Anecdotes.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Anecdotes.

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:I point out we were both drunk and young when that happened, so its only fair back then is someone steals your girl you want to give him a good kicking. Still no excuse for the ass to bring a deadly weapon with him. Being humiliated by pissing himself was a bigger punishment then whatever we could beat out of him though.
You're right about that! :)) And I didn't say he was not an ass, just the opposite...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I know that... fortuantely my friends Ex has never had a relationship thats lasted more then 6 weeks since, so it serves her right...

Maybe once we've had a few more other peoples anecdotes, I'll recount the tale of my infamous drunken camping trip :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:I know that... fortuantely my friends Ex has never had a relationship thats lasted more then 6 weeks since, so it serves her right...
A fitting revenge!
Bear wrote:Maybe once we've had a few more other peoples anecdotes, I'll recount the tale of my infamous drunken camping trip :D
Okay, guys, you know what to do!!!

I've only been drunk once. It's not such a good story, actually. :ymsick:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

That and they were both laughing stocks for weeks after the story of him comming armed to a fair fight and then wetting himself after getting caught in a headlock got out. :ymdevil:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Awww... :ymhug:

I like the story. Awesome how you made candy bags!!

It seems you supply not only the evil things. ;)

And I can't think of any story like that in my life either. :((
ImageImage

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

I was wandering the streets in a town in Thailand with some other guys from my ship. Some locals thugs decided they didn't like us horrible Caucasions being there. They rushed into the street ahead of us, forming a line across the street, their head guy ahead of the line a little. The head thug started abusing us, calling us nasty names, generally revolving around how disgusting white people are. He waved his hands around and crap, like on the kung fu movies. Then my buddy Tim punched him in the face, knocked him out cold with one hit. We walked on while his pals picked him up off the street.

Sounds like a movie, I guess. But it actually happened.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Aww, come here :ymhug: I'm sure you have some interesting anecdote to tell us :)

Candies are evil too :ymdevil: And they were Halloween candies... (~~)

Edit: This year I was too exhausted and a bit depressed, so my present for the SS was not so elaborated (and, the SS were older, 17 or 18 years old, more or less). Anyway, I bought some chocolates for them and put a small card with a nice message in each chocolate. They also loved it :)
Well, #-o ! Chocolate - what's not to like? ;) And you found an excuse to use the pumpkin smiley!! Awesome.

So, by unpopular demand, here's the embarassing anecdote on how I got drunk. Don't try this at home, kids.

It was 1994, I guess. We were at a house party. And some people decided we should play "Buben Ziehen" (Jack Drawing), which, IIRC, is a senseless card game where you mix a deck, a bunch of people sit in a circle, deck in the middle, and successively draw cards. He who draws a Jack needs to drink. That's the whole thing. No "winning", just drinking. We had cups of "Vodka O", that is, vodka mixed with orange juice. This stuff is the :ymdevil: because it tastes really good and you hardly notice the alcohol, even if it still has 20%.

As luck would have it, I drew most of the Jacks, and I think I had, all in all, nine cups of Vodka O... This probably amounted to like a quarter liter of vodka... :ymsick: I was feeling quite buzzed, but good. Then I stood up...

BANG!!!! Smashed by the Ban Hammer!!!!

Henceforth, I was totally pissed, and it was NOT a good feeling!! I could still think reasonably clearly, so I decided that if I were to eat something, maybe that would bind the alcohol a bit (too late, of course... #-o ). So I asked our hostess, and in their kitchen, I devoured a whole package of Smacks. Not sure if I ate them dry... By this time, some people were looking upon my behaviour unkindly. I then went back up and passed out on the bed of the hostess (we were mostly in her room). Two of my friends decided that that was an uncouth thing to do, and tried to make me get up. I denied them the pleasure, and they commenced dragging me out of bed. I snapped and became aggressive.. . :-s The only thing that actually suffered was my best friend's Van Halen - Right Here, Right Now Live CD, which I stepped on, breaking the casing...

It's interesting, this is probably 14, 15 years ago, and yet I remember much of it, despite being drunk. I don't know how I got home, obviously someone drove me (I did not get my driver's license until after school). By that time, I was reasonably sobered up, and my parents didn't notice anything. I hit the matress... and a few hours later, woke up suddenly, feeling horribly sick... :ymsick: I got about one step out of bed before I projectile-vomited across my room! #-o x_x

That was a lot of fun to clean up... My Arkansas Razorbacks jacket smelled of alcoholic puke for quite a while after that... Luckily, again, my parents noticed nothing, and I've most assuredly never told them about it...

These days, I hardly ever drink alcohol, and it goes to my head pretty quickly. :(
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Oh, that must have been nasty; but it's an interesting story. And I thinks it must have helped you to be more careful around alcohol.
Partly, yes. I had a few other parties where I drank buckets without getting more than a "good level". My record was 4.5 liters of beer, 0.2 liters of Johnny Walker, and finally, a complete 0.75 liter bottle of wine in one draught before going to bed. I did not throw up later. Considering that's also the party where I saw our class beauty go skinny dipping in the luscious moonlight, I have very fond memories of that one... :D
Teacher2B wrote:In fact, though I love rum and Bailey's, I also almost never drink alcohol ,and when I do it's no more than 1 or 2 glasses (depending on how strong the stuff is), as it also goes to my head quite quickly. That's why I'm always the designated driver :D. By the way, if I know that I'm going to drive, I don't touch alcohol at all.
Designated driver. Yep, that's me. As well. Though since the only venue I partiticpate in that involves consumption of large amounts of alcohol is our class reunion each year on the 23rd of December, I don't have to do it often. But I always call people and offer to pick them up and then take them home. They are always surprised. They always offer to buy me a drink. I always refuse. It's a ritual. I am so looking forward to it this year again.
ImageImage

harbino

Post by harbino »

Don Alexander wrote: and a few hours later, woke up suddenly, feeling horribly sick... :ymsick: I got about one step out of bed before I projectile-vomited across my room! #-o x_x
That reminds me of something that happened recently at a friends house.

I have a really intelligent mate, who is turning slightly emo and is now starting to do stupid things for a dare. Anyway, a few weeks ago on Halloween, him and his friends went camping in Auckley (little village near my hometown) and they got drunk, and he rang me for about 10mins and all I could here was "I fucking love you, I love you all!"

Anyways last week he had a bottle of vodka bought for him, by the same mate who was in Auckley, and he downed about three quarters of it. And he projectile-vomited all over the place. Lucky for him, his parents were in Cornwall, and only his brother was with them. It was all over the cushions and sofa, and it was dribbling onto him. So him and his mate, who I will call Steve and John, carried him up the stairs and had to bathe him, since they are all sixth form students, and he had college in about two hours. Anyways he projectile-vomited onto the bath, and it manage to rebound off the water onto the ceiling, and they had to wash him. So they manage to finish bathing him; he was starting to sober up and they cleaned up the house... well the sofa and the living room and put just about all his clothes that were puked all over, into the wash... lucky for him, his brother had cleaned up the bathroom.

So he comes into sixthform smelling of vomit, although most of that smell was reduced by the bath. He had a splitting headache, and it wasn't help by everything shouting in his ear.

Moral of the story, don't down a bottle of vodka.

The funny thing was that when he was out camping in Auckley, he had a half-bottle of vodka, and about 7pints of lager.

@T2B: What is didactics?

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

This guy at the base where I did my basic training shot the rifle instructor in the foot. @_@

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

If I can get a clear picture, I will take a picture of the weird lump in my leg caused by a round skimming the side of my magnums five years ago.
Drunken anecdotes... oh 'eck, are we telling those now? Should I begin with the time I took off my boots and tights because I was convinced my feet were melting (never let your friends mix your drinks), the time I made up the game 'truth or boobs', the time I tried to make four cups of tea with one teabag... or perhaps another night?
I'm not sure if it's the gaelic in me, but I don't easily get drunk; even when I'm tipsy, I'm usually just a very 'loving' drunk (maybe I'll post that story in the Sexual Experiences thread...). The times I do, however, are memorable, as instead of being a moody, violent or depressed drunk, I'm instead a drunk akin to Dexter from Dexter's Lab- specifically, I come up with genius ideas and strive to pull them off with panache and efficiency.
I usually fail.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Teacher2B wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:This guy at the base where I did my basic training shot the rifle instructor in the foot. @_@
That sounds as something I'd probably do if I ever tried to shoot a rifle :)
I was pretty good at it. But then I grew up hillbilly, using my dad's rifle. My brothers and I even made our own bows and arrows, used slings, stuff like that.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

When I was stationed in Western Australia, I went over to visit a house where several dudes from my ship were living together. Out of nowhere, one of them said "Rinder rubbed his **** on the cat!" Rinder just shrugged and said "It was soft."

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

@Steph: What, praytell, are the rules to truth or boob?
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

It's like truth or dare, except instead of dares there are breasts. I managed to invent it and not participate. :))
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'