Tattoos and Piercings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by Nibler »

Dirty n Evil wrote:And as much as I like the bird, I keep thinking of the placement of the tattoo... and just what sort of band of cloth it is that we're seeing in that picture. :ymblushing:
I was (probably) thinking the same thing as you when I first looked at the pictures, but you can see that the bird is on the side of her lower back if you look at the first picture.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

my interest lies in the heart actually.

loli, could you convey its significance to us?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Marque'd wrote:
lollipop cuts wrote:Hehehe, actually the artist and I discussed that. And "Have fun stormin' the castle!" Basically we just quoted the whole movie together until we were in tears.
Depending on where that was placed... XDDDDD
=))

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

DnE, it's not a bandwagon anymore if everyone's on it... And you should always be the first to splort of teh kyoot. Unless you have been training hard. :P

Okay, I'm going to say this with all honesty. And I hope I don't piss anyone off with my opinion...

We have a lot of wonderful, kyoot, pretty, sweet girls here...

But you, lollipop, I (my personal opinion, yes) consider our most beautiful forumite.

And your tattoos are very pretty, as well. And your Princess Bride quotathon earns you serious geek points, as well. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Steals Lolli for Artistic appreciation reasons... yeah.. thats it... <.< >.>* ;) I got the 'As you wish...' quote without being told where its from :p

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I've never heard of "Princess Bride". I assume it's a movie (or a book?)

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

*takes a deep breath*

The Princess Bride is a book... that later became a movie, both are awesome in their own right and have a cult following ever since they came out... one of my favourite quotes from the book is, sadly, too long for the movie
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

Don Alexander wrote:Okay, I'm going to say this with all honesty. And I hope I don't piss anyone off with my opinion...

We have a lot of wonderful, kyoot, pretty, sweet girls here...

But you, lollipop, I (my personal opinion, yes) consider our most beautiful forumite.
Oh Goodness... I could never make that decision. There are just too many, male and female alike, that I would horde in a harem and hug and squeeze each day... :( I gave that about an hours though Don. I seriously couldn't ever decide. Of course, Teacher would always hug you back. ;)
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Marque'd

Post by Marque'd »

Alisonchan wrote:
Oh Goodness... I could never make that decision. There are just too many, male and female alike, that I would horde in a harem and hug and squeeze each day... :( I gave that about an hours though Don. I seriously couldn't ever decide. Of course, Teacher would always hug you back. ;)
Forumite Harem. :ymdevil:

That would indeed be awesome. xD;
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *stabstabstab*

Yay, signature death.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Morwen is already on the prowl...

And I have my own little circle. :ymhug: :ymhug: to my Ma3 and my Sithling!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Don and his sithling are of course welcome to visit me and my platypus friend at any time :)

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Don Alexander wrote: We have a lot of wonderful, kyoot, pretty, sweet girls here...

And your tattoos are very pretty, as well. And your Princess Bride quotathon earns you serious geek points, as well. ;)
Oh my gosh, no! Thank you so very much, you're a darling and a prince for saying that, but absolutely not. There are so many beautiful people here. I'm certainly not worthy of such a thing. And besides, everyone is beautiful here in their own way. But wow, you're such a sweetheart. I'm so flattered.

Thank you to everyone else who commented too! I love each and every one of my tattoos.

The heart was my first tattoo, and I designed it myself. The center of it all is the mayfly, which lives for a very brief time and is considered a symbol of the shortness of life, or the small flash of existence we are in the grand scheme of the universe. I tried to incorporate all that was important to me in the tattoo -- love, nature, religion, the stars... and tie it all together in the frame of my heart, with the mayfly at the center to symbolize how brief and fleeting it all is. It's more or less a reminder to me that all precious things come to an end, so to take them for granted while they last. It's a motto I try to live by. :) I hope that made sense!
This bud of love by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

:: William Shakespeare::

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Seeing that it is my personal opinion, I believe I'm entitled to it. ;)
ImageImage

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Of course you are, dear. I'm just... flattered, I suppose. I don't know how to react. Haha
This bud of love by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

:: William Shakespeare::

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm trying to contemplate how you could have gone through 22 years of life without anyone telling you how utterly stunning you are.

I fail.
ImageImage