Isn't the weather just lovely?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Isn't the weather just lovely?

Post by Iceman »

Being Icelandic and all that, I felt the need for a thread on the discussion of weather.

As a starter, I shall now state, that the weather here is rather nice. Not exactly warm, with the temperature being -10°C, but as there's no wind to speak of, it is not cold either. Well, until you get at a speed of 12m/s, and wearing gloves that, apparently, do not block the cold well enough. My thumbs were freezing.

So, how's the weather at your place?
The iceman cometh

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: Isn't the weather just lovely?

Post by BlairFan »

In Boston MA right now it's partly sunny and in the upper 50's F. (about 15 C.) In other words, for late November, it's beautiful. ;-)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

That does not sound bad at all.
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

64°F/17°C and Sunny with winds SE at 10 mph. Lovely day out. :)
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Last week's weather ... 40 cm of snow.

Today it got to +20C (68F) , and is now raining with a chance of thundershowers. Winds at 36k gusting 70.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

A thread about the weather, we really ARE getting old. :P

It's 20° C and wonderful sunshine here, late afternoon at 2300 meters in the Chilean Andes! ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Wait, 296K? At 2300m asl? Shirley, you can't be serious.
The iceman cometh

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Don't call him Shirley. :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Surely. :þ

Oh, and it's been snowing all day, so now the blanket has reached 4cm.

I love it, which isn't very surprising, seeing as snow is my second name. :ymsmug:
The iceman cometh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

We are at latitude -23 here, that's the Tropic of Capricorn. It's late spring going on summer, of course I'm serious. ;)

Also, more like 293 K. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Still, at 2300m above mean sea level, 293K is pretty impressive. In my summer here, under a mountain reaching 2110m asl, the temperature seldom reached above 290K. That may, though, have something to do with the close-by arctic circle, and the fact that the mountain is covered with approx. 8100 square km of glacier.
The iceman cometh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

:))

The other observer just told me a few weeks back it reached over 300K here. #:-s
ImageImage

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Wow! :-o One question... are we perchance getting too scientific in our temperatures?
The iceman cometh

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

I was wondering what you guys were discussing :-\

Very cold here again, not happy for it is 71 degree F which isn't bad, it the 50 degree F at night that blows. Is it summer yet???
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Where are you again, Searcher? If you are north of the tropic of cancer, then I think it's nice as long as it's above freezing, is it not?
The iceman cometh