Time since registering?? Or do we add lurking time too, i.e. when did we start reading Ma3??

It's up for discussion.

Going by numbers of posts alone, I think Bear gets to be supreme vile megalomaniac dictator. :twisted:

Edit: Fittingly, this was my post #200!!! That's a decent number, I'd say.

Edit #2: I'll have some of that Bailey's on the rocks, s'il vous plait.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Aww.. damnit.. do you know how hard it is to import Kodiak bears over here at this time of year? I knew I should have told them to maul smart alecs on sight.

And yes... far too late to kick me out, Its my cave afterall :D. As the official highest poster without spamming, and already having had the robes made in my size, I'll gladly accept the title and possition of Supreme Vile Meglomanic Dictator of The Elder Cave.

Note, first order of business is to think up a set of titles that aren't such a mouthfull, and a set of possitions to give people... I think Don can go with Grand High Smart Alec.

Second Order, once we get the Grand council assemble we'll decide if its number of posts, plus time registered, + or - geek points and if we like the person or not :D

Third Order... Quickly think of suitably impressive titles for Giz and Dave so they don't kick our asses...

Fourth Order... Baileys on Ice for all! :D

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Heyy, some of us aren't legal.
When will we know if we qualify for the Elder Cave?
I could contribute... biting teenage sarcasm.
Hoyeah.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Aww.. damnit.. do you know how hard it is to import Kodiak bears over here at this time of year? I knew I should have told them to maul smart alecs on sight.
Well, lesson learned. Good idea, actually. Let's me keep my position, hehe! :twisted:
Bear wrote:And yes... far too late to kick me out, Its my cave afterall :D. As the official highest poster without spamming, and already having had the robes made in my size, I'll gladly accept the title and possition of Supreme Vile Meglomanic Dictator of The Elder Cave.
All hail the SVMDotEC!!!!

On another note. Does anyone have more posts with spamming?? I don't think so...
Bear wrote:Note, first order of business is to think up a set of titles that aren't such a mouthfull, and a set of possitions to give people... I think Don can go with Grand High Smart Alec.
I... like it!! :evil:

Actually, that post should have gone to Pneu or DnE, but seeing as they're late for the meeting. :P
Bear wrote:Second Order, once we get the Grand council assemble we'll decide if its number of posts, plus time registered, + or - geek points and if we like the person or not :D
Well, seems the # of posts precendent lies by at max > 200 (otherwise I would be shown to the door), but clearly we need to reduce it a bit, otherwise we'd be a small Elder Cave. But for the Grand Council, maybe...
Bear wrote:Third Order... Quickly think of suitably impressive titles for Giz and Dave so they don't kick our asses...
Well, that goes without saying. The Mods are $Deity.
Bear wrote:Fourth Order... Baileys on Ice for all! :D
"He was a vile, sadistic dictator, But one thing you have to say for him, he always had Bailey's on ice for his henchcritters." :lol:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

aishabe wrote:Heyy, some of us aren't legal.
Hoyeah.
Aish, in the Elder Cave, your RL age counts less than the dust motes whirling toward the ceiling in the updraft of smoky tallow candles...

You started the Nerdy Vices thread, that alone makes you eligible, I'd say. :geek:

Though admittance into the Grand council still needs to be discussed :P
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

aishabe wrote:Heyy, some of us aren't legal.
Hoyeah.
Age doesn't count here... though it'll have to be fruit juice till your legal age to drink...
Don Alexander wrote:You started the Nerdy Vices thread, that alone makes you eligible, I'd say. :geek:

Though admittance into the Grand council still needs to be discussed :P
That works, and she does have the youth vote on her side which could be usefull to our schemes... I say she's in.
Don Alexander wrote:Well, lesson learned. Good idea, actually. Let's me keep my position, hehe! :twisted:
All hail the SVMDotEC!!!!
On another note. Does anyone have more posts with spamming?? I don't think so...
For now.. Muhahaha. And Yes.. All hail me! And nope. So no giving the rest ideas...
Actually, that post should have gone to Pneu or DnE, but seeing as they're late for the meeting. :P
Well the mud and jelly for the wrestling pits on order, so you guys can all fight that out later.
Well, seems the # of posts precendent lies by at max > 200 (otherwise I would be shown to the door), but clearly we need to reduce it a bit, otherwise we'd be a small Elder Cave. But for the Grand Council, maybe...

Well we can give them a nice pair of plush seats just off to the side of the Grand Council.... I think we can work on an admitance basis of Geek points + general contribution over time for admitance, and over 200 post for the Grand Council right now.
"He was a vile, sadistic dictator, But one thing you have to say for him, he always had Bailey's on ice for his henchcritters." :lol:
Rule X of being an Evil Overlord: Occasionally give the mases what they want and always have a good supply of alcohol.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

So, I'm nearing 300 and contribute greatly to the comic relief of most threads. I say you guys need a jester. I say I like pointy hats. And shoes with bells. Like Richard Cory. Wait, that didn't end right...
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

midgetshrimp wrote:So, I'm nearing 300 and contribute greatly to the comic relief of most threads. I say you guys need a jester. I say I like pointy hats. And shoes with bells. Like Richard Cory. Wait, that didn't end right...
Well, you for sure are part of the Grand Council, no question. Pneu too, and Retiarius, for his Elder Geek cred alone.

But jester... Hmm... I had someone else in mind... :lol:
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Age doesn't count here... though it'll have to be fruit juice till your legal age to drink...
:lol: And I think she still has to wait six darn years for that Bailey's...
Bear wrote:That works, and she does have the youth vote on her side which could be usefull to our schemes... I say she's in.
The SVMDotEC has spoken. Welcome, Aish!! Hm, you could be the Grand Council's lawyer, seeing that your word is law. ;)
Bear wrote:Well the mud and jelly for the wrestling pits on order, so you guys can all fight that out later.
Trust an Englishman to throw jelly into the mudpit.

Bear wrote:Well we can give them a nice pair of plush seats just off to the side of the Grand Council.... I think we can work on an admitance basis of Geek points + general contribution over time for admitance, and over 200 post for the Grand Council right now.
Okay, we need to go hunt. Does this board have stats somewhere?
Bear wrote:Rule X of being an Evil Overlord: Occasionally give the mases what they want and always have a good supply of alcohol.
Evil Overlord list FTW! Though that isn't even on the list. Sounds good, though.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

midgetshrimp wrote:So, I'm nearing 300 and contribute greatly to the comic relief of most threads. I say you guys need a jester. I say I like pointy hats. And shoes with bells. Like Richard Cory. Wait, that didn't end right...
Hey, stop being spammy to catch up with my post count! lol. We can demote you to cabana boy to Pneu for that...
Don Alexander wrote:Well, you for sure are part of the Grand Council, no question. Pneu too, and Retiarius, for his Elder Geek cred alone.

But jester... Hmm... I had someone else in mind... :lol:

Oh yeah, Pneu and Retiarius are in once they turn up and pay for the monogrammed robes.

And are you pondering who I'm pondering for jester? lol

And since I'm bored with quote trees already... lol

Its only 3 years if she moves to England since the legal drinking is 18 here.

The jelly isn't going in the mud pit, it depends on what mood were in as to what you can all fight over possitions in. Jelly or Mud, or other medium of preferance...

For stats... click the members button on the top bar, that works.

And well, the list needs revising since its not been touched for years.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Bear wrote:Oh yeah, Pneu and Retiarius are in once they turn up and pay for the monogrammed robes.
Robes? Nah, I go clad in the green! Which means I use my superhuman powers to force noobs into paying for them. Would you like to buy a tulip? Muahaha. :twisted:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Oh yeah, Pneu and Retiarius are in once they turn up and pay for the monogrammed robes.
And are you pondering who I'm pondering for jester? lol
And since I'm bored with quote trees already... lol
Its only 3 years if she moves to England since the legal drinking is 18 here.
The jelly isn't going in the mud pit, it depends on what mood were in as to what you can all fight over possitions in. Jelly or Mud, or other medium of preferance...
For stats... click the members button on the top bar, that works.
And well, the list needs revising since its not been touched for years.
Hm, need to pay for my monogrammed robes to. *here*

We are probably pondering the same person, yes... :D

Here in Germany... Hm... Actually, it's a bit indecipherable. There's a limit for discerning between low-alcohol drinks (beer, wine, champagne) and hard stuff. The low stuff you get if you're 16 and older, the hard stuff, 18. But I'm not sure where Bailey's falls.

The thought of wrestling in jelly is somehow enticing... *mind wanders off into perverse directions*

Member link!! w00t!! WHAT??? I'm at #4, even in front of Giz herself!! Jeez... The Grand Council is pretty small then, seems only Pneu has not looked in (at the time I started this post).

Edit: Okay, Pneu is in! :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Sorry I was late for the meeting... I was too busy challenging a greivous insult to my nature... nay, to my very name! Who ever heard of a Dirty 'n Evil individual being a White Paladin - hrmph!

I may not qualify for the sheer post quantity, but between my snarky comments and tendency towards hockey fights I have the perfect role I'd like to nominate myself for. I can be the guard to the cave. I can taunt the noobs while I lean on my Ronnie Hextall goalie stick. (Yes, I actually own one. If you know who that is, I might actually let you admire it.) And we can keep the Kodiaks around when they come to - I'm good with pets. ;)

Oh, Bailey's on ice! Excellent choice. Mind you, I'll have to install a tap that serves Bass Ale if I'm to frequent the Cave. Good stuff.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »