The Internet In Your Earholes

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

The Internet In Your Earholes

Post by 'J' »

I noticed that this forum does not appear to have a discussion thread in regard to podcasts or other internet based audio content. Let this now be that thread.

What are everyone's favorite podcasts? Internet radio stations? Audio archive sites?
Yet still, I live...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Internet In Your Earholes

Post by Don Alexander »

None. None. None.

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

ok, i admit that i made this thread mainly as an excuse share my favorite christmas story ever, which is read on the Escape Pod sci-fi podcast. please enjoy In The Late December by Greg van Eekhout.

marry christmas forum.
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

But I don't want to marry Christmas. Christmas is a bitch. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Man, I listen to a pile of these podcasty things.

There's the Skeptics' Guide to Universe, which is a weekly hour long show with science news, skepticism news, interviews and other stuff. Pretty entertaining.

My favourite though is The Geologic Podcast. It's done by atheist/skeptic musician George Hrab, who is totally amazing. He rants a lot, but it is always about interesting and entertaining things, and he sound designs it amusingly. Super recommended.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I don't really listen much to podcasts, but I'll plug a friend's. He has two, called The Fwooshcast and Let's Get Ready to Pod. They're about comics, toys, movies, games, and there are guests and stuff. It's funny, and you can tell he has fun doing it.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:08 pm
None. None. None.

:P
Still not a podcast person, but I've recently taken to listening to Pod Save America YouTube videos while I'm working on non-textual stuff.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)